• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

FS: E39 Sachs Sporting Kit springs and shocks

Hi if it can be used for a e38 plse sms me at 97398264 also plse let me know the age, thanks.

Sachs Performance kit for e38?

I don't think it will fit on your E38.
BTW, they are still available.

diablo_728 said:
Hi if it can be used for a e38 plse sms me at 97398264 also plse let me know the age, thanks.

Hi, I am currently on stock with 18" rim. Will the suspension cause the ride to be harder and less comfort? Though I know it will certainly improve its' roadholding.

Regards,

Hi black_cat,
I too had 18" wheels on my previous 528i. I never found the ride to be harsh or uncomfortable with this set of springs and shocks. These are sports shocks, not racing shocks.
With the stock springs and shocks put back in before I sold the car, I found the ride to be much too soft and uncontrolled, almost pillowy.

Thanks 6spdman.

Two last questions - I forgot to mention that i am on staggered 18" rim. With the lowering , it it rub against the fender, during normal rider as well as over humps?

How long these springs and stocks will last and how long you have them?

Thanks, btw, my mobile is 9799.8188. How about yours?

Hi black_cat,
You've got a PM.

black_cat said:
Thanks 6spdman.

Two last questions - I forgot to mention that i am on staggered 18" rim. With the lowering , it it rub against the fender, during normal rider as well as over humps?

Hi Black Cat, I'm running on my 2nd set of Sachs. Don't worry about the feel of being too harsh, ride comfort will be acceptable. Of course compare to stock, you'll find abit noiser from the rubbers. You'll feel more grippy in terms of road handling, car will look and sit swee swee after lowering with about 11/2 fingers all round, doubt it'll rub the fender if you're on off-set. In terms of life span, it depends on driving habits. Normal driving should last abt max 2 yrs+, if you play once in awhile, should last you 11/2 - 3/4yrs. You'll be able to tell when time is up coz your ride will feel 'softer' & 'bouncier'. But if you're into taking hard/sweeping corners, tracking etc, go with PSS9 + ARB a must. Happy modding & good luck on your buy.

black_cat said:
Thanks 6spdman.

Btw, i'm running on 19'' all round. Clearing of normal humps no prob at all, but kena those mega ones, you'll need to negotiate them in the usual zig-zag manner to avoid scrapping the under carriage.

Hello AC Boy,

Thanks for the additional inputs. Very concern about ride comfort because wife and two kids usually take the back seat. With the 18", already quite noisy but like the profile of BM when it is lowered. Very chio.

Seriously considering the offer from 6spdman. Thought of getting a new set but maybe should try out a pre-owned first.

Regards,

black_cat said:
Hello AC Boy,

Thanks for the additional inputs. Very concern about ride comfort because wife and two kids usually take the back seat. With the 18", already quite noisy but like the profile of BM when it is lowered. Very chio.

Seriously considering the offer from 6spdman. Thought of getting a new set but maybe should try out a pre-owned first.

Regards,
K, let me know if you like to take a look at my set-up anytime. Cheers!

Regards,[/quote]K, let me know if you like to take a look at my set-up anytime. Cheers![/quote]

Ya take a look, yesterday we looking for you whole nite. end of OT.

:errr:

blackbmw said:
K, let me know if you like to take a look at my set-up anytime. Cheers![/quote]

Ya take a look, yesterday we looking for you whole nite. end of OT.

:errr:[/quote]Bru, paisei. Btw don't forget to check your suspension, see where the sound came from. Your new rims :drool:

Re: FS: E39 Sachs Sporting Kit springs and shocks

6spdMan said:
Complete set of lowered springs (30mm drop) and sports tuned shocks for E39 520i, 523i, 525i, 528i or 530i. Still have the original box. $500 obo.(new cost $1,500). Installation costs around $120.

Is this the sachs sport spring set?? still available?? number of mths on it?? call/msg me to deal, thanks. 97436699

FS: E39 Sachs Sporting Kit springs and shocks

Still available.

CoolBlue6699 said:
Is this the sachs sport spring set?? still available?? number of mths on it?? call/msg me to deal, thanks. 97436699

Re: FS: E39 Sachs Sporting Kit springs and shocks

6spdMan said:
Complete set of lowered springs (30mm drop) and sports tuned shocks for E39 520i, 523i, 525i, 528i or 530i. Still have the original box. $450 obo.(new cost $1,500). Installation costs around $120.
Hi, is your shocks/springs still avail? pls call me at 98587171. Thanks

black_cat said:
Thanks 6spdman.

Bro,

My staggered rims set-up ok with front passengers only. But when I take 2 more passengers at the back, I get some rubbing so I went down to Ah Lye and got my rear fenders rolled. Easy 30mins job at $50. Now peace of mind. So dun worry abt rubbing of fenders, juz get your fenders rolled. There is no harm to the chassis at all. Ah Lye has a special equipment for that job.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back