f10 transmission oil

Terras14

anybody change their oil at pml? was told is 143 per litre and 6 litee per change plus labour is almost 1k?
called up engsoon and its only 26 per litre mwonder they are the same oil.

anyone pls advise.

Re: f10 transmission oil

Yesterday got screwed by Volvo - 75k servicing - engine and transmission oil change $1600.

NB.

How is that for expensive ?

Terras14;1041889 said:
anybody change their oil at pml? was told is 143 per litre and 6 litee per change plus labour is almost 1k?

anyone pls advise.

The $143 per litre quoted by pml?? Dats really expensive. Did they quote for the filter too?

Meek;1041975 said:
The $143 per litre quoted by pml?? Dats really expensive. Did they quote for the filter too?

yup by pml n i didnt ask for filter

Is it neccessary to change transmission oil? If yes at what mileage to change?

Coz i asked before and the answer is not neccessary to change...

Red_Bean_Bun;1041972 said:
Yesterday got screwed by Volvo - 75k servicing - engine and transmission oil change $1600.

NB.

How is that for expensive ?

What's the cost breakdown?

kennypmf;1042177 said:

Who did you ask?

kennypmf;1042177 said:

That debate has gone out for donkey years. Juz like engine oil, do you need to change it?

Meek;1042181 said:
Who did you ask?

I asked an authorised BMW service centre.

Actually wanted to change but they gave me answer like "if there is nothing wrong with yr auto transmission, why change? As BMW servicing do not require to change the transmission oil."

kennypmf;1042328 said:
I asked an authorised BMW service centre.

Actually wanted to change but they gave me answer like "if there is nothing wrong with yr auto transmission, why change? As BMW servicing do not require to change the transmission oil."

Yes, because they want you to change transmission when it breaks after warranty. Or change car.

FYI - Volvo recommends changing transmission oil at 75k. I agree with them as no oil lasts forever.

But if old car ...... I'll leave it alone.

Terras14;1041889 said:

anyone pls advise.

Bought at ES, $26/L x5, oil pan $200, labour $85@M**
Price all exclude gst.

Car mileage 75k, under warranty.

PML didn't request to change ATF so I think is up to individual?

hondacivic;1042422 said:
Bought at ES, $26/L x5, oil pan $200, labour $85@M**
Price all exclude gst.

Car mileage 75k, under warranty.

PML didn't request to change ATF so I think is up to individual?
i was quoted kabour 150 only thou the oil is freaking ex. i know bmw transmission oil is lifetime but i will think that new oil will defintely makes the shift smoother hence feel like changing. my mileage is around 40k thou.

My F10 is coming 3 years this December. Mileage 86K. Servicing at PML (east coast) this Friday. Going to request for transmission oil change and will update you guys what they say ;)

Current transmission very sluggish and theres what it felt like, gear slip when going up steep slope like multi storey car park. Any of you guys have this same symptom?

Some people would say change the filter as well. Some say don't change the filter.

Have a think about that before going in ......

Alex Lee;1042444 said:
My F10 is coming 3 years this December. Mileage 86K. Servicing at PML (east coast) this Friday. Going to request for transmission oil change and will update you guys what they say ;)

Current transmission very sluggish and theres what it felt like, gear slip when going up steep slope like multi storey car park. Any of you guys have this same symptom?

Terras14;1042427 said:
i was quoted kabour 150 only thou the oil is freaking ex. i know bmw transmission oil is lifetime but i will think that new oil will defintely makes the shift smoother hence feel like changing. my mileage is around 40k thou.

U can buy d original transmission oil from ES n service at PML.
It is recommended to change d oil pan too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor88507

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back