Hello everyone. My 1st post...& i signed up waaay back on 8-8-2005!

0_Kewl

Hi! Yup. First post. Didn't realise its been this long so i guess this is a wee bit overdue.

Don't drive a Bimmer but my dad's had a couple (323, 325, 525). On occassion, i've had the privilege to drive some BeeEms for 'work' purposes. Attended the BMW Driving School at PG some years back. Dream of owning an M3 (any M3) at some point.

Anyways, the main reason i'm popping my posting cherry is really to invite anyone whose keen to pop by this weekend. Michelin is conducting a Tyre Safety Check over at SPC Bukit Merah between 10am and 5pm this Saturday & Sunday, 10 & 11 July.

I don't work for Michelin but i do work for the Singapore Distributor, Chin Seng Hin, and we're helping out during this campaign. I'll be there Saturday morning to help set up & take some pics and will be present all of Sunday. So do drop by and say hi.

It'll be the first of four such weekends. The subsequent locations will be SPC Upper East Coast, SPC Hougang & SPC Punggol.

It's free to all and you don't have to be on Michelin tyres. What we'll do is check your tyres' tread depths & pressures and give you an assessment on the general condition of your tyres and provide advice if necessary.

We did this campaign in 2008 and found that 71% of vehicles did not have the correct inflation pressure.

There's a goodie bag as a thank you for letting us check your tyres but that shouldn't be the only reason for you to come down. Freebies include a pressure gauge, tread depth gauge, stickers, a keychain, a bunch of stickers & decals, etc.

For those with Facebook accounts, check out my 'White Circles' page for more info. or you can always surf over to www.michelin.com.sg

5%20Detail-Promotion_W529.gif

Other than the plug for the event above, i'd be happy to consult on tyres in general if anyone is interested. I'm also involved in training for Borneo Motors, Porsche Club Singapore, Renault, etc. from time to time. Would be happy to do one for BMW.SG too. I'm a banker by training, ex-auditor by profession, and now full-time tyre man! Life is certainly full of interesting twists. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hello everyone. My 1st post...& i signed up waaay back on 8-8-2005!

Wow....took you 5 years to break your silence!!! From an auditor to a tyre man. Interesting indeed!!! I was from audit too.... PW, before it became PWC.

OK since you offered, I am gonna ask a question and put u in a spot. Goodyear F1 Assym... inherent cracking issue. True or myth?? Hahaha... u needn't answer if u do not wish too.

Cheers and I will try to make it this Sunday!

longhorn;557047 said:
Wow....took you 5 years to break your silence!!! From an auditor to a tyre man. Interesting indeed!!! I was from audit too.... PW, before it became PWC.

OK since you offered, I am gonna ask a question and put u in a spot. Goodyear F1 Assym... inherent cracking issue. True or myth?? Hahaha... u needn't answer if u do not wish too.

Cheers and I will try to make it this Sunday!

Hi! I was from C&L before it became the C in PwC. hahaha. Left in '07.

As far as the F1 Asym's go...well, i don't have any inside knowledge so i can't really comment with any authority. (ex-audit habits die hard, ie. disclaimers galore!) ...but i suppose the proof is in the pudding. Its certainly interesting how 'they' are handling the situation though. Certainly raises my eyebrows.

Its certainly an unfortunate situation for GY & their partners. Thankfully its not my problem. haha.

Wow..unbelievable....your dad must have own Chin Seng Hin now back to become towkay kia... most important got huge discount on Michelin tyres during the campaign?? When will the campaign schedule for SPC East Coast?

Hi Kewl,

welcome in..

cheers

0_Kewl;557043 said:
Hi! Yup. First post. Didn't realise its been this long so i guess this is a wee bit overdue.

Don't drive a Bimmer but my dad's had a couple (323, 325, 525). On occassion, i've had the privilege to drive some BeeEms for 'work' purposes. Attended the BMW Driving School at PG some years back. Dream of owning an M3 (any M3) at some point.

Anyways, the main reason i'm popping my posting cherry is really to invite anyone whose keen to pop by this weekend. Michelin is conducting a Tyre Safety Check over at SPC Bukit Merah between 10am and 5pm this Saturday & Sunday, 10 & 11 July.

I don't work for Michelin but i do work for the Singapore Distributor, Chin Seng Hin, and we're helping out during this campaign. I'll be there Saturday morning to help set up & take some pics and will be present all of Sunday. So do drop by and say hi.

It'll be the first of four such weekends. The subsequent locations will be SPC Upper East Coast, SPC Hougang & SPC Punggol.

It's free to all and you don't have to be on Michelin tyres. What we'll do is check your tyres' tread depths & pressures and give you an assessment on the general condition of your tyres and provide advice if necessary.

We did this campaign in 2008 and found that 71% of vehicles did not have the correct inflation pressure.

There's a goodie bag as a thank you for letting us check your tyres but that shouldn't be the only reason for you to come down. Freebies include a pressure gauge, tread depth gauge, stickers, a keychain, a bunch of stickers & decals, etc.

For those with Facebook accounts, check out my 'White Circles' page for more info. or you can always surf over to www.michelin.com.sg

5%20Detail-Promotion_W529.gif

Other than the plug for the event above, i'd be happy to consult on tyres in general if anyone is interested. I'm also involved in training for Borneo Motors, Porsche Club Singapore, Renault, etc. from time to time. Would be happy to do one for BMW.SG too. I'm a banker by training, ex-auditor by profession, and now full-time tyre man! Life is certainly full of interesting twists. :)

zorro;557058 said:
Wow..unbelievable....your dad must have own Chin Seng Hin now back to become towkay kia... most important got huge discount on Michelin tyres during the campaign?? When will the campaign schedule for SPC East Coast?

We're not there to sell tyres. Sure there's Michelin branding but sorry, no special sales surrounding this event. I like to think of it as community service of the automotive kind.

We'll be at SPC Upper East Coast on 31 July & 1 August.

Thanks for updating on such event.... Interesting O_kewl.

Anyone interested in dropping by?

Ok.... Let's make a list of participants:

Venue: Jalan Bukit Timah SPC
10 July (Sat)
1. Wolf73

11 July (Sun)

wolf73;557228 said:
Ok.... Let's make a list of participants:

Venue: Jalan Bukit Timah SPC
10 July (Sat)
1. Wolf73

11 July (Sun)

Hi fellas,

Just to note...its SPC Bukit Merah, not Bukit Timah. ;)

Also, i would advise against a convoy turning up since we're limited by the number of bays at the petrol pumps (8 bays at the petrol pumps) and designated tyre inspection bays (2 car bay).

Much appreciated. BTW, its a rain or shine event...since the petrol pumps are shaded :) Looking forward to seeing some BMW.SG guys there this weekend.

How do we recognise you?

longhorn;557303 said:
How do we recognise you?

There'll be about 12 to 13 of us (in 2 person teams) on Saturday & Sunday. Any of the teams will be able to perform the check for you.

I'll be there briefly Saturday morning to ensure everything is set up as well as to take some photos but my 'shift' is Sunday.

Name's Douglas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back