Fuel Consumption

Red_Bean_Bun

Hi All,

Anyone knows roughly the difference in fuel consumption when one runs in normal mode versus sports mode ?

Thanks.

Re: Fuel Consumption

very ambiguous qn.

definitely higher. how much higher depends alot still on how hard u wanna rev the car. i reckon if ur doing 8.5km/L u will only get 7/L in sports

Slater;490516 said:
very ambiguous qn.

definitely higher. how much higher depends alot still on how hard u wanna rev the car. i reckon if ur doing 8.5km/L u will only get 7/L in sports

Thanks. Yes, its vague :thinking: . You are thinking perhaps a 17% increase in consumption ?

Whenever I drive in Sports Mode, I try not to look at my odometer (fuel)......

tony_ong;490520 said:
Thanks. Yes, its vague :thinking: . You are thinking perhaps a 17% increase in consumption ?
there abouts maybe more.

dun worry lah bro. what is 17% increase?! full tank 63L. say u pump 98, $1.9 per L, that comes up to bout $120. saving 17% of fuel equates to 20 bucks??? plus most pumps have rebates, so prolly comes to less than $20.

ai rev mai?

just enjoy the drive

318 NewBoy;490525 said:
Whenever I drive in Sports Mode, I try not to look at my odometer (fuel)......
i look at it harder hoping that my eye power can deter the needle moving west wards.

Slater;490527 said:
i look at it harder hoping that my eye power can deter the needle moving west wards.

Tested it just now for the heck of it. Seems marginal......got a reading of 12L/100km (normal) versus (13.4/100km). About 11% for the evening.

Anyone else got drastically different readings ?

Hardly drive in Sports mode cos Normal mode already provides enough wallop. If it had been Lexus, it will probably be the reverse. Need to use Sports to have any fun.

quite substantial difference... especially if u use ur manual mode all the time

Even in sport mode, if travel on express way at a speed of 100 -120km/h, I found the consumption is lower then driving at 80km/h.

junpower;501604 said:
Even in sport mode, if travel on express way at a speed of 100 -120km/h, I found the consumption is lower then driving at 80km/h.
the optimal range is 90 to 110km/h

Driving 90% of the time on manual, getting abt 8-9km/l on the meter. Jus can't put to auto mode, I feel it's a bit sluggish when going thru 2-3-4 gears.

i am driving a yr05 523 something mux be very wrong. i pump full tank, now only travel less dan 100km the fuel tank is already used up to slight more than half liao.. whats wrong here??

Pls help...

aclester;545632 said:
i am driving a yr05 523 something mux be very wrong. i pump full tank, now only travel less dan 100km the fuel tank is already used up to slight more than half liao.. whats wrong here??

Pls help...

Don't sound right, unless you are very heavy footed or traffic really bad...how many more km to go, ie range?

range is abt 500pls km but fuel meter is already near half but only traveled ard 80km... could it be fuel tank burst and petrol leaking?

aclester;545636 said:
range is abt 500pls km but fuel meter is already near half but only traveled ard 80km... could it be fuel tank burst and petrol leaking?

maybe your fuel gauge is not accurate?

Range 500km sounds about right.

Hi any bro can help?

my e90 318i just clock about 600km and i am getting petrol comsumption at abt 8km/L. Is this normal? Although i do not expect to hit the specs of 12km/L but 8 is abit too low right? :whatthe: Any advice from the seniors here? Thanking all in advance.

That reading aint accurate. Just treat it as a gauge. Best to pump full tank, reset trip meter, drive till almost empty and see how far u have gone. Do your math with your tank capacity and u'll get a more accurrate reading.

V6ENGINE;548375 said:
Hi any bro can help?

my e90 318i just clock about 600km and i am getting petrol comsumption at abt 8km/L. Is this normal? Although i do not expect to hit the specs of 12km/L but 8 is abit too low right? :whatthe: Any advice from the seniors here? Thanking all in advance.
depends on ur driving style and road traffic. highway driving will get you more milleage as suppose to city driving. my 325i got me round about 8 to 8.5km/L. this is using distance travelled divided by full tank.

V6ENGINE;548375 said:
Hi any bro can help?

Don't be alarm with the fuel consumption. IMHO, it should be normal. As compare to 320, it has poorer pwr to weight. Weight of E90 4 potter should be around 1.5t.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor88507

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back