Feedback of Velocity on 525

nasty204

Had it installed friday night , and have been running around for the whole day.

Various settings and combinations was used including the Sports Mode.

Have been using the ride for 11 months , and it is only today that it showed the true character of the 525 engine.

With Velocity setting to Map 4 and Sports Mode , it was really an accelerating experience.

BMW should have this as factory option for the E60, it gives the E60 the quickness and agility that it lacks from having a bigger and heavier body than its 3 series cousins.

Even my friend who was with me was surprise on the change, and even bettered the quickness his smaller but well tuned Mazda 3 2.L

The only problem now is - I now desire to do further performance mods.

Thumbs up for Velocity

Re: Feedback of Velocity on 525

Hi nasty204,

cool man............what's next....ECU re-flash? Header? Exhaust? GrupeeM?

happy modding........

cheers

maybe GruppeM or KW Var 2

Need to be discreet as the wifey also drives and do not want her to get a shock.

Cheers

nasty204;442748 said:
Had it installed friday night , and have been running around for the whole day.

Various settings and combinations was used including the Sports Mode.

Have been using the ride for 11 months , and it is only today that it showed the true character of the 525 engine.

With Velocity setting to Map 4 and Sports Mode , it was really an accelerating experience.

BMW should have this as factory option for the E60, it gives the E60 the quickness and agility that it lacks from having a bigger and heavier body than its 3 series cousins.

Even my friend who was with me was surprise on the change, and even bettered the quickness his smaller but well tuned Mazda 3 2.L

The only problem now is - I now desire to do further performance mods.

Thumbs up for Velocity

Thanks for the fantastic review bro!!

Thanks for coming over to my place for the install too!! Actually it's good to come over cos you can drive & test the car on the way back home.......which you ended up in Changi Airport......kekekeke

Steam eh.....car is SO ALIVE now.......

'The Great White'

nasty204;442757 said:
maybe GruppeM or KW Var 2

Need to be discreet as the wifey also drives and do not want her to get a shock.

Cheers

I suggest Hurricane replacement type airfilter will do a good job, cheap somemore!

I think it's $130~$150.

Save the $ for KW V2 Street Comfort Coilovers....then add either H&R or RDsports swaybars.....it'll be a total different car again as your handling will be so much sharper & corners so much flatter.....

Combine with Velocity Map 4, drive it in manual, downshift to 2nd gear, then take a 90degree turn, tap & you'll fly out of the corner!!!

This feeling is super steam!! Trust me, I've been doing this alot....macham like driving a truck that behaves like a Mini Cooper.....kekekeke

'The Great White'

Ok no, more poison :nehnehhh:

wilman2772;442783 said:
I suggest Hurricane replacement type airfilter will do a good job, cheap somemore!

I think it's $130~$150.

Save the $ for KW V2 Street Comfort Coilovers....then add either H&R or RDsports swaybars.....it'll be a total different car again as your handling will be so much sharper & corners so much flatter.....

Combine with Velocity Map 4, drive it in manual, downshift to 2nd gear, then take a 90degree turn, tap & you'll fly out of the corner!!!

This feeling is super steam!! Trust me, I've been doing this alot....macham like driving a truck that behaves like a Mini Cooper.....kekekeke

'The Great White'

Bro any advice? Velocity better or just reflash the stock ECU?

BMWM3;442921 said:

It will be ideal to do both! :D

BMWM3;442921 said:

Depends on how good your tuner is.

Alot of us have our ECU reflashed, but our throttle response still not fantastic.

So Velocity is still the solution.

'The Great White'

I would like to share my 10 day experience with Velocity in order to compare notes with those who have installed this..

While I will agree it adds to throttle boost blah blah, I want to highlight the "shortcomings" I discovered, but this is for my car only..or my unit..:-

1. When engine is cold, the change of gears is quite jerky even if step accelerator lightly.

2. when on the move at about 80km/hr, I tried to change from Level 2 to level 3..unit did not respond..stayed stuck at Level 2.

3. Change of level up and down buttons not very responsive, meaning, if u press once, it does not change, but when u press it alittle harder, it changes two levels instead of the next level

4. At Level 3 and 4, I noticed that the throttle boost is lost when I go at abt 120km/hr..this is the feeling from my right leg and butt feel... :)

These are my observations so far..could by just me..

MW;442939 said:
I would like to share my 10 day experience with Velocity in order to compare notes with those who have installed this..

While I will agree it adds to throttle boost blah blah, I want to highlight the "shortcomings" I discovered, but this is for my car only..or my unit..:-

1. When engine is cold, the change of gears is quite jerky even if step accelerator lightly.

2. when on the move at about 80km/hr, I tried to change from Level 2 to level 3..unit did not respond..stayed stuck at Level 2.

3. Change of level up and down buttons not very responsive, meaning, if u press once, it does not change, but when u press it alittle harder, it changes two levels instead of the next level

4. At Level 3 and 4, I noticed that the throttle boost is lost when I go at abt 120km/hr..this is the feeling from my right leg and butt feel... :)

These are my observations so far..could by just me..

Then you should sell you Velocity liao......kekekeke

'The Great White'

wilman2772;443067 said:
Then you should sell you Velocity liao......kekekeke

'The Great White'

Xiao, I am having fun with it u Picanto face

MW;443096 said:
Xiao, I am having fun with it u Picanto face

Hahahaha, so many complains, better sell lah.....

BTW, Picanto is Kenn, not me......

:goodup:

'The Great White'

wilman2772;443098 said:
Hahahaha, so many complains, better sell lah.....

BTW, Picanto is Kenn, not me......

:goodup:

'The Great White'

Its feedback, not complaint...unless velocity is a flawless product

MW;443102 said:
Its feedback, not complaint...unless velocity is a flawless product

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

'The Great White'

use velocity and drive to novena velocity... shiok

Since Velocity comes with 4 levels? Which is the best suited LEVEL for day to day driving? Also do we need to "SET to selected level" prior to move out or like changing it while the car in motion?

BMWM3;443132 said:
Since Velocity comes with 4 levels? Which is the best suited LEVEL for day to day driving? Also do we need to "SET to selected level" prior to move out or like changing it while the car in motion?

You have to say its a super product 1st...

look like a SUPER PRODUCT INDEED......when i read bros field reports.....but need to "test water" myself once i install mine.....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclub777

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back