F10 rocky ride

Re: F10 rocky ride

SSDD1;953461 said:
Hi Bro

My F10 Nov 2011 HL model with mileage close to 20k. I experienced pretty bad suspension issue driving along the NSHW. My passengers in both trips at the back complained that they feel like sitting in a rocking boat whenever I go through uneven patches along the HW. Took it to PML and the technician who test drive the car claimed that this is typical of F10 suspension. There is nothing they can do. That is why later model has Comfort plus suspension setting. Mine has only sport, Sport + and Normal setting. Is he talking crab? He said he too will feel sick whenever he sits the back of F10.

Any advise?
Hi did you personally try to sit at the back? For a 20k mileage car, unless the suspension is leaking or is damaged, bring back to pml will not help anything. It's like if my passenger say my conerning not sharp enough and feel I oversteer, bring the car to pml will not get anything. Dun waste time there. It's the design and if you wish, change to aftermkt spring or coil over. If not dun ferry passenger and ask them take a coach while u drive.

Don't think its rocky. In fact I find my f10 suspension a bit too soft I feel floaty at high speed.

I also think that the stock suspension is too soft. Especially when driving at high speed over an undulating road, u can almost feel the car sinking in too much when there is a sudden drop on the road.
Wondering when TS said Rocky, he meant it roll too much, which is typical of suspension that is less firm.

Been thinking of upgrading to KW V2 for some time. Any F10 bro here on it?

Go for V3 ..... More options ...

Cars4fun;955555 said:
I also think that the stock suspension is too soft. Especially when driving at high speed over an undulating road, u can almost feel the car sinking in too much when there is a sudden drop on the road.
Wondering when TS said Rocky, he meant it roll too much, which is typical of suspension that is less firm.

Cars4fun;955555 said:

Cars4fun;955555 said:

Stick suspension soft on which mode? Comfort or sports or sports+ ?

Shev;955561 said:
Stick suspension soft on which mode? Comfort or sports or sports+ ?

Comfort mode.
Didn't really think there would be any difference in the suspension in the other modes as mine doesn't come with dynamic damping control. I read in the manual that the chassis stiffens under sports mode, and the traction control is switched off under sport+, nothing to do with suspension leh.

Red_Bean_Bun;955560 said:

I am considering that too, but understand that it can get complicated when there are too many settings, and its more suited for track use.
Was on Street Comfort on my Audi before, it was pretty good set, and could feel the difference from the stock suspension. Thought I try a different model with firmer spring rate this time.

A big concern I have is if there are noise issue after installation.

I'm on KW V2, doesn't feel like i'm steering a boat anymore esp around bends/corners!
Nvr been on NSH so i don't know how it feel driving at high speeds.

If the price diff not much then might as well ......

Cars4fun;955594 said:
I am considering that too, but understand that it can get complicated when there are too many settings, and its more suited for track use.
Was on Street Comfort on my Audi before, it was pretty good set, and could feel the difference from the stock suspension. Thought I try a different model with firmer spring rate this time.

A big concern I have is if there are noise issue after installation.

My F10 original Tyre is 225/55 R17... Maybe yours is the bigger profile
tyres that is why.. My neighbours F10 tyres is same as mine, only 225/55 R17..

Maybe do i check on these ? Tyres play a part in rocky issue also.. Cheers..

steve9733;956163 said:
My F10 original Tyre is 225/55 R17... Maybe yours is the bigger profile
tyres that is why.. My neighbours F10 tyres is same as mine, only 225/55 R17..

Maybe do i check on these ? Tyres play a part in rocky issue also.. Cheers..
It has nothing to do with tyre. My previous E39 520 with stock 225/55 16. Drive on NSH @ 150km/h rock solid le.

stock suspension is soft and jarring... add that to the hard side wall RFT = puke!!!!

remedy
1) lowering spring + use sports/sports+ mode
or
2) KWv3.. can fine tune until u song....

with 1 or 2.. confirm even 200+ on NSW also swee swee no puke

porky88;956201 said:
stock suspension is soft and jarring... add that to the hard side wall RFT = puke!!!!

remedy
1) lowering spring + use sports/sports+ mode
or
2) KWv3.. can fine tune until u song....

with 1 or 2.. confirm even 200+ on NSW also swee swee no puke
Since stock suspension is soft, just change to non-RFT. Everything soft like Merc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abc8earth

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back