GPS Holder For E90 (No Drilling & No Suction on Windscreen)

aerobic

Hi everyone,

recently I just installed a GPS holder no drilling required and also no suction cup on windscreen. Position right in the middle does not block aircon vent.

Am very happy with it.. :)

Enclose are pics..

Warning to all.. if you don't want a permanent mark from the GPS suction on your windscreen (if you have an anti-glare installed), then don't use the GPS suction thingy on your windscreen.

I just learnt the hard way that those marks may be permanent.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: GPS Holder For E90 (No Drilling & No Suction on Windscreen)

vey nice. even the leather wrapping around the holder looks classy. how much is it?

Cool, thanks for sharing.BMW-SG wan shui.

nice is it customised for BMW only? other cars have? share lobang leh..thanks

wah! nice! I also want to get. Where did you get it from and how much? Share more pls

I'm interested too... appreciate it if you could let us know more please.

Hi all,
since I have received quite a few PMs on this.. thought the best would be to give my response here so that I don't have to respond to all of them individually.
1. The leather wrap mounting I got from Kuda, below is the link (Cost US$56.10 without shipping).. sorry I don't know the shipping price to S'pore as I got a friend who was visiting the US to carry back for me.. but you can use VPost.. understand that price is reasonable.. since there are quite a few of you interested you may want to consolidate for better pricing.
KUDA mount and holder BMW - 3 (E90/E91/E92/93) (since 2006)

2. You will also need the GPS adaptor/mount thinggy which you need to screw on to the base to support your GPS.
This will depend on your individual GPS device.. mine is a Garmin and Kuda also sells this.. but it expensive, I think about US$29.50,
(The original plastic version I got from Eastgear is OUT OF STOCK, and they say they are not not bringing it in again.. so I guess you will have to get the mount
from Kuda, unless someone can find a cheaper alternative).

3. Mounting it.. I went to this great place price very reasonable.. and friendly staff.. but you can go anywhere if you know of reliable folks who does car radio,
accessories installation.. The place I went to is Driver Corner : 18, Lim Tua Tow Rd, Tel : 6382-0604. Look for Yen..

Price a little tricky.. as I purchase the GPS from them.. and had a windscreen installation initially and then when I got the mount I went back again for a re-
wiring, so my price and the price for a brand new installation (especially if you did not purchase the GPS from them) would be different.. so I leave you to
negotiate with them on the pricing..

By the way, you will have to pay for the extra extension of the power cable as the power source of the E90 is right in the middle of the car and you have to pull
an extension so that the power cable of the GPS can connect to it..

Advise is get an extension with 2 outputs, just in case in the future when you have another device (eg. Traffic alert system which will provide you details of
traffic situation on the road) you can use the 2nd output.

Hope this answers your question.. let me know if you have more questions.. will be glad to help if I can..

Good luck with your modification..
Cheers.

aerobic, thanks for sharing this lobang. In fact, I saw this sometime ago but lost that info. I will most certainly consider this mount just for mounting my iPhone when I play music. This is the nicest mount I have seen and fits the non-iDrive dash perfectly.

I'm interested in joining a group buy.

- delete -

C3P0;506201 said:
- delete -

what did u delete?

pengful;505549 said:
I will most certainly consider this mount just for mounting my iPhone when I play music. This is the nicest mount I have seen and fits the non-iDrive dash perfectly.

hitmee;506245 said:
what did u delete?

No la, initially I had wanted to ask pengful "can the mount be used for iPhone? I thought it is only for GPS only...".
The I realised that it is just a rubber holder (see photo below). We can then attach a separate holder for GPS or iPhone to it. ....I think so, I may be wrong.

684.jpg

Yes the mount just provide a place 4 u to drill n attach any holder

aerobic;506311 said:
Yes the mount just provide a place 4 u to drill n attach any holder

Yep, hold your girlfriend/ boyfriend photo also can...:)

Guys, can you remove the "sexy eyes"? I get shivers looking at them looking at me...

Hi all, just thought I share another thing I did.. I got myself a cover for the GPS so that its not in direct sun when I park the car.. see enclose pics.

Regards

aerobic;507556 said:
Hi all, just thought I share another thing I did.. I got myself a cover for the GPS so that its not in direct sun when I park the car.. see enclose pics.

Regards
think u forgot to attach the pics.

Pics on the first thread, sorry couldn't find the attach pic icon

ok. haha. dam cute man the little bag. does it come in an asortment of colours to match interior?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb66ist
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back