"Great Advice!"

KT4488

Scenario 2: A vehicle tailgates you closely but you are unable to move out of the lane

First thing, you can actually do intermittent braking. Intermittent braking means depressing of the brake pedals and releasing. Do it intermittently but not literally go and brake. So you are doing this, you are actually flashing the brake lights. It's an indication...to warn the tailgater that he's moving too close.

What kind of advice... enraged the tailgater only....

Re: "Great Advice!"

Honestly, the best way in my opinion, put hazard light, get out of car, open bonnet and boots, and go to the side and take a puff. (Make sure dont wait in car! Dangerous!)

Wah... Song ah... See him struggle out of his spot.
After that, catch up with him, wide down window and clap your hands, and say "hor bo?"

"Great Advice!"

KT4488;1031011 said:
Scenario 2: A vehicle tailgates you closely but you are unable to move out of the lane

First thing, you can actually do intermittent braking. Intermittent braking means depressing of the brake pedals and releasing. Do it intermittently but not literally go and brake. So you are doing this, you are actually flashing the brake lights. It's an indication...to warn the tailgater that he's moving too close.

One yellow citycab vrn 605 just did a different version a while ago. Cut into my lane without signaling, worse still use engine brake when he is done cutting. Being the immature and insensible member of this forum, I gave him a one-finger salute, told myself he must have had a hard day without the privilege of Sheer Driving Pleasure and let the bugger off.

KT4488;1031011 said:

What I actually did to tailgater who pissed me off.........

I let the ride slow down gradually using engine brake only, down to about 50kmph (tailgater still following closely), then to 20kmph and then hazard light came on.... only then tailgater decides to filter to overtake, as tailgater came alongside my ride... pedal to the metal I go till speed limit, cruise and waited for tailgater, this time he keep a distance of 2 cars.

He got the message.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baby1M;1031033 said:
What I actually did to tailgater who pissed me off.........

I let the ride slow down gradually using engine brake only, down to about 50kmph (tailgater still following closely), then to 20kmph and then hazard light came on.... only then tailgater decides to filter to overtake, as tailgater came alongside my ride... pedal to the metal I go till speed limit, cruise and waited for tailgater, this time he keep a distance of 2 cars.

He got the message.
Do that to me if no cars in front of you, I'll return in kind..:naughty:

seanskye;1031018 said:
One yellow citycab vrn 605 just did a different version a while ago. Cut into my lane without signaling, worse still use engine brake when he is done cutting. Being the immature and insensible member of this forum, I gave him a one-finger salute, told myself he must have had a hard day without the privilege of Sheer Driving Pleasure and let the bugger off.
U r too nice. I would have toot him until my anger subsides.

I dun have this problem. My 18" stock rims/tyres kicks stones. :D

Sorry to my frens who tried to follow me from behind.

Most of the time I ignore the tailgaters ....... I do have a habit keeping a safe distance from the car in front and would brake immediately to maintain the distance because I am a safe driver.

JES;1031054 said:
Do that to me if no cars in front of you, I'll return in kind..:naughty:
Well too bad for tailgaters if they got right lane to overtake and they don't, obviously something not right... after awhile I WILL play the 'breakdown' game. I m not stupid not to know if the rear ride can or cannot return in kind too. Get e hint? Bottomline, "know thy enemy" :naughty:

For persistant tailgaters, they will eat some pebbles and smoke too.

Also majority of the rides more powerful than mine dont tailgate - from my own daily commuting observation :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Bean_Bun;1031064 said:
Most of the time I ignore the tailgaters ....... I do have a habit keeping a safe distance from the car in front and would brake immediately to maintain the distance because I am a safe driver.
I also keep a safe distance when tailgaters appears, I will give way if I could, if I am unable bcos of traffic, I give it a little more gap too.

Some of the replies appeared to endorse road-hogging. I hope this is not the spirit.

Thread starter's post did not assume space or no space in front. The assumption is that you "are unable to move out of the lane."

If you are on the first lane (right most), ask if you have been roadhogging. If there is a car in front with little space, simply ignore the tailgater. But if you leave 5-10 car lengths between yourself and the car in front, and you are pissed with the tailgater, you need to evaluate your road ethics as well.

If you are not on the first lane, and you sensed that the tailgater can filter right to overtake you but choose not to, you can do anything you want. Assuming you are adhering to road ethics too.....

what pisses me off is that a lot of people think that driving on the outermost right lane within the speed limit isn't considered road hogging. bullshit! the outermost right lane is for overtaking. so please give way, if you can, to those vehicles coming behind that are faster than you. they may be speeding but that ain't for you to judge or decide. it's just basic road ethics to give way to faster moving vehicles when you are travelling on the outermost right lane.

Whenever i see Benji Ben in my rear view mirror, I will give way immediately......

whenver toto see my car, i think he will also give way. because i driving angry bird, and he dont like.

C3P0;1031154 said:
Whenever i see Benji Ben in my rear view mirror, I will give way immediately......

that is very kind of you. but my lao pok chia top speed is 70km\h nia. i always travel on the middle lane. chairman teach one.

benji ben said:
that is very kind of you. but my lao pok chia top speed is 70km\h nia. i always travel on the middle lane. chairman teach one.

Dun bluff !!!

I know what you did last summer !!!

meatypie;1031160 said:
whenver toto see my car, i think he will also give way. because i driving angry bird, and he dont like.

actually I hv toned down a lot....im too tired most days to get angry on our roads.
I will drive at cruise control pace...in middle lanes...or left lane n watch my petrol consumption just to occupy my minds. simple pisssing off...I try n count trees...

But when I really kenna from people who do xtremely stupid things...and I think its too much then I just go 100% ballistic. not 90%. I just go xtreme immediately.

I hv made 6 cars spun or crashed into tunnel walls thru25 yrs of driving.. gone to police station 3x. see TP 5x cos some idiots file complains...fought 3x. threw stones too many times...got the other car to wind down window....then I spat into them...too many times. tail someone home at one point.

but that's all in the past. after my father died...I try v hard to b like him. patient...n calm. well most times I succeed....sometimes I don't...but I keep trying. so far no big inccidents involving mata or stomp. that's an achievement !

totoseow;1031193 said:
actually I hv toned down a lot....im too tired most days to get angry on our roads.
I will drive at cruise control pace...in middle lanes...or left lane n watch my petrol consumption just to occupy my minds. simple pisssing off...I try n count trees...

But when I really kenna from people who do xtremely stupid things...and I think its too much then I just go 100% ballistic. not 90%. I just go xtreme immediately.

I hv made 6 cars spun or crashed into tunnel walls thru25 yrs of driving.. gone to police station 3x. see TP 5x cos some idiots file complains...fought 3x. threw stones too many times...got the other car to wind down window....then I spat into them...too many times. tail someone home at one point.

but that's all in the past. after my father died...I try v hard to b like him. patient...n calm. well most times I succeed....sometimes I don't...but I keep trying. so far no big inccidents involving mata or stomp. that's an achievement !

So proud of you.

Anyway, I always believe in paying it forward. Just give way, chill... You do it enough, one day, someone will do it for you.

totoseow;1031193 said:

when I see toto rushing to futsal games on wed evenings I will give way.... dun wanna kena from him....

irrelevant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back