Got problem syncing contacts into E60 via bluetooth

Merlin_sg

:helpp!:
Hi, just got my E60 last week and I have been trying several times to synchonise my Nokia N97 contacts into the OBC via bluetooth, but everytime, it paired, its only for audio and no contacts were ported over :(

Anyone has a solution to resolve this? I called the SE and not much help from there....the manual also does not have any portion about syncing of contacts....

Re: Got problem syncing contacts into E60 via bluetooth

Hi,

I'm using an iPhone and Nokia E51. I have no problem having contacts synchronised via the bluetooth. Depending on the number of contacts you have on your phone, it might take about 1 min or so to have all contacts sent over to the iDrive. Did you sent to "automatic connection" on your phone? May be you will need to wait a couple of minutes before making any call or access the phone book on iDrive...

I only have 1 issue so far. As my Nokia is set to lock automatically, iDrive will not dial out from my Nokia phone when it is locked. But no problem when it is unlocked. As for my iPhone, so far no issue.

Hope this helps

PS.How's your ride?Got mine in Jun 09.

Thanks! Will go and try it again later....Any setting I should take note of on the Nokia phone?

Ride wise, definitely the ultimate driving machine...Used to drive a E36, Jap, lexus and korean cars...nothing really come close to the 5. Right now into my 140km mileage and FC wise, with all the urban start-stop and non-run in state, I can't really complain. But on the ECP, it's really a different story :) Really please with the ride....

my idrive is sensitive to the type of phone - must be the software. for example my old nokia synced no problem but my new nokia seems to have limited functionality and most of the time i need to dial directly from the handset and can only answer/disconnect calls using the steering wheel controls

kuvesh;494123 said:
my idrive is sensitive to the type of phone - must be the software. for example my old nokia synced no problem but my new nokia seems to have limited functionality and most of the time i need to dial directly from the handset and can only answer/disconnect calls using the steering wheel controls

Yeah..That's what I am afraid of :( nevertheless, will give it a try again...if worse case, then wait for Starhub and M1 iPhone launch, then do a trade in...haha...

Bro... chk if your contacts r all in your phone not SIM, iDrive only import phone contacts. happened for my blackberry. so transfer all your contact to your phone and try re-pairing again.Should work

Tried twice just now, but still not able to sync my contacts in N97 to the OBC....frustrating....I got a feeling its due to the N97 itself.....Tried a friend's E71 and it sync perfectly.....Anyone has this experience before and has a solution? Thanks....

Here is a long shot ..
You said paired for Audio only? Maybe focus on that... try to switch off the audio pairing function on your N97.
Btw .. what does XL mean at the end of your 525i XL?
Any difference with other 5 Series?

Hi,

Does anyone know whether I need a software update for an MY04 E60? I do not seem to be able to find the bluetooth function on the idrive. Hence, I was not able to pair it with my phone.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back