Fuel Consumption

I've had my 320 for 2 months now and I have been monitoring the fuel consumption. After 3,000km, the consumption was 7.6km per litre. I re-set and after another 300km, the consumption was 8.3km per litre. Is this normal? What is the experience of you guys?

Re: Fuel Consumption

I am heavy footed and gets around 9.0km per litre and mine is a 316 (E36). Figures here for your comparison. Hope other bro driving a similar model as your could provide some hints later. Cheers.

P.S. Do you happened to be into reef ecology research work? your name sounds familiar.

Christopher Chua;148633 said:
I've had my 320 for 2 months now and I have been monitoring the fuel consumption. After 3,000km, the consumption was 7.6km per litre. I re-set and after another 300km, the consumption was 8.3km per litre. Is this normal? What is the experience of you guys?
I have been driving my 320i (E90) for only 2 weeks, the best I am getting is 9.8-9.9Km/l. I've just change my stock 16" wheels to 18", I have yet to notice any big difference.

Hi Guys n Gals,

Reading on the trip computer registers consumption at the time the engine is started, consumption will vary from road condition, quick acellerating, heavy braking, various driving behaviors, passengers and load.

Best way to monitor consumption is to see the full tank of 63 ltrs clock in km in your daily routine.

Cheers

my mileage averages 9.6 to 9.8 km/l. my ride E90 is 2 months old and original. didnt change anything.

shit! my e36 320 doing abt 7+km/l leh..think i whack damn hard la...

I don't think my foot is light, but did 11km/l for my e36 316im with a broquet installed. :)

Hi All,

I'm getting 8.2-8.5km/L for my E36 318i, but consumption seems to get higher since i overhaul the engine change my camshaft and cylinder.....i know that initial drive after the change will be kindda rough, just wonder if overhauling the engine is the cause for higher consumption...

Jin Teck.. I envy your FC figures.. I get 11km only on the NS highway...bletz....

Chewy .. After market cams are usually rough when idling but hee hee.. they are fun. maybe you may need to observe the run in procedures since you got new "cyclinder".. or was that pistons??

2 months might be too short to measure consumption... try one quater, then half yearly... you will be amazed that they should be around the same number after a while... besides, your car is new, so it needs to run-in first too...

Christopher Chua;148633 said:

Hi Bro..

My consumption was pretty good for my E90. 11l/100 Km. Thats on my previous 16 inch.
Now i have yet to know cos just change to 18.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back