F10 - Misfire on engine

Re: F10 - Misfire on engine

Need more case to be sure ma

kenntona;1011439 said:
Yeah, different blocks, N54/EJ25 versus N20. Car sold but heng, the knowledge can still be rendered helpful.

Assuming STOCK engines, without any piggybacking...... the probable causes are:

~ spark plugs/ignition coils - your workshop should have swapped ignition coils to check if the misfiring problem has been "transferred" to another cylinder. If yes, then it is the ignition coil. Else, given the loss in boost/pressure, it could be:

~ Injectors
~ HPFP/LPFP
~ intake valves
~ vanos solenoid

These assume stock. If chipped, remove chip and test again.

so will tuning cause misfiring??
why?

jonleeck said:
so will tuning cause misfiring??
why?

Of course.

AFR wrong => too lean => failed ignition

i havent seen the kelleners module, but i have seen that the TMC tuning module has 2 cables that tap into the boost pressure and manifold air pressure. I believe it works by bypassing both sensors and tricking the ecu to allow high boost pressures.

Will just raising the boost cause the AFR to be lean?

But would not the ECU detect a lean AFR and compensate by increasing fuel input?

Any bros have seen the kelleners module to comment on how many sensors are being bypassed?

I am on TMC. Plugs into MAF and boost pressure sensor. Done 10k km over the past year, default 6 setting with 98 ron. Pulls very well in 2500-5000rpm region. Frequent wot to near red line. Don't dare to meddle with higher boost, scare chi ba bom.

Understand that not everyone has positive experience with such piggyback, but I don't understand how the kelleners can cause piston to piang. I mean if you think about it, if there is anything wrong, one of the infinite number of sensors in the engine will throw fault code and go into limp mode right?

You have a point. According to TMC, the lambda and air mass sensors will detect the increased boost and adjust the AFR to prevent the lean AFR. Ignition timing is also detected and adjusted by the ECU.

Im no engine guru...but a compression leak has to do with the piston rings right?

Slow_poke_driver;1011511 said:
I am on TMC. Plugs into MAF and boost pressure sensor. Done 10k km over the past year, default 6 setting with 98 ron. Pulls very well in 2500-5000rpm region. Frequent wot to near red line. Don't dare to meddle with higher boost, scare chi ba bom.

Understand that not everyone has positive experience with such piggyback, but I don't understand how the kelleners can cause piston to piang. I mean if you think about it, if there is anything wrong, one of the infinite number of sensors in the engine will throw fault code and go into limp mode right?

douggie;1011527 said:
Wah. Really Buy More Worries!

or Best Mod Wins.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ngalan;1011407 said:
As long as you are on N20, this will happen

U mean if I am driving a F10 520i, and install kellener sport module. This will happen??

I hope n55 engine will not as I had installed kellener sport module too... Any 535i owner here that installed one as well? Any problem so far?

Looks like piggy back is out of my mod list.
I have small balls n a weak heart

seems neither new info from kellener module owners, or other owners with cylinder problems have voiced out.

cant be 100% sure its the piggyback....

ANDY TAN YJ;1012933 said:
Bro, this sound scary because I am on the module too. Have you done the repair?

Take it out asap lor... What for having sleepless nights.

So it means the culprit is the kelleners sport module? Or is it a common problem with N20?

Kelleners connect to how many sensors? Quite suprising this is happening coz so many people use such tuning boxes on many different cars and not very common to have such problem right? Especially when the boost is only increased so little...

Another thing...since n20B20o0 is the engine designation for both the 181hp and 245hp version...then if my 181hp piang already...technically speaking I can change to 245hp version and still pass inspection right?

technically yes until you are caught. besides, the standard inspection don't even check ecu, software version, etc
just pop the bonnet and see see look look unless you have a gigantic turbocharger or intake that looks like a chimney

i am more concerned on insurance coverage. the news reported that the cases of car "on fire" is on the rise and many were due to illegal modification and poor quality mods. hence, insurance company also growing to invalid insurance coverage.

i seriously hope that bmw release the powerkit for x20i and x28i ... :)

Slow_poke_driver;1013104 said:
Another thing...since n20B20o0 is the engine designation for both the 181hp and 245hp version...then if my 181hp piang already...technically speaking I can change to 245hp version and still pass inspection right?

ngalan;1012786 said:
Bro, just try it out and you will soon know!

I cannot understand how the KS Piggyback can cause the damage of the piston. It will limp mode when threshold is reached.

I doubt anyone can pinpoint to any piggyback as the cause of any misfiring. As I have mentioned, check the plugs/coils first.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back