Fast lane service with PML cost with bring own engine oil

pet1333

Hi all....anyone can advise the cost of bring your own engine oil to PML for servicing for F30 318I. I know many will say go outside workshops better. I understand but looking at PML fastlane service so that the car can record a BMW service code. My car is a 4 years old with 30K mileage. Hope to maintain this low mileage records with PML. Thank in advance!!

PML no longer allow owner to bring your own engine oil.

Hi all....anyone can advise the cost of bring your own engine oil to PML for servicing for F30 318I. I know many will say go outside workshops better. I understand but looking at PML fastlane service so that the car can record a BMW service code. My car is a 4 years old with 30K mileage. Hope to maintain this low mileage records with PML. Thank in advance!!

Latest update for whoever might want to do the same.
I contacted PML customer service vie whatsapp and was told it is allow. Brought my oil and went for the servicing yesterday.
SA who attend to me refuse to accept my own engine oil. After some argument with him as I was given the green light to do so. His manager allow to use my oil but with a statement indicating they wont be responsible if the engine run into any problem. Total damage $123.00 for labour and oil filter.
FOS from PML and this shall be the last they will see me.

S$123 not too bad a price for labour and oil filter.

Most of site sponsor labour start from S$50~S$60 and if include oil will range from S$150 ~S$250 (shell~OWS)

I think their stand is if you still have active warranty and free BSI, they will not allow.
Once warranty is over, they will allow even if you bring in cooking oil.
Cos anything happens, they will just quote you a repair cost.
Sad that top to bottom in such an org are not in sync with comms.

I think their stand is if you still have active warranty and free BSI, they will not allow.
Once warranty is over, they will allow even if you bring in cooking oil.
Cos anything happens, they will just quote you a repair cost.
Sad that top to bottom in such an org are not in sync with comms.

well, this is not the case. They will refuse and reject your service request whether or not your car is still under warranty.
My case is special as the customer service officer made a mistake and say it is allow and I told them off that this is not my fault and I already checked with their CS. Only then they say ok but on a condition that a statement is printed on the invoice indicated they wont be responsible for whatever problem arise from the engine

Latest update for whoever might want to do the same.
I contacted PML customer service vie whatsapp and was told it is allow. Brought my oil and went for the servicing yesterday.
SA who attend to me refuse to accept my own engine oil. After some argument with him as I was given the green light to do so. His manager allow to use my oil but with a statement indicating they wont be responsible if the engine run into any problem. Total damage $123.00 for labour and oil filter.
FOS from PML and this shall be the last they will see me.

R u still under warranty as per ^ above comment...

Castrol Edge Euro spec 0w-30 LL-01.
Think PML is just not happy with us going back just to record our low mileage using just engine oil change labour charges.
No choice, or else how to maintain the nice showrooms and support the lifestyle of the top Sime Darby executives? haha
We have to remember that the 80k+ margin they earn from each new car is a one-time gain, but maintenance cost is recurring.

Castrol Edge Euro spec 0w-30 LL-01.
Think PML is just not happy with us going back just to record our low mileage using just engine oil change labour charges.

about 5 years ago, PML already changed policy and dont allow customers to bring their own engine oil. If they allowed you to this time, then lucky for you.

that said, you are driving a car with DI. Consider switching to an LL04 oil for lower SAPS to avoid deposits. LL01 is not needed for us since we have Low sulphur gasoline and updated svc mileage intervals now.

i have switched to BIS Auto that is the agent for BMW Alpina and they are also authorised BMW service dealer. They are good for most jobs and cheaper than PML too. You can also bring your own oil after a couple of jobs done by them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet77blog1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back