Exhaust Questions

he's asking if a 320i e46 muffler can fit a 318i e36. i hope its what u are trying to get at Cybertron.

No lahhh...it is a 318... :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:
I just do not like the idea of spending so much on the exhaust systems ans the power gains are not up to expectations...

So i would like to consider a 320 stock exhaust first..to let my baby "breathe" better...khekhehek

I don tink i wanna do my rims until i get a proper decent brake calipers, rotors and all...all those break dust are going to kill my newly shined rims...

actually if u rim size is within the spec list of the car, normally at the driver seat when u open the car door, then u shld not have any problem though it helps with better braking IMO.

Sorry... just some joke with wayansurfer when we met up last time, i joke his car got more than a 318 engine inside. :p

Yo Chew,

I tink Humanfly would like to noe more on the Simota.....

Re: Exhaust Questions

Wayansurfer said:
Hi All,

Need help...

Can a E46 rear muffler fit and suitable for a E36 4pot??

1) Problem: The 3 hooks are in different locations.
Solution: Cut and re-weld to match the rubber mounting locations.

2) Problem: Overall size and shape also different.
Solution: Must knock a few panels around the exhaust area. But if it fits, the muffler will be lower which can be seen from the side.

Only E46 2L rear muffler has the single inlet which is the only option if you going ahead. 2.2L has 2 inlets and this option is out.

Suggestion, why not you look for a E36 320i muffler, save all the troubles. Should be available in scrap yard.

yeah..no point going through all the trouble for nothing. but i reckon u go to fong kim personally and ask them. they may have some pipings i saw in an area. u neve know.

Yeah the other time I spoke to Ricky...the offered me ANSA muffler...and its not LTA approved.....

if its not LTA approved, its up to u. personally i perfer no problems with these ppl as if anything happens, they can say this and that and u cant do shit. save the trouble and get a one apprived by LTA.

YEah dats wat I tot...
Tot of going for Supersprint..I heard its much cheaper..i just wanna have a bassy note!! my exhaust is more than 10years and its bout time to change

supersprint may not be bassy for a 4 pot. if i were u, i would just try to ask fong Kim to de-cat urs or weld another type of cheaper muffler for a better sound. so far, IMO the 6 pots create better bass but for the 4 pot i heard not as bassy but i might be wrong. hope some ppl can bring some light on this.

i think most of the blokes are asleep with their Bimmers in bed. we'll wait for them to be over and done with. :dance:

Sat in and was around Remus325's coupe with SS exhaust and was pleasantly surprised that it's not as loud as I thought, seems quiet... a tinge louder than stock. Thought that Remus was actually louder, but that was on a 320i... :thinking:

IMO though!

Azrielsc said:
Sat in and was around Remus325's coupe with SS exhaust and was pleasantly surprised that it's not as loud as I thought, seems quiet... a tinge louder than stock. Thought that Remus was actually louder, but that was on a 320i... :thinking:

IMO though!

Bro, gotta bare in mind, watever fixed in a il6, is completely diff when u had it in a 4potters. SS on the striaght 4s are much louder instead of bassy.

yah... think so too, cuz i remember some dudes who fitted the blitz on their 4-potters complained that its damn loud, but when its in my car, sounds nicer!

Here is my take...

1) 6 pots has bigger lungs than 4 pots. Just like a small boy and a big guy blowing the same trumpet. Small boy cannot sustain a constant and long continunous blow.

2) Material does play apart in sound quality. Denser (heavy) steel will produce low pitch and lighter steel will produce high pitch.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back