FL ///M5 Spanks CLS63AMG On Circuit

satinGHOST|r!der

Legendary 10 Years
6sMQgpUDcTp6Es_650x.jpg

0dkwCI047QbNwU_650x.jpg

http://www.sportauto-online.de/test_..._site_number=1

From German Sport Auto.

The Mercedes CLS63 AMG had the optional Performance Package with larger brakes and wheels.

Time Hockenheim

M5: 1m 16,8 s
CLS63 AMG: 1m 18,5 s

Mercedes is unprecize and the M5 have higher entrance speed.

Base price
M5: €92 500
CLS63 AMG: €104 720

0-100 km/h
M5: 4,7 s
CLS63 AMG 4,7 s

0-200 km/h
M5: 14,3
CLS63 AMG: 15,4 s

18 m slalom
M5: 66 km/h
CLS63 AMG: 61,9 km/h

Minimal fuelcunsumption
M5: 1,34 l/ 10 km
CLS63 AMG: 1,45 l/10 km

Maximal fuelconsumption
M5: 2,14 l/10 km
CLS63 AMG: 2,28 l/10 km

Average fuelconsumption
M5: 1,64 l/ 10 km
CLS63 AM: 17,7l/10 km

Total sum of points:

BMW M5: 46
CLS63 AMG: 36

The largets difference between the points where the Slalom track, where BMW M5 got 8/10 and Mercedes 2/10. Also, despite the Performance Package upgraded brakes on the CLS63 AMG it receives 5/10 for braking 100-0 meters, as opposed to the M5 which receives 8/10. Mercedes looses points vs the M5 in categories Hockenheim, price/performance ratio and Driving fun. The only category which the BMW M5 looses to the CLS63 AMG is everydaydriving with one point, where Mercedes receives 9/10 and BMW 8/10.

Re: FL ///M5 Spanks CLS63AMG On Circuit

I've always like to asked, will those owner who bought any of this toy car for track or style/status.
If is for track, I think the above reviews makes sense in every single views.
or else, if both shown up at Ritz lobby, which will had more attention.
I wonder.:juggle:

my bet is on the 'Star'. anyone agrees?

AMG can go straight.... but ///M can turn...

AMG is like horse.... //M is like cockroach

then again...if both shows up at ritz lobby... truthfully... depends on colour

silver AMG VS Interlagos blue or indianapolid red M ..... M anyday...

black AMG with chrome rims vs stock M5..... will be the former

The battle of the large pigs

So after CLS55 AMG SC'ed, the CLS 63 still can't beat the M5.....back to the drawing board...

TripleM;271511 said:
The battle of the large pigs

So after CLS55 AMG SC'ed, the CLS 63 still can't beat the M5.....back to the drawing board...

I think the only pig that can kill the M5 is the new RS6 from Audi. Twin Turbo V10. BMWs gotta do something. Last i heard they might twin turbo the ///M. I hope that does not happen for the ///M Division has been the soul and pride of Naturally Aspirated Engines. If that happens, the M5 will kill the RS6 given the Vishnu will DEFINITELY make a piggyback or flash for that car. After all my contribution of Procede monies to him has enabled him to buy a Gallardo. :lol2: That guys rich!

acupunch;271504 said:
if both shown up at Ritz lobby, which will had more attention.
I wonder. my bet is on the 'Star'. anyone agrees?
Actually, it's the one with the loudest exhaust.. :nehnehhh:

loudest exhaust i got chance leow.

What matters is performance, not HP. rationally speaking of course.

BMW HAS been doing something. They embarked on the Dynamics program, which is basically fundamental R&D into lightening the car without the huge compromises of aluminium construction. After all aluminium has proved to be `not that much lighter when using normal construction techniques' with heavyweights like the S8 while intelligent construction using steel has proven to be `light enough' - Porsche 987, 997.

The fruits of Dynamics will only be shown in the new 7- and 5- upcoming. Possibly, not even the new 7- but greater presence in the new 5-.

BMW has lost the M5 to Audi already, for a few years. It is surely too heavy to do much more with it, and the turbocharged one if any (nobody says M cannot be turbo!) will probably be implemented on the new M5.

centurion;271518 said:
What matters is performance, not HP. rationally speaking of course.

BMW HAS been doing something. They embarked on the Dynamics program, which is basically fundamental R&D into lightening the car without the huge compromises of aluminium construction. After all aluminium has proved to be `not that much lighter when using normal construction techniques' with heavyweights like the S8 while intelligent construction using steel has proven to be `light enough' - Porsche 987, 997.

The fruits of Dynamics will only be shown in the new 7- and 5- upcoming. Possibly, not even the new 7- but greater presence in the new 5-.

BMW has lost the M5 to Audi already, for a few years. It is surely too heavy to do much more with it, and the turbocharged one if any (nobody says M cannot be turbo!) will probably be implemented on the new M5.

Not quite yet. Dont forget that BMW can always come out with an M5 CSL to address that problem without re-engineering the car. That itself can put BMW ahead in the car even compared to AUDI and MERC. As with the last e46 m3 csl which was nothing less than spectacular which gave supercars a run for its money.

elmariachi said:
Last i heard they might twin turbo the ///M.
No chance this will happen lah...............

kenntona;271524 said:
No chance this will happen lah...............

Redeveloping a completely new V10 iwith higher displacement esp is not easy and in this space of time, near to impossible. I may be wrong though. Though,the cheap and lazy is to TT it.

I seriously doubt the guys at BMW AG will destroy its M-flagship by TT it.......... that will be a disaster !!!

kenntona;271527 said:
I seriously doubt the guys at BMW AG will destroy its M-flagship by TT it.......... that will be a disaster !!!

Thats very true also but given that the life cycle of ///M engines span for 5 over years, playing with weight may not be a viable solution in the long run. Waiting for a newer V10 is only gonna take more time. TT is the most likely solution.

A twin-turbo M-engine sounds ridiculous. When is it coming?

Well there is one M5 in the US running on Twin Turbo but then that was some trial n error in some garage yard ( featured in BMW Mag )

IMO, if anything for the next Gen M5, displacement is gonna be hgiher ( still NA ) and better dynamics and pumping out 575-580bhp to address the RS6, mark my word
But then wot do i know, i sold my m3 liao.............relevant

don't forget, that FIA F1 rule changes in 1966, for 3L NA and 1.5L turbo, BMW successfully campaigned their M engine sporadically from 1966 to when turbo was banned in '89, a 1.5L iron block, to crazy stratospheric HP with a huge turbo. For 20 years people used BMW engines for F1, sporadically! In 1983 that engine actually won the world championship. And in 1987 BMW M10-based M12 and M13 engines generated at almost 4 bar turbo, 900+ HP.

This M10 engine, don't forget, is the basis of the S14 engine block used in the BMW M3 E30.

What I'm saying is that BMW's turbo legacy is substantial. M-sport was founded on Turbo. The most glorious days of BMW Sport division was during the turbo years.

There is nothing wrong with BMW having M-cars with turbo. History supports it, tech supports it (from reading Shaun's lambasting me for hating turbo), and marketing demands it.

Forced Induction , Hybrid , Lightweight cars, Diesels , MRT, Walking and Cycling are the future.
Large displacement ala AMG , SRT ....will get Green Peace and Al Gore red cards

Mockngbrd;271548 said:
there are spy shots of BMW M5s running around with what seems like a Turbo Charger, so can't rule that out yet.

Heard from someone that the new M5 M6 getting 577hp. Confirmed?

Wow, that is close to my random educated guess

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubsbs
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back