Fuel Consumption

Re: Fuel Consumption

DS at low speed feels terribly jerking during shifts! have to rev it up >3K to smoothen the change of gears :(

Deadkookaburra;549526 said:
DS at low speed feels terribly jerking during shifts! have to rev it up >3K to smoothen the change of gears :(
Ya, mine too. Super jerky. Hates it....

C3P0;549533 said:
Ya, mine too. Super jerky. Hates it....

robot sir,

have u tried to reset the gear change programming?

mine was the same, and PML did the resetting... after that feel much better... also rodney treated the gearbox with tlc oil and addictive :inlove:

;)

atec1267;549473 said:
buy a repair kit like airman and put inside the car, that should solve the problem of not having a spare, or u can try to install ride-on. heard that it is not too bad too.
Sorry huh, what's a ride on?

davidtch;549503 said:
As long as u r travelling on this island, there is no worry about no spare tyres. Juz get a flatbed to transport ur car loh.
Wah...flat bed...then i seow...pocket burst leh ahhahahhahha

armValkyrie;549560 said:
robot sir,

have u tried to reset the gear change programming?

mine was the same, and PML did the resetting... after that feel much better... also rodney treated the gearbox with tlc oil and addictive :inlove:

;)

Not yet, heh heh. Probably will do it soon. Waiting for 1 or 2 more items to kaboomz then consolidate and visit them.
Didn't visit them previously just to do the gear reprogamming because I really dislike visiting PML. :shakehea: I am impatient robot and really can't stand their long turnaround time and their "it's like that one" excuses.....

Rod's place is the best. Got kopi, got kakis, sometimes even got beer! :thumbsup:

V6ENGINE;549568 said:
Wah...flat bed...then i seow...pocket burst leh ahhahahhahha
Join AAS. Free tow service.

when my ride was new, and below 12k on the odo, it was averaging between 8 to 8.5km/l too...

after i hit 12k or 15k 9i can't remember) the drive got much better.. and the consumption became 9.5km/l constantly... i do about 50 / 50 city and highway...

Even with a non stop drive up north, i only managed to achieve about 14.5km/l...

Consumption for the E90, 320i is not great, but isn't that bad lah

C3P0;549588 said:
Not yet, heh heh. Probably will do it soon. Waiting for 1 or 2 more items to kaboomz then consolidate and visit them.
Didn't visit them previously just to do the gear reprogamming because I really dislike visiting PML. :shakehea: I am impatient robot and really can't stand their long turnaround time and their "it's like that one" excuses.....

Rod's place is the best. Got kopi, got kakis, sometimes even got beer! :thumbsup:

I also hate to go PML, minor minor thing also need one day, anyway the guys there charge labour by the hour i heard, so they got to place our car there and charge by the hour before they work on it to make money...pui:evil:

henry2703;549619 said:
when my ride was new, and below 12k on the odo, it was averaging between 8 to 8.5km/l too...

after i hit 12k or 15k 9i can't remember) the drive got much better.. and the consumption became 9.5km/l constantly... i do about 50 / 50 city and highway...

Even with a non stop drive up north, i only managed to achieve about 14.5km/l...

Consumption for the E90, 320i is not great, but isn't that bad lah
wow! thats a consolation for now...i will wait patiently to c if the mileage improve ...hehehehhe

I have Apr 06 E90 323i. Bought it second hand in Feb of this year with low mileage of 54,000km. Have been monitoring fuel consumption using fuel pumped divided by trip meter reading for the past 3 months. Consistently averaging about 15.5 - 17.0 L/100km or 5.9 - 6.5 km/L for largely city driving since I live around town. Can hit the lower end of this FC range when there is some highway driving thrown in, if not it is at the higher end. These figures seem very high to me. Maybe need to get it checked. Any recommended workshops to send to? Am reluctant to send to PML as they tend to be expensive.

observer7;550081 said:
I have Apr 06 E90 323i. Bought it second hand in Feb of this year with low mileage of 54,000km. Have been monitoring fuel consumption using fuel pumped divided by trip meter reading for the past 3 months. Consistently averaging about 15.5 - 17.0 L/100km or 5.9 - 6.5 km/L for largely city driving since I live around town. Can hit the lower end of this FC range when there is some highway driving thrown in, if not it is at the higher end. These figures seem very high to me. Maybe need to get it checked. Any recommended workshops to send to? Am reluctant to send to PML as they tend to be expensive.
Same figures as mine. Mine is also largely city driving. Don't really travel on highway much.

observer7;550081 said:

My car is a 523. My wife used to drive this car with 90% short trips and lots of waiting in car with engine on, FC was consistently 5km/l, no joke. After I took over the car from her, with 50/50 city and highway driving, FC 'improved' to about 7km/l, once in a while hit 8km/l when there is more highway driving. So I think your FC should be about normal if you're doing mainly city driving and heavy right foot.

Thanks guys. Good to hear that my fuel consumption is quite normal. I was comparing to the factory spec of 11.3 km/L (combined city and highway) and got a bit worried.

observer7;550133 said:
Thanks guys. Good to hear that my fuel consumption is quite normal. I was comparing to the factory spec of 11.3 km/L (combined city and highway) and got a bit worried.

bro,

juz for comparison, was driving my buddy's 523 fm bukit timah to changi, i cud achieve 14 km/l !!:yummie:

when i drove my E90 ..... best i cud control is 10 km/l :furious:

so dun worry too much... u hv one of the best 6IL engine under the hood... use it!! :cloud9:

observer7;550133 said:

dun take the factory specs at face value..that includes hp as well..maybe weather is one of the detrimental factors?

HI Bros,

i was chatting with my friends who are driving bm of different series ( 3,5 and 7) and they all commented that i should drive a new car hard in order to get better mileage later. Any comments on this funny theory?:confused:

V6ENGINE;550306 said:
HI Bros,

i was chatting with my friends who are driving bm of different series ( 3,5 and 7) and they all commented that i should drive a new car hard in order to get better mileage later. Any comments on this funny theory?:confused:
hav heard ofthat theory b4, but it is to gain maximum performance potential from the car later on, not so much of better fuel consumption.

2 schools of thought. some say run in ur car gently, some say whack hard when car is new

Slater;550366 said:
hav heard ofthat theory b4, but it is to gain maximum performance potential from the car later on, not so much of better fuel consumption.

2 schools of thought. some say run in ur car gently, some say whack hard when car is new
Wah Bro Salter,

you really guru....i drive so many years also dun know what u know ....hai me so jia lut.... anyway another question:

how is it possible to increase the torque for a faster pick up? ( pls kindly advise on products / ways that are kinder to my pocket...i not so rich to mob everything as i just gotten my car ...abt 3 weeks now i think) hehehehehe kam sia....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor8832

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back