Good Engine Oil and Additive for M42ers!

futron.sim

I think I have found a good combination of oil and additive for the engine.

Amsoil signature 0W30 and liquimoly ceratec oil additive.

I was experimenting with using thinner engine oils to boost efficiency and some power at the same time. But I know old engines isn't exactly suitable, thus I decide to try out additives to improve protection. Tried several additives but nothing work (scout autobacs, mcwell etc and tried almost everything).

then finally saw this liquimoly ceratec additive. Its a micro ceramic additive thats supposed to coat your cylinder walls etc with ceramic to reduce friction. It does make the engine runs smoother, revs faster and quieter than before. Good stuff but on the expensive side. $72.80 at autobacs. This will help offset the thinner oil and reduce blow-bys.

Btw, I would avoid redline engine oils (tried 10W30 and 10W40). I am not sure if this applies to all 318is but mine hates it. I can feel the engine is having more vibration and noise. Very obvious, so bad that I literally change it out after just around 1000KM.

Re: Good Engine Oil and Additive for M42ers!

Hi, I'm new here but i had change into ROAR Lubricant, is very quiet after the oil change and performance is there too, just sharing my experinence, cheers!

Leslie-Venus said:
Hi, I'm new here but i had change into ROAR Lubricant, is very quiet after the oil change and performance is there too, just sharing my experinence, cheers!
Leslie Velge, is that you?

Yes kenntona, haha you very sharp, will arrange for you this week for the oil change, so call me when you free ya, cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back