Falken FK453 Tyre Feedback

Re: Falken FK453 Tyre Feedback

Stay away ~~ unless u like to side swipe :eek:

**Get better ones, rubber safe life!!

Cheers ~~~

To be fair the FK453 isn't that bad when it's dry.

it's not as good in the wet.

plus it wears out relatively faster.

aggressive tread pattern but more show and less go - ok for street, not for track.

plus it's quite a bit cheaper than Michelin, Pirelli, and Contis.

on SG road, no problem.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

SpeedLover;1007155 said:
Hi Riders...

Anybody use Falken FK453? Can share your feedback? Thanks.

they r very dangerous on black ice. not ideal for xtreme snow conditions. also cant really drive over Singapore river with them. not safe.

Dunno about 453 but falken is not known to have good tires. There's a reason why they are cheap.

totoseow said:
they r very dangerous on black ice. not ideal for xtreme snow conditions. also cant really drive over Singapore river with them. not safe.

Admin - please BAN Totoseow on intentional Ice Karchang application on an all important localised question.

what totoseow could have meant was that they are not safe only when Singapore experiences hail storm.

Hi All...

Thank you for the feedback... Not cheap for that the size that I am looking for which is 255/45R20... S$400/tyre ;-P

SpeedLover;1008813 said:
Hi All...

Thank you for the feedback... Not cheap for that the size that I am looking for which is 255/45R20... S$400/tyre ;-P

Cheap for 20" tires

SpeedLover;1008813 said:
Hi All...

Not cheap?!

Have you checked the price of michelin, Pirelli and continental?

Even the stock run flats are more expensive?

jinooi;1008877 said:
Not cheap?!

Have you checked the price of michelin, Pirelli and continental?

Even the stock run flats are more expensive?

And hence the FC type of questions

$400 is cheap. Pengful and Dino Hunter say one....

C3P0;1008907 said:
$400 is cheap. Pengful and Dino Hunter say one....

I have quite good opinion of 452 but haven't used 453 yet. Trust they should be ok. $400 is ok for the size.

pengful;1008916 said:
I have quite good opinion of 452 but haven't used 453 yet. Trust they should be ok. $400 is ok for the size.
Wa cannot say u bad things, u are everywhere.
Ya I've also only tried 452, which was ok for its price. Only thing is its slightly noisier.

SpeedLover;1007155 said:
Hi Riders...

Anybody use Falken FK453? Can share your feedback? Thanks.
FK453 has improved and climbed into the Max Performance Tyre category (FK452 is 1 category lower) but it is not doing well among competitors, even the older Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric out perform this FK453 - Passenger Car Summer Max Performance Tyres Tyres | the online tyre guide

Besides 'word of mouth', below are 3 tyre test conducted, you can judge for yourself from the result (IMHO, FK453 is total fail... not forgetting it is not RFT and some RFT out performs it too);

1) Came in 10th - 2013 Sport Auto Max Performance Summer Tyre Test | the online tyre guide

2) Came in 13th - 2013 European Summer Sports Tyre Test | the online tyre guide

3) Came in 25th - 2012 Autobild 50 Tyre Braking Test | the online tyre guide

Lastly, remember the only contact between your ride and the road, is the Tyre. Also we should know, the better tyres will also provide better braking distance i.e. shorter distance required per given speed over braking power.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

sandman369;1008879 said:
And hence the FC type of questions

Good things - seldom cheap

cheap things - seldom good

cheap and good things - only in your imagination

Dun read too much into these tests.

Among the flagship performance tires among the various brands, falken is far behind when compared with the likes Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli, etc.

Baby1M;1008932 said:
FK453 has improved and climbed into the Max Performance Tyre category (FK452 is 1 category lower) but it is not doing well among competitors, even the older Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric out perform this FK453 - Passenger Car Summer Max Performance Tyres Tyres | the online tyre guide

Besides 'word of mouth', below are 3 tyre test conducted, you can judge for yourself from the result (IMHO, FK453 is total fail... not forgetting it is not RFT and some RFT out performs it too);

1) Came in 10th - 2013 Sport Auto Max Performance Summer Tyre Test | the online tyre guide

2) Came in 13th - 2013 European Summer Sports Tyre Test | the online tyre guide

3) Came in 25th - 2012 Autobild 50 Tyre Braking Test | the online tyre guide

Lastly, remember the only contact between your ride and the road, is the Tyre. Also we should know, the better tyres will also provide better braking distance i.e. shorter distance required per given speed over braking power.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hot789scom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back