Goodyear F1 GSD3

TripleM

Legendary 10 Years
DJ, sounds like it's good value for money..
I'm having some problems getting tyres for car too. Limited choices basically..So far only SO3 and PS1 . PS2 is coming but dunno when.

If I were u, I wouldnt mind trying out that GoodYr F1..Good performance tyres, superb wet-traction due to the thread design and i suppose it's reasonably comfortable too. Not sure bout the thread life thou.

Just my thots

"I am thinking of choosing Goodyear's F1 GSD3 tyres at $350 each since the tyres receive very positive feedback on Tire Rack"

DJ, pls be aware that this tires is being tested in North America, the end result might not be as good in our region due to humidity n temp diff.

DJ,

I believe F1 GS-D3 are Made in Germany, and is developed mainly for Autobahn style driving.

Have frens using this tyres and their overall feedback is very good indeed.. performance may be a slight notch lower than usual suspects like PS1&2, S-03, Pzero (can I add in AD07?? Luv 'em) but Tyre Wear and Comfort is supposed to be much better. And price is good too!

Hi RB,..
Track day was great..obviously an eye opening experience for me. Managed to stay in control ( that means I wasnt fast enough or my driving skills were naturally good?? ) hahahhahaahhaa...

Anyway, I enjoyed it very much so did the rest of the people I would think. The car performed great and it's now breathing much better after high revving hehehe....

My car is still virgin thou coz I didnt take off the DSC, only did S5.
Next time will try S6 :thumbsup:
I exceeded my speed limiter on NS which I hadnt got it removed....ssshhh...

Will get ready for photos posting..watch out yah..
Cheers

JacK

Re: Goodyear F1 GSD3

sybron said:
Has anyone got any experience in using these Goodyear tyres? Feedback is greatly appreciated.

hi DJ. firstly, congrats on your new ride! :)

i've these tires on my E30 and i must say they're good value for money. i thk baracudex's remarks summed it all up. in terms of absolutely grip, a notch or perhaps two below the usual suspects, but they're more comfortable and quieter. :)

baracudax said:
DJ,

I believe F1 GS-D3 are Made in Germany, and is developed mainly for Autobahn style driving.

Have frens using this tyres and their overall feedback is very good indeed.. performance may be a slight notch lower than usual suspects like PS1&2, S-03, Pzero (can I add in AD07?? Luv 'em) but Tyre Wear and Comfort is supposed to be much better. And price is good too!

Thanks Edwin and Kim Leng. :)

I think I am going to go for these Goodyear F1 GSD3 tyres liao. It will cost $350 compared to $520 for Michelin PS2 tyres, $420 for Bridgestone SO3, $420 for Pirelli Rosso.

The only thing is that these Goodyear tyres can only be rotated from front to back (and not criss-crossed) as they are uni-directional.

Since my W211 will be driven as a family car most of the time, the comfort and quiteness from the tyres will be good. Cheers!

Dj, where are u buying your tyres from? how come PS2 cost $520 for 18 inch?

jack, just saw your posting in the other thread. so you interested to go for 24/7 sepang? many of us going!!

Hi RB
I can't commit on the next track day yet. My tyres are getting botak and my new order wont come that soon (bit unique specs so not easily available )...Will keep you posted ok bro ? :)

actually for your fronts, you may try 225/40-18 instead of the rare 225/45-18. the diff is very little, it'll be much cheaper and more readily available. if u feel like you really like this tracking thing, do consider getting a set of PS cup. then you dont have to worry about your regular street tyre wear.

i have a set of track rims and i realise it's taken a lot of worry off my back. the only shit thing is to cart all 4 rims in my boot and back seats to the tyre shop for a change since they dont let me store them there.

RB

It was Hurry Tyres that quoted me a pre-bargaining price of $520 for the PS2 tyres in 245/40/18 size. For the more common 225/40/18 Michelin PS2 tyres, I believe it is cheaper at $420. Quite a lot of difference huh? even though both tyres are 18 inches.

Actually, the E55 comes with double-spoke AMG Type IV rims which are staggered 18x8 and 18x9 using 265/35/18 and 245/40/18 tyres, respectively. I thought that I better not use a staggered set up since I cannot rotate the tyres and 265/35/18 tyres are going to be even more rare and therefore expensive.

Just for info.... 225/45R18 Continental CSCII is available in this size.....but its for M3...so is it going to be actually thichker in tyre width??? Maybe similar to 245mm??

But which shop to find them?

BBeep said:
Just for info.... 225/45R18 Continental CSCII is available in this size.....but its for M3...so is it going to be actually thichker in tyre width??? Maybe similar to 245mm??

But which shop to find them?

Are u sure bout that size for CSCII? I did some search and found no such size for M3. There is however, a special CSC for M3 which was factory fitted in some batches.

had on the eagle for about 1 mth while waiting for my so3(again size matters), actually they are not too bad and definately quiet. I did not manage to push the car with the tires because it was an old set and the side wall is bulging. Am interested to hear from your review. I need to change out my tires, am also thinking either back to so3, eagle or ps2. :)

sybron said:
baracudax said:
DJ,

Thanks Edwin and Kim Leng. :)

I think I am going to go for these Goodyear F1 GSD3 tyres liao. It will cost $350 compared to $520 for Michelin PS2 tyres, $420 for Bridgestone SO3, $420 for Pirelli Rosso.

The only thing is that these Goodyear tyres can only be rotated from front to back (and not criss-crossed) as they are uni-directional.

Since my W211 will be driven as a family car most of the time, the comfort and quiteness from the tyres will be good. Cheers!

My Lord

In due course, I certainly will give some feedback on the Goodyear F1 GSD3 tyres. Actually, I quite like the "V" thread pattern on the tyres - quite "garang" I must say! Since I am more of a "looks" person than a "performance" person when it comes to modding, the "garang" looks is quite agreeable with me. :)

How? Want to join our AMG club? Even though you don't have the AMG bodykit on your CLK, I give you special dispensation for membership, since you got twin pipes and your ride looks "garang" enough for our club.

Are u sure bout that size for CSCII? I did some search and found no such size for M3. There is however, a special CSC for M3 which was factory fitted in some batches.

sori sori.....made a mistake, u are right, 225/45R18 only available in CSC for M3. Not CSCII though.......eyes must have crossed while scanning thru the brochure. Haha..

Hi sybron,
I have to replace my 245/40-18's pretty soon as well. Have you already bought your set?
Where do you shop for your tyres? Do you when the Michelin PS2's will be available?

where did you get your eagel fi?...do you know if they have these sizes;

225/40/18
255/35/18

sybron said:
My Lord

In due course, I certainly will give some feedback on the Goodyear F1 GSD3 tyres. Actually, I quite like the "V" thread pattern on the tyres - quite "garang" I must say! Since I am more of a "looks" person than a "performance" person when it comes to modding, the "garang" looks is quite agreeable with me. :)

How? Want to join our AMG club? Even though you don't have the AMG bodykit on your CLK, I give you special dispensation for membership, since you got twin pipes and your ride looks "garang" enough for our club.

TripleM said:
Hi RB
I can't commit on the next track day yet. My tyres are getting botak and my new order wont come that soon (bit unique specs so not easily available )...Will keep you posted ok bro ? :)

But that's the time u should go track !! new tyre on track quite siong ah... :thumbsup:

So Shawn, the 24/7 is TCC track izit ?

For the Goodyear F1 GSD3 tyres, I am going to Hock Tyre at 15 Kallang Way 3 (tel 6746 6686). Better be quick because I heard that stock is limited and there is a waiting list liao.

For Michelin PS2 tyres, you can try South East Tyres, Leong Seng or Hurry Tyres. But I heard that now also no stock.

It seems like all the high performance tyres are snapped up rather quickly by trackies from this and other forums.

6spdMan said:
Hi sybron,
I have to replace my 245/40-18's pretty soon as well. Have you already bought your set?
Where do you shop for your tyres? Do you when the Michelin PS2's will be available?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back