Front splitter

wt_know

interested to install cf front splitter. would like to poll your opinion

a. skip. keep the oem clean and subtle look.

b. get the splitter (looks more aero) and probably has to move on to cf/matte black grille and cf mirror cover at 2nd stage :D

currently, i can go up/down MSCP and many shopping mall underground carpark comfortably. by installing front splitter, will it change the situation ? must drive super-duper slow if not the splitter will sweep floor ?

thanks

DSC_0626_2.jpg

Re: Front splitter

Your car needs to be slammed, fully kitted and huge wheels for the splitters to look good. Else it will look like those heavily kitted Vios with small wheels.

go for it lah bro. u r on the verge of poison liao. the splitters will only pertrude out, it does not affect hight clearence as the spliiters are waffer thin. MTL!!!

i certainly don't want that Vios look ... :errrrrrr:

slammed = acceptable in my own standard 1.5 finger front / 1 finger rear
fully kitted = err nope .. i got m3 lip spoiler and acs roof spoiler
rim = 18" OEM 193M ... thinking to add wheel spacer to achieve the fender flushed :D

kenntona;472206 said:
Your car needs to be slammed, fully kitted and huge wheels for the splitters to look good. Else it will look like those heavily kitted Vios with small wheels.

You should know what I was saying..... the wheels also need to be fender flushed.....

wt_know;472203 said:
currently, i can go up/down MSCP and many shopping mall underground carpark comfortably. by installing front splitter, will it change the situation ? must drive super-duper slow if not the splitter will sweep floor ?

thanks

Not much difference. With or without splitters still must go slow :)

Usually side skirts create more problems than splitters....so no worries on the splitters.

next. i want to fix the splitter first and see whether i like it.

Azrielsc;472300 said:
Black kidney grilles next? OR are they already black...

go for the splitters. nice nice.

bro is ur ride pre or post FL? is it on mtech or oem bumper? i ask cos the splitter options r rather different for them...

im on mtech bumper with cf splitters if u want a look...

kenntona;472206 said:

I feeling very sad now

wt_know;472203 said:
interested to install cf front splitter. would like to poll your opinion

a. skip. keep the oem clean and subtle look.

b. get the splitter (looks more aero) and probably has to move on to cf/matte black grille and cf mirror cover at 2nd stage :D

thanks

Here's a couple of shots of a pair of recently-installed BMW Performance CF Splitters to whet your mod appetites.

FYI, didn't have to slow down to a snail's pace for ramps and any other splitter unfriendly obstacles.

notice the new splitters does not wrap all the way around the bumper. still looks good.

jnoelq how much u paid?

i suggest you lowered the car before adding those beautiful splitter. cos its few hundred a pop if you break it. nice choice. is that an OEM or replica?

acupunch;482621 said:
i suggest you lowered the car before adding those beautiful splitter. cos its few hundred a pop if you break it. nice choice. is that an OEM or replica?
looks OEM leh

looks is OEM la. but, i believe it is made replica because replica cf is as good as oem cf and it's 1/5 of pml cut throat price.

wt_know;482677 said:
looks is OEM la. but, i believe it is made replica because replica cf is as good as oem cf and it's 1/5 of pml cut throat price.
in that case....MAI TU LIAO! go fer it!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8823

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back