FC on X5 3.0

r2ditoo

made a switch from lexus to pre-owned x5 and have a question..

I am hitting on 5.1km/L on a 2009 (2008 made) x5, 18inch 255 wheels.

Is this bad FC the normal FC to expect?

AM driving almost 100% city. Stay central, work central.

tried SPC - was bad. tried Shell 95, doesn't seem good also. Will be trying Esso 8000 and Caltex 98 soon.

Just want to hear if anyone has similar experience.

Re: FC on X5 3.0

I don't drive x5, but I know driving pattern is a big factor. City driving could either be stuck in traffic lights after traffic lights during peak hours. City driving could also mean slower, but moving traffic with very few stops. If you were stuck in peak hour traffic and getting 5.1km/L, it is honestly not bad liao.

Bro,

My wife is driving x5 2012 model. she is getting abt 9km/l. maybe is the new n55 engine and also driving pattern. BTW, i had also installed 20inch rims as well. she work in central and we stay at east.

One suggestion; we use caltex 95 for both our cars. FC is good and got power esp the moving on part.

r2ditoo;928645 said:
made a switch from lexus to pre-owned x5 and have a question..

I am hitting on 5.1km/L on a 2009 (2008 made) x5, 18inch 255 wheels.

Is this bad FC the normal FC to expect?

AM driving almost 100% city. Stay central, work central.

tried SPC - was bad. tried Shell 95, doesn't seem good also. Will be trying Esso 8000 and Caltex 98 soon.

Just want to hear if anyone has similar experience.

Thanks. I am going to try Caltex. It's the fuel that I have been using since rx8 (then is250). I noticed that its gives me the best feedback and FC for both rx8 and IS250. I think 7.5km/L should make sense. that equates to about hmmm....2.5km/L more, which essentially means a potential of 160km more per tank!

I am wondering if there's any components in the car that's causing it to be so thirsty...

CharlieTay - did you install special light rims?

Hi R2,
Cannot compare FC if different driving pattern. Must look for X5 with 100% city driving or close to it.
My 325 previously was 5.6-6km/L for 90% city driving. Not the same car but at least you are not the only one

C3P0;928862 said:
Hi R2,
Cannot compare FC if different driving pattern. Must look for X5 with 100% city driving or close to it.
My 325 previously was 5.6-6km/L for 90% city driving. Not the same car but at least you are not the only one

my pattern is >90% city driving.
I am still half tank to empty and will run in caltex.

This monster when on low gear, high rev takes in more than 20L/km. Same for you guys ?

Sorry guys - just trying to see if there's a need for me to send in for more repairs/tuning.

Looks like C3PO has reunited with his long lost friend...

pumped caltex 98. 1/4 tank done. and seems like the mileage did not improve this time. But I feel the car seems more responsive wiith caltex.

City driving with a SUV .... its expected. Try to lighten the load and manage he tyre pressure etc ......

Don't fret over fc. City driving is just plain wastage of petrol nia. Even smaller cars cannot do more than 6km/l in our type of city driving, so don't expect too much from a 2 tonner on 6 pot.

r2ditoo;931366 said:
I thought this is 2.5 tonner.. I was joking I can drive an army truck..

Far from 2.5 tonne. Probably more like 2.1 tonne with driver and a lot of petrol.

r2ditoo;928868 said:
my pattern is >90% city driving.
I am still half tank to empty and will run in caltex.

This monster when on low gear, high rev takes in more than 20L/km. Same for you guys ?

Sorry guys - just trying to see if there's a need for me to send in for more repairs/tuning.

Yes normal for the meter to behave that way when moving off. my 1.9 ton bloated car does 7.x km/l. 50% city. Should be normal for you =)

People buy a suv because of the weight and high imposing look usually? haha enjoy it now, next time drive a z4. super low and light compared to what you have now =)

FC on X5 3.0

Hmmm... I don't really like the current look of the z4.. I thought z3 looks nicer .. But that's besides the point..

Coming back to the FC of x5. I will update along the way

r2ditoo;931395 said:
Hmmm... I don't really like the current look of the z4.. I thought z3 looks nicer .. But that's besides the point..
ac323 pls take note.

Cheersssssss.

C3P0;931401 said:
ac323 pls take note.

Cheersssssss.

to each has got their own personal liking...................

Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooofless Rocks........
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88compink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back