• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Green Plus Fuel Catalyst

yendor

Hi Guys, i am re-starting this thread to bring Greenplus to you guys. There are other forums that are also talking about it. Basically, it is a fuel catalyst that breaks down the long fuel hydrocarbon chains into smaller bits that enables fuel to burn much more rapidly and evenly. This stuff is added into your fuel tank and interacts with your fuel and hence is not a 1 off treatment. It is brought to your by UM2 and was marketed during the Euro Import Nights show earlier.

Right now, i have about 10 bottles with me and they are retailing for $36 per bottle of 250ml. CP has agreed to keep the 10% discount going for the BM forum guys so the price is $32 per bottle. As the mixing amount is 25ml per 40L of petrol, a bottle treats 400L of fuel.

What you get is a torquier pull throughout the rev range and less emmissions to boot. As the burn is more even, there is less combustion deposits and sometimes, dirty valves and carbon fouled chambers are cleaned in the process.

I personally have been using the damn thing for the last 1 year and am hooked on the stuff. It does not improve the octane rating of the fuel but just improves the burn speed of the fuel. The product aims to increase the efficiency of the engine by maximising the extraction of power through hotter & faster combustion. I am just hooked on the increased power and driveability of the engine.

More details are available at Welcome to Green Plus

Let me know if you wanna try or wanna buy.

Cheers

Yendor

Re: Green Plus Fuel Catalyst

(1) Kenntona - 3 bottles

before you buy, and no offence to yendor, check this out:

BioFriendly and Green Plus: A Critical Look

In doing some research, at least this claim I attest to:

Googlebombing attempt: BioFriendly has created a bunch of link farm sites, all cross-linked together, in a clumsy attempt to raise their search engine ranking and crowd out critical information. Here are some of the bogus domains: Biofriendly Corporation, Green plus Fuel additive, Biofriendly Responds to Internet Accusations, Biofriendly Corporation's Additive, Biofriendly Green plus Fuel additive, Biofriendly Corporation's Combustion Catalyst Green Plus, Green Plus Combustion Catalyst, Information Regarding Biofriendly, Biofriendly Corporation, and our favorite, Biofriendly Corporation and Green Plus Helping the Environment.

This is a SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION exercise, and very well done one too. I had to use advanced techniques to get the critical look website. A normal google search was so filled with fluff.

Not sure what exactly is your point, but this is what Rodney has explained to me before:

Biofriendly Green Plus Science Explained
Biofriendly Green Plus Fuel Catalyst Explained

Perhaps one of your point is.........?

Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Local News: TV#

"But industry experts are beginning to question the credibility of those claims—claims made about a product that News 8 tests show to be 99.5 percent isopropyl alcohol, not unlike the rubbing alcohol sold at your neighborhood drug store. "Isopropyl alcohol is a very small hydrocarbon molecule, and I have never heard of it being used as a fuel additive," said Ray Paggi, an expert who works for one of Biofriendly's competitors."

there are many many many websites saying that Green Plus is great. but this is a search engine optimization exercise.

What is fact is that this Green Plus is largely isopropyl alcohol, or ... tape head cleaner. That tape head cleaner is S$3 a bottle and even then we're getting whacked from the cost of S$0.30 per bottle, where S$0.25 is the cost of the plastic bottle.

Of course, Green Plus may work. You gotta make that judgment with all info available to you.

and I posted a site with the resources to hear `the other side' and to critically look at this product instead of listening to marketing talk.

Plus I'm not qualified to understand whether what the diagrams say is correct. Neither can you. That's when we try to look for expert advice.

Scientologists often preach science to a lay crowd without the benefit of a critical eye. Looks like the same technique here. Yes, I've visited Scientologist meetings before, and got thrown out by `bouncers'.

Kenn... don't think that I'm posting this to play with you. Furthest from that. I'm posting this as an appeal for critical appraisal and a rational view.

Just to highlight one basic fact; if it causes faster combustion it will in fact "lower" the octane rating.... High compression engines used by BMW usually require higher octane fuel in order to avoid pre-ingnition also called knocking. Even burning depends on the the way air enters the cylinder as well as the injection mechanism... it is unlikely that any additive will improve the burning characteristic of the fuel. It might definitely help to clean the valves or injectors due to detergent actions.. which over a period of time should give you a percieved improvement in the running charateristic. I doubt it will have much impact on a newer car with relatively clean valves injectors to start with...

just my two cents worth of technical stuff...:)

Faster combustion = lower octane rating - how did you figure that one out? I don't know whether it's right or wrong, but what's the reasoning behind that statement?

higher octance rating highlights fuels ability to avoid combustiondue higher temp/pressure casued by compression. Lower the octance number the easier it is for the fuel to ignite sometimes even without presence of a spark due to pressure/temprature in the chamber.

quoting liberally from the wiki here: Octane rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Octane rating has no direct impact on the deflagration (burn) of the air/fuel mixture in the combustion chamber. Conversely it seem sthat deflagration has nothing to do with octane rating also. Green Plus CLAIMS better burn.

What octane rating is, is resistance to auto-ignition. Means that it requires greater activation energy. Green Plus does not claim to have any impact on activation energy, therefore, it doesn't claim any change to octane.

I found it hard to type the first few paragraphs because I thought I was giving Green Plus too much credit. The main thing - does it work as it claims? I can't even comment on that without looking at independent tests. The explanation provided by the website - is utterly unhelpful if an expert does not comment on that.

Hmmm, it seems like there is controversial claims on this Green Plus thingy.

Yes Centurion, Isopranol Alcohol (IPA) is used as the filler in the catalyst. I cannot say what the heck is in there cos i am not a scientist nor a lab technician. But lets analyse the claims a statement at a time "Its just 99.5% alcohol"

Alcohol as a octane booster is rather great. At about 120+ RON, if i can remember, in large amounts would help raise the octane rating of fuel. Rather like the Ethanol that some drag racers use. But in a ratio of 25ml to 40L I hardly can calculate the octane increment. Perhaps i should try pouring in rubbing alcohol in my tank to try it out?

As for the marketing, you are right. With the internet growing at popular rates, fake data is easy to create and "replies" easy to come by. I did not realise that there were so much sites. Anyway, the replies to those claims came from competitors. So, to each their own.

My beliefs are rather simple. I have been using the catalyst for a year now. Bought 6 bottles last time and i just ran out about 2 months ago. Car felt damn lethargic and slow on pick up. Friends drove the car and still said it felt good compared to their own cars. Bought a couple of bottles just 2 weeks ago and started to use it again. I am a believer cos the car woke up again.

Now for some dollars and cents. CP from UM2 has shifted workshops and thus his customer base has always been small, very small. How does he survive? Well from last year, he has been promoting Green+ to factories in Vietnam, Cambodia and Indonesia that run power generators. The initial experiements were funded by UM2. And right now they are buying Green+ by the drum monthly cos they consume 5-7% less fuel. When you run the maths and they consume about 500,000L per month, the $5k for Green+ saves them a heck of a lot more compared to the potential fuel costs.

If you like, i could dig up some cylinder pressure graphs that CP made with regards to the catalyst but that is besides the point cos there will be other accusations of rigging and foul play.

If you guys like, i could get CP to sponsor some Green+ for trial and you be the judge for yourselves. A butt dyno should give you a reasonable answer. Let me know. I just need you guys to meet up and bring a small air tight bottle. On the house.

This time, i cannot use physics to explain how Green+ works like the previous time i explained why Volker Plugs give better performance. I just love the feeling in my butt.

By the way, i am not in this for the money, cos i dun even get peanuts. I just love cars. Please do not get it wrong that i am starting a word fest here. I too am a skeptic for snake oil and miracle cures. If science cannot explain it then it is probably fake. This time i just cannot fathom the science.

Should have studied chemistry last time.... ha ha..

Cheers guys.
Yendor/Rodney

ps: Let me know if you are keen on a sample. I go suggest to CP. Maybe can do a BMW.SG Decal thingy like Class 95?

centurion;271196 said:
quoting liberally from the wiki here: Octane rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Octane rating has no direct impact on the deflagration (burn) of the air/fuel mixture in the combustion chamber. Conversely it seem sthat deflagration has nothing to do with octane rating also. Green Plus CLAIMS better burn.

What octane rating is, is resistance to auto-ignition. Means that it requires greater activation energy. Green Plus does not claim to have any impact on activation energy, therefore, it doesn't claim any change to octane.

I found it hard to type the first few paragraphs because I thought I was giving Green Plus too much credit. The main thing - does it work as it claims? I can't even comment on that without looking at independent tests. The explanation provided by the website - is utterly unhelpful if an expert does not comment on that.

You are quite right in saying that octane rating is not equals to burn rates. Its just the understanding of the science behind the product. Sometimes the science goes beyond personal knowledge.

I do not know what i don't know... if i did, i should be in a better paying job.... ha ha...

Hi Collin, did not recieve your PM.

Guys, CP has agreed to sponsor 500ml of Green+ to those who wanna try. Pls reply if you are keen and we can meetup at Kallang Macs this Fri evening. Bring along an air tight bottle or come with a full tank of fuel. PM me pls

Anyway i've got some stocks with me already...

cheers

Am I subjected to the sponsorship, given that I have tried it on two cars - NA and FI - and can attest to better "butt-feel" of pull and power?

Kentonna... for you only...

Yendor, what else do you sell? And do you have a shop?

no shop..just helping UM2 out.

Sometimes i also help to provide other car related services too.

PM me if you want to know more.

yendor;271780 said:
Hi Collin, did not recieve your PM.

Guys, CP has agreed to sponsor 500ml of Green+ to those who wanna try. Pls reply if you are keen and we can meetup at Kallang Macs this Fri evening. Bring along an air tight bottle or come with a full tank of fuel. PM me pls

Anyway i've got some stocks with me already...

cheers
PM Liao La. Please post or PM me if you did not receive, Cheers

rodney rocks. f430 also he can mod!

but I think cayman cannot.. Damn high tech.

see you soon rod. Love this stuff. F430 driver loves it too. Hope he buys his own and doesn't steal mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vatlieumoi
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back