hello and need advice on F10

yiewvn

Hi Everyone,
Was happily driving Lexus GS until I saw the new F10 and now I think I've caught the BMW bug. Been faithfully following and scouring the forums for more info but now I need advice direct from the horses' mouths :D

Comparing the 535 from PI and PML, the difference can be up to 40-50K (depending on options), so am really tempted to go via PI route. However, am worried about warranty and maintenance esp. for a newly released continental car, new engines, etc. Is there any cause for concern? Many Thanks!

Re: hello and need advice on F10

PML spec is very high. more so then the UK specs. add in all the missing specs and see if the price diff is really that much.

drop the unnecessary specs .... there is another thread mentioning why pay for something that is not really useful for you

yiewvn;526914 said:
Hi Everyone,
Was happily driving Lexus GS until I saw the new F10 and now I think I've caught the BMW bug. Been faithfully following and scouring the forums for more info but now I need advice direct from the horses' mouths :D

Comparing the 535 from PI and PML, the difference can be up to 40-50K (depending on options), so am really tempted to go via PI route. However, am worried about warranty and maintenance esp. for a newly released continental car, new engines, etc. Is there any cause for concern? Many Thanks!

Hi yiewvn,

do a comparison first then decide (if the difference in spec & pricing is not alot then go with PML better)........and also depend on who can give you the car first (Lol)

cheers

Thanks for all the feedback. But has your experience with PIs generally good, in terms of servicing? Can their workshops and personnel handle these newer cars even though some PI mentioned that they have the special equipment and tools.

do a comparison first then decide (if the difference in spec & pricing is not alot then go with PML better)........and also depend on who can give you the car first (Lol)

Understand that and PML specs is definitely higher, but thought that PML specs are standard i.e. you can't really drop those items you don't want....is this not correct?

yiewvn;526950 said:
Thanks for all the feedback. But has your experience with PIs generally good, in terms of servicing? Can their workshops and personnel handle these newer cars even though some PI mentioned that they have the special equipment and tools.

Understand that and PML specs is definitely higher, but thought that PML specs are standard i.e. you can't really drop those items you don't want....is this not correct?
yes u cant. it comes as it is. maybe chose the 523 non highline version. 15k cheaper

yiewvn;526950 said:

For me i choose PML because higher spec and they are able to deliver the car much faster than PI and i got no time to entertain and keep chasing when the car will be arriving..............just pay and collect both my ride on the dot that PML promise (no question ask) swee swee.................

cheers

ac323;526959 said:
for me i choose pml because higher spec and they are able to deliver the car much faster than pi and i got no time to entertain and keep chasing when the car will be arriving..............just pay and collect both my ride on the dot that pml promise (no question ask) swee swee.................

Cheers
totally subscribed!

Hello. Firstly welcome to bmw-sg.

to me, ur statement below says it all.....
yiewvn;526914 said:
However, am worried about warranty and maintenance esp. for a newly released continental car, new engines, etc. !
If u r worried , then perhaps PI route is not for you. Many people before us have bot from PI with absolutely no problem. Will yours be the same? Who knows.... Is the "worry" worh 40-50K? only u can answert that. cheers.

Edit: u drive GS worry or not? car can accelerate by itself. kekekekeke kidding

Last edited by a moderator:

yes u cant. it comes as it is. maybe chose the 523 non highline version. 15k cheaper
I understand 523 is 2.5l and not 3.0L, haven't received the performance specs yet but after driving GS with 245BHP, don't wanna go slower leh....

I was actually hoping to see the specs for 528 but was told by PML that they only brought in 523 and 535 only. No idea when for 528....that model could be a good balance between power and $$.

Many people before us have bot from PI with absolutely no problem. Will yours be the same? Who knows.... Is the "worry" worh 40-50K? only u can answert that.
Is there like a favorite BMW PI? Can share with me some names of reputable BMW PIs? I can then do some homework checking them out.

Edit: u drive GS worry or not? car can accelerate by itself. kekekekeke kidding
:furious: - guess i deserve that:laughlik:

Well, there are many workshops out there that have more competent mechanics that PML's. Plus, these workshops require high 'turnover' which means less waiting time for you. In the four years that I have had my car, it has only ever returned to PML's service dept once (the rest of the time are warranty claims such as a blemish on the emblem of the airbag - which they replaced twice, FOC). The rest of the time, it has been the outside workshops that have serviced and modified my car. So far, no problems. Some of the workshops even have the same of newer equipment than PML.

However, if there's a case of recall or warranty claim, then its a different story - maybe someone else can share their experience.

yiewvn;527008 said:
I understand 523 is 2.5l and not 3.0L, haven't received the performance specs yet but after driving GS with 245BHP, don't wanna go slower leh....

I was actually hoping to see the specs for 528 but was told by PML that they only brought in 523 and 535 only. No idea when for 528....that model could be a good balance between power and $$.

Is there like a favorite BMW PI? Can share with me some names of reputable BMW PIs? I can then do some homework checking them out.

:furious: - guess i deserve that:laughlik:
was tld they wun bring in 528 as it is hard to position and price it. th 528 will prob go at 250k which is very close to the 535. if ur going for 528 NA, i suggest u jump straight to the 5351 FI

ac323;526925 said:
Hi yiewvn,

cheers
i did a comparison too recently for the E92, in fact, the diff is really only about 10k and that's with a few features less when compared with PML's. And I've not compared the OMV yet so the final price may not be that significant.

gadgets;527049 said:
i did a comparison too recently for the E92, in fact, the diff is really only about 10k and that's with a few features less when compared with PML's. And I've not compared the OMV yet so the final price may not be that significant.

PI OMV should be slightly lower abit (but not really a lot)...................anyway already spend so much so just pay abit more for a piece of mind.................(just my opinion) and also when you are upgrading your ride next round it is also easier to sell ....................buy low sell low buy high sell high (i think)

vroom vroom
cheers

ac323;527058 said:
PI OMV should be slightly lower abit (but not really a lot)...................anyway already spend so much so just pay abit more for a piece of mind.................(just my opinion) and also when you are upgrading your ride next round it is also easier to sell ....................buy low sell low buy high sell high (i think)

vroom vroom
cheers
agree on the bit of peace of mind, but not the bit on resale. my E90 resale sucks, or maybe there is a little too many on the roads, wonder if the E92 is any better.

any E92 bros, can comment on your resale?

TheNew7;527016 said:
Well, there are many workshops out there that have more competent mechanics that PML's. Plus, these workshops require high 'turnover' which means less waiting time for you. In the four years that I have had my car, it has only ever returned to PML's service dept once (the rest of the time are warranty claims such as a blemish on the emblem of the airbag - which they replaced twice, FOC). The rest of the time, it has been the outside workshops that have serviced and modified my car. So far, no problems. Some of the workshops even have the same of newer equipment than PML.

However, if there's a case of recall or warranty claim, then its a different story - maybe someone else can share their experience.

Good to know that you're having a good experience, did u get yours from PI then? Care to share which PIs that I should chk out?

Slater;527020 said:
was tld they wun bring in 528 as it is hard to position and price it. th 528 will prob go at 250k which is very close to the 535. if ur going for 528 NA, i suggest u jump straight to the 5351 FI
Agree that it makes sense to go 535 (or not at all) if they priced 528 at 250+. I'm hoping (perhaps foolishly) that the 528 will come in around the 220-230 region since 523 is at 180+. Got chance or not?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868org
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back