Help! My air intake suck in oil!

Viper Warrior

I think I have oiled too much on my KNN and my air intake have suck in the oil! Anyone can advice me what will happen to my engine and should I do now? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Help! My air intake suck in oil!

i think the engine might ki xiao abit but since its in small qty, i dun think it will have much effect. just take out the filter n wash it lo. won't die one lah. dun worry.

wah ...... I sound like a idiot now ..... when I open the intake, there is a pool of oil under the box leh..... xiao liao lah .....

dismantle the box n dump the oil lo.
by the way, its sound like a whote load of oil man, next time if u wanna oil, maybe just oil once like u would oil the chicken wing for bbq. goes easy on it

if anything, the engine should be OK.. but the mass air flow sensor might be done for!
dunno what model is your ride... typically they are either hot wire or thin film type... the presence of oil can mess up the accuracy of the sensor as such the air intake will be inconsistent. Do you notice your rpm hesitation across the range?

i think what zag means in simple terms is do u have irratic engine idling, where the engine ki siao a bit (rpm needle jumping around) or even die off. just describe to us whether your ride feel any different after this oiling incident. if u are still not comfortable, can always pop by a workshop (preferably with bmw diagnostic tools) to test out your ride. spend some money for a peace of mind

I'm driving the E39, so far no irractic engine idling and no rpm needle jumping around. However, engine seems to be slightly noisier and I can feel that the car is not as responsive as before (like a bit of lag) when I step on the accelerator. So is it due to the air flow sensor ki xiao liao?

Viper Warrior;200025 said:
I'm driving the E39, so far no irractic engine idling and no rpm needle jumping around. However, engine seems to be slightly noisier and I can feel that the car is not as responsive as before (like a bit of lag) when I step on the accelerator. So is it due to the air flow sensor ki xiao liao?

sounds ok to me.....when was your last servicing by the way?

Only got it service in Feb 07. Maybe I will just pop by a workshop that has BMW diagnostic tool for a diagnos, especially the MAF and see any problem. Thank you all for the good advice!

well, maybe u could drop a quart of marvel mystery oil into the engine. got mine from autobacs, the engine seemed smoother after that and responsive. abt 58 bucks if i remembered correctly

Viper Warrior;200025 said:

that sounds like hesitation to me (not so responsive)...
are you still keeping the K&N filter or you reverted to the OEM paper type now? might want to do that till you are sure the oil is not messing up the sensor.

zag;200045 said:
that sounds like hesitation to me (not so responsive)...
are you still keeping the K&N filter or you reverted to the OEM paper type now? might want to do that till you are sure the oil is not messing up the sensor.

Still using the K&N, thought the oil should be in the normal zone by now. If there are anymore additional oil from the filter, should have already gotten suck in and too late to do anything ...... Well, if you recommending to change to the OEM filter to see the sensor is ok, I think too late liao.

what has happenend has happened lo, so no use losing sleep over it.
dun worry yourself out endlessly thinking abt it.
i dun think your maf sensor got any serious prob anyway.

In any case it should be fine.

You oil too much, put in the filter, overnight the excess just dripped onto the base of the airbox. If you MAF is farked, it shld idle poorly and drive poorly as well.

Your crankcase has a recirculating pipe back into the throttlebody. The fumes serves to lubricate your intake valves. All stock cars have this. So even if the filter oil gets into the engine, its ok.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88tvnet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back