Field Report for Servicing at PML

BaSh8181

Hi All,

Went to PML to service my car today. I intended to have my BlackVue Cams on during servicing.
When I receive my car, I realised that the Cam power was plugged out. Hence.. cannot preview what they do to my car.

Did a rear brake pad change at 30Km and also requested for transmission fluid change. Was advised to change only at 40km.
What do you think?

After I start my F10, I realised now my Aircon is not automatically on! I think it is better because with Aircon auto on, the aircon will
load the car.

Spend $800 plus on the servicing.

Overall, quite satisfied.

Re: Field Report for Servicing at PML

Positive.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers.

BaSh8181;1005005 said:
Hi All,

Went to PML to service my car today. I intended to have my BlackVue Cams on during servicing.
When I receive my car, I realised that the Cam power was plugged out. Hence.. cannot preview what they do to my car.

Did a rear brake pad change at 30Km and also requested for transmission fluid change. Was advised to change only at 40km.
What do you think?

After I start my F10, I realised now my Aircon is not automatically on! I think it is better because with Aircon auto on, the aircon will
load the car.

Spend $800 plus on the servicing.

Overall, quite satisfied.

Hi, does anybody know how to set the aircon not automatically on when starting F10 ?

benkwlau;1005046 said:
Hi, does anybody know how to set the aircon not automatically on when starting F10 ?

Switch it off before you turn off the ignition.

Meek;1005052 said:
Switch it off before you turn off the ignition.

I did switch it off before turning off the ignition. However, when starting engine next day, the air con is automatically on. Very annoying !

My car felt sluggish after my first servicing with them.

horrible;1005126 said:
My car felt sluggish after my first servicing with them.

Maybe overfilled on engine oil. Mine too.... cant wait to dump it... soon.

How to see if overfilled when there's no dipstick?
Idrive shows full, wonder if anything over still shows full.

Cant 'see'. The SC shud use appropriate amount.

I'm going in tomorrow morning to do the same stuff. But i wonder why my rear pads wear so fast since I've only done 24k in 23 months?

The Guardian;1005184 said:
I'm going in tomorrow morning to do the same stuff. But i wonder why my rear pads wear so fast since I've only done 24k in 23 months?

Maybe you have been trying to be initial-d by doing left foot braking??

benkwlau;1005064 said:
I did switch it off before turning off the ignition. However, when starting engine next day, the air con is automatically on. Very annoying !
You can code it to "off" at starting. Check with PML / MA or our site sponsors.

The Guardian;1005184 said:

I guess you use "Auto hold" all the time. If so, it is quite common to have that type of "wear"

Meek;1005170 said:
Cant 'see'. The SC shud use appropriate amount.

Can't wait to drain it during my 5k interval servicing.
Gonna ask the workshop to measure how much he drains out.

Y does the autohold cause higher wear on the rear pads?
It's activated when e car already stationary. There's no abrasion to cause additional wear.

horrible;1005456 said:
Y does the autohold cause higher wear on the rear pads?
It's activated when e car already stationary. There's no abrasion to cause additional wear.

Yes, there is no additional wear when the car is stationary, but there is some additional abrasion when you move off when the brakes are still applied with autohold. The autohold does not release the brake until your car moves forward (split second, for safety reasons).

In normal driving without autohold, you release the brake and the car moves forward. That's the difference.

Moral of the story , do not use autohold if worried pads wear out too fast. :)

Hi Bro..

I never use the Autohold function.
The only benefit is that you do not need to hold on to brake when car is
not moving. Pressing on the brake is fine with me. Hence this function is useless.

I also forgot that my SE also agree to replace my fan button when the icon is abit defaced.

I will want to request to close my boot automatically when I am inside the car.
Anybody tried that before?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet52com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back