GPS Power source

Re: GPS Power source

hi yapster,
go to autobacs and get a charger that bends 90degrees. pretty affordable about $10 - $20.
a word of warning though, do plug the device into the socket of your car charger to MAKE SURE that your device IS charging.

had to change mine, as the contact points of the 12V in BM's are different from the jap cars. hope this helps.

My stupid Garmin Nuvi 200W always cant detect the satellite.
Any bros out there encounter this also?

Usually when my 250W has problems detecting satellite, I would turn it off and on again (still slow!).

JuzMe;334502 said:
Usually when my 250W has problems detecting satellite, I would turn it off and on again (still slow!).

I can turn it on and off for 20 times and the blardy thing still wont detect the satelite.
Its really getting on my nerves...
Is the shark fin the only way i can rectify this?

Herman;334512 said:
I can turn it on and off for 20 times and the blardy thing still wont detect the satelite.
Its really getting on my nerves...
Is the shark fin the only way i can rectify this?

err then it beats e purpose of getting a nuvi right...

the nuvi can lock on even when not placed on the dashboard...

only reason i can think of is the vkool...but then again i got vkool on my other cars as well...took abit longer to lock on but no prob...

call the dealer about it?

hemran, i have BMW oem gps, no sharkfin, i never have issues

I reckon what spoopster said is correct

OT:

i do not have no sharkfin, no gps, no spend money...

guess the old road directory is still better...

no offence phil, but u still can't find the HK cafe in tiong bahru despite having gps!

ok phil, we admit, it's imaginary... kekeke...

we actually meet somewhere else...

Argh.
Think im gonna go back to that stupid shop.

i know why...

herman's car too fast...

satellite cannot catch up - by the time the sat-nav begins to try to lock-on, herman's car is long gone...

jinooi;334744 said:
i know why...

herman's car too fast...

satellite cannot catch up - by the time the sat-nav begins to try to lock-on, herman's car is long gone...

hmm...*rubs chin*...true true...

-_-"

Satellite cant be detected even when the car is at full stop la!!
Even when i hold that blardy nuvi and stand under the hot sun with no trees or tall buildings around me, SATELLITE STILL CANT BE DETECTED...

ARGHHHH.... Vomit blood...

Herman, try this. It worked for me when I was having trouble getting a signal here

Click where to
then near
then change your location
to a different city and press ok

Thinking of getting a gps at next week pc show.

No idea how much pml charge for the gps if were to install on idrive. Better for a standalone or on idrive?

if standalone, my cigarette hole is behind the centre console. bit funny to pull a wire right?

anyone has any recommendations?

If $$$ is not a problem, get iDrive. Looks part of the car. If you end up getting standalone, just charge the unit at home and use it without power cord while driving.

just to check if it's possible to tap the power like the IU does? would it require some major console removal for that kind of work?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500aeminfo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back