Golf Tee Mod

RaidenGear

Hey guys,

I heard the "Golf Tee" mod can increase low RPM rumble. Anyone here done this before?

Care to share experience? :shakemyb:

Re: Golf Tee Mod

RaidenGear;592589 said:
Hey guys,

I heard the "Golf Tee" mod can increase low RPM rumble. Anyone here done this before?

Hi Les,

go try and keep us update better.........

cheers

RaidenGear;592589 said:
Hey guys,

i'm on golf tee mod...on cold start up in morning, it seems twice as loud...

go for it...since it can be reversed so easily...

leebmer;592602 said:

Hi Sean,

Alright, sounds goood..........can DIY for my ride?

* Topless Night Drive 20 Nov meeting place Kallang Leisure car park, 10pm to 10.30pm
cheers

I have done the golf tee mod for a few months. Cold start is Shiok. Other than that, there is a slight increase in exhaust note up to approximate 4k RPM.

It is a 3min DIY. Some might find that it drones just a little.

leebmer;592602 said:

Please enlighten us :p

I've seen vids on 335i cars doing it by just removing a plug and i've seen some going under their cars to cable tie some wire coming from an actuator. I'm confused.

apologies as i not expert at all...mine is done by technician...maybe can ask ur workshop for assistance...

i think got two ways to do it...one is by unplugging the connector found at truck near the rear lighting section...second way is by using a clip to squeeze the tube near the exhaust section...both methods will make the flap in the left exhaust open at all times...

leebmer;592670 said:
apologies as i not expert at all...mine is done by technician...maybe can ask ur workshop for assistance...

i think got two ways to do it...one is by unplugging the connector found at truck near the rear lighting section...second way is by using a clip to squeeze the tube near the exhaust section...both methods will make the flap in the left exhaust open at all times...
hmm, are u running on stock exhaust?

From what i am reading from other sites, it's just a mod to keep the valve in the muffler section of the exhaust from closing, thus leaving it in the open position for the loudest sound.

Idk if this will work for aftermarket exhausts thou :(

RaidenGear;592678 said:
hmm, are u running on stock exhaust?

From what i am reading from other sites, it's just a mod to keep the valve in the muffler section of the exhaust from closing, thus leaving it in the open position for the loudest sound.

Idk if this will work for aftermarket exhausts thou :(

Hi Les,

yes his is stock......

cheers

Hi, I did it some time back on my stock 135i exos. There is a cable the attaches to a black cylinder on the stock box. Simply unplug that and make a kink on the cable and zip tie it to throttle the airflow.. Easy peasy japanesey.

Best free mod.

For 335 dual exhaust, when you look at the passenger side muffler, there is an actuator that controls a flap in the muffler. There is a rubber hose attached to a nozzle on the actuator . Disconnect that rubber hose from the actuator and seal the open end of the hose with either a golf tee or ball bearing. Thereafter, secure the hose down somewhere and you would have completed the "Golf Tee" mod. Unplugging the electric connector in the trunk also deactivates the actuator but this method supposedly leaves a soft error code in the ECU as there is a break in the electrical signal.

The same is done for most aftermarket exhaust systems as those do not come with any flaps in the muffler.

Last edited by a moderator:

chooml;592736 said:
Hi, I did it some time back on my stock 135i exos. There is a cable the attaches to a black cylinder on the stock box. Simply unplug that and make a kink on the cable and zip tie it to throttle the airflow.. Easy peasy japanesey.

Best free mod.
Hmm, so i guess this mod applies to those who have stock exos which have those flappy valves in it?

RaidenGear;592792 said:
Hmm, so i guess this mod applies to those who have stock exos which have those flappy valves in it?

I suppose so. I think the valve is air actuated. My guess is, it's always in the open state until air is pumped in which closes the valve. By removing the cable and covering it, it keeps the pressure up to avoid an error on the comp. Easily reversible.

You'll hear a bassier startup sound which settles down after 30 secs on cold start.

Good luck!

chooml;592864 said:
I suppose so. I think the valve is air actuated. My guess is, it's always in the open state until air is pumped in which closes the valve. By removing the cable and covering it, it keeps the pressure up to avoid an error on the comp. Easily reversible.

You'll hear a bassier startup sound which settles down after 30 secs on cold start.

Good luck!
Yeap. +1 to explanation.

Guess it's a cheap (or not free) way to make the stock exhaust sound to it's full potential.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet77blog1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back