Experience at Premium Auto :(

Tonyhawk

In my serach for a new car, i have narrowed it down to basically 2 models that appeals to both my budget and liking - the Audi A4 1.8t and the BMW 320i. Like all buyers, i went down and test drove both cars, spoke to the Sales Executives on the specs and pricing.

Subsequently went back to PA and spoke to the SE and told him that PML could offer this and that and in short, whether could he match it. His exact words were - 'Can try but must ask boss 1st as i cannot make approval. I will try to meet or even better their price.' That sounded good - exude loads of confidence. He has knowledge of what PML is offering. This was done twice over 2 seperate meetings.

Disussed the matter with my other half and decided that if PA can meet PML offer, we'll take it. Went to PA on Sunday at Leng Kee. Was told only left 2 colours. A bit sian liao. So i wanted the see the colour of the car in the flesh but not available at Leng Kee and had to go to Ubi. At the same time, the SE intorduced me to the Sales Manager, some ang mor fella. Of course, said the usual things - good car, good buy, hope to close deal, u look good in the car... etc... The SE even got a car agent to come see my car to valuate it! (I did not ask for that?). But hey, if price good, what the heck right?

Drove to Ubi with apprehensiveness on how the colour of the car would look. Turned out - ok still can. Not first choice but not like terrible. So SE talked about stuff and delivery and etc. I was like ok - can accept everything. Then sit down and talk about price. I started off with - 'so i told you my price rite - what PML is offering.' He said yeah i know - confidently. So I asked abt the price whether he could better it. Not only he couldn't, he said it is at 130k. I was, needless to say, taken back... So i said, 'thought you said you would match the price?' He said - can but take away all the accessories and take the basic model - even then have to try with his boss? Ding dong and everything - offered the car at 128k. Firmly, it is a no go. Wasted my Sunday, my time (and my wife's)... and he even added that he has lots of other meetings to attend to... what a joke.

That is not the end. The Ang Mor called me yesterday, asking me how did it go (What a joke if he doesn't know). I basically told him no deal as cannot meet PML price. He asked what cars am i comparing to so i told him. This is what will get to all of you - including me. He words were 'You cannot compare a 1.8T with the 320i. It is in a dfference call. The 1.8T should be compared with a 325i. When you compare the 1.8T to the 320i, it is like comparing a super car with a (GET THIS!) Donkey' What? I cannot believe he said that. I told him that the BM definately has a better resale and higher OMV - that's a fact. He added that he car made in South Africa (i knew that already) and his was a pure German car. So cut the chase, can meet price or cannot. Ang Mor said cannot. End of conversation.

Buying a car is certainly a process putting one thru various thought processes. Last thing the buyer wants is misinformation and over-commitment. Can say can. Cannot say cannot. Dun freaking waste time.

I guess that is all i wanna say. To be fair, i will post this on Vag site as well.

Re: Experience at Premium Auto :(

thanks for sharing dude.

unfortunately you met a local dude (your SE) as well as a bigger ang mor dud head...

wrong things to say to your customer... totally wrong...

well, I guess thats their "want to boost sales to overtake BMW" Mentality...

c'mon - face it.. audi overtake BMW??? not for a long while...

no way man...

(if every audi is like the RS4 maybe got chance... the rest....a bit tough)

Hia-dee, I tested the Audi A4 2.0 and also the A4 1.8T. The 1.8T is indeed(to me at least) higher thsn 320i, which shld be compared to A42.0.

The 1.8T is priced higher than the A4 2.0, I ve driven it and it feels faster than my 320i bcos of the....well...Turbo !

Its probably closer to 323/325 in terms of power specs. But that 1.8T is a bit jerky at low speeds n I felt a slight turbo lag in it. The BMW 3 series still drives better n smoother

SMYUEN;163540 said:
thanks for sharing dude.

unfortunately you met a local dude (your SE) as well as a bigger ang mor dud head...

wrong things to say to your customer... totally wrong...

well, I guess thats their "want to boost sales to overtake BMW" Mentality...

c'mon - face it.. audi overtake BMW??? not for a long while...

no way man...

(if every audi is like the RS4 maybe got chance... the rest....a bit tough)

I have nothing against either car. Both i think has their pros and cons but for the respective agents... it is another story...

Ahbengdriver;163546 said:
Hia-dee, I tested the Audi A4 2.0 and also the A4 1.8T. The 1.8T is indeed(to me at least) higher thsn 320i, which shld be compared to A42.0.

The 1.8T is priced higher than the A4 2.0, I ve driven it and it feels faster than my 320i bcos of the....well...Turbo !

Its probably closer to 323/325 in terms of power specs. But that 1.8T is a bit jerky at low speeds n I felt a slight turbo lag in it. The BMW 3 series still drives better n smoother

If i can stretch, it would be the 323/325 anytime. V6 over turbo. Surely, it ain't a Donkey???

Tonyhawk;163547 said:
I have nothing against either car. Both i think has their pros and cons but for the respective agents... it is another story...

true.... understand.

the car image is easily tarnished by the people trying to sell you the car...

calling a 320 a donkey isnt very intelligent..

Hey Tony Hawk,

Its an inline 6 not a V6 engine in the Beemer. Creamy smooth engine and revs well

Cheers

flamenco;163556 said:
Hey Tony Hawk,

Its an inline 6 not a V6 engine in the Beemer. Creamy smooth engine and revs well

Cheers

My Apologies. Yes i know abt the creamy stuff. Drove an M3 in the US (not Mine). Very very creamy.

The donkey comment is out of line but I would think the sales manager is right in pointing out that the rightful comparison is between 320 to A4 2.0mu.

KT;163577 said:
The donkey comment is out of line but I would think the sales manager is right in pointing out that the rightful comparison is between 320 to A4 2.0mu.

The maybe both should be priced the same then?
130 vs 150. Cannot compare lah

Tonyhawk;163586 said:
The maybe both should be priced the same then?
130 vs 150. Cannot compare lah

the 320i price is less than 130k now

Mag;163596 said:
Power? As far as torque goes, they are about on par. Not HP.

In terms of performance, i still think the BM is faster, handles much better. But heck what do i know...:(

Tonyhawk;163601 said:
In terms of performance, i still think the BM is faster, handles much better. But heck what do i know...:(

You know what is a better deal, and whats not..:juggle:

Tonyhawk;163550 said:
If i can stretch, it would be the 323/325 anytime. V6 over turbo. Surely, it ain't a Donkey???

When the PA SE said 'donkey' did he sounded like Americano slang?
" Aaa man, that BMW aint look like no Donkey "

Or did he sound like Singapura Ah Beng slang...
" He Hor He Hor, machiam like Long-Key hor ":)

saw a black 1.8T at vivio city the other day. it comes with all the S Line body kit and europlate. have to say is damn nice. I think the car is lowered. looks fierce.

1.8T -> 163hp/0 to 100kmh in 8.6secs
323 -> 177hp/0 to 100kmh in 8.8secs

should be compare to 323 and not 325. 325 will eat 1.8T

the point here is, the way i understand it, the folks from Axxx should already have an inkling of what he is searching for, in terms of pricing, and hence it really is wasting everyone's time to, at the end of the day,say no deal lah, cannot compare lah, my gun is bigger lah,and blah,blah,blah,. and to remark your rival's make as 'donkey' is really like 'dumbass', pun intended.

Until now I still dunno what that MU stand for in the audi 2.0MU....damn cheem.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nohudoithuong2

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back