Hi new E36 owner

Loupisk

Hi the crew,

I just got an E36 4 door.

It is in nice shape but the interior is a bit worn out. The side door panels are bad. It seems to be a regular sickness of these cars.

I saw that there were a few places like carbi and 8 cushion to go and refurbish the interior.

I am also considering a second hand interior. do you know where I could go to have a second hand one?

thanks for you help in advance !

Re: Hi new E36 owner

You can go to Propel and look for Bro Milk.

I might be going there this Sat. so you can pm me your HP on time to meet.

Hi Bro,

welcome in.................

cheers

Thanks ! Propel seems like a good option !

Thank for the offer but this WE I am moving house ! :roll:

Will hv to delay a bit.

I wrote a few Insurance companies and they decline offering me a quote for a 1993 car. Gosh !

Any suggestion about a company.

Tried China Insurance !

jin teck;448693 said:

jin teck;448693 said:

Sat, u come find me zho simi???? Buy me lunch si bo??? :D :D

Bro Milk, ya lor to buy you brunch.

you can try AXA

Loupisk;448703 said:
Thanks ! Propel seems like a good option !

Thank for the offer but this WE I am moving house ! :roll:

Will hv to delay a bit.

I wrote a few Insurance companies and they decline offering me a quote for a 1993 car. Gosh !

Any suggestion about a company.

Tried China Insurance !

Hey buddy,

Welcome on board

Hope you enjoy it here as much as your ride. Enjoy you mod, I m sure it will be fun.

Insurance you can try First Capital.

Sori, cant give advice on where you can do up ur interior, pai seh.

Anyway, enjoy... but remember have a great n safe ride

Cheers

Brother, take it from a half-senior E36 owner, focus on engine and maintaince first. Interior you can screw i for now. You can have it beautiful inside but when the engine gives you shit it wont matter at all how comfy you are inside.

I learnt this from the seniors + hard earned paid lessons. So take my advice. Focus on a well running engine first. Assuming you did not buy from a enthuist owner, you're gonna be spending alot on fixing things in the next half year. So be prepared.

Loupisk;448673 said:
Hi the crew,

I just got an E36 4 door.

It is in nice shape but the interior is a bit worn out. The side door panels are bad. It seems to be a regular sickness of these cars.

I saw that there were a few places like carbi and 8 cushion to go and refurbish the interior.

I am also considering a second hand interior. do you know where I could go to have a second hand one?

thanks for you help in advance !

Welcome in Loupisk.
Enjoy your ride!

And do heed the advice from Uncle SC_IS :laughlik:

SC_IS;448837 said:
Brother, take it from a half-senior E36 owner, focus on engine and maintaince first. Interior you can screw i for now. You can have it beautiful inside but when the engine gives you shit it wont matter at all how comfy you are inside.

I learnt this from the seniors + hard earned paid lessons. So take my advice. Focus on a well running engine first. Assuming you did not buy from a enthuist owner, you're gonna be spending alot on fixing things in the next half year. So be prepared.

Yup ! You are absolutely right ! thks for putting priorities in good order.

First thing that will be done will be suspension and brakes. Safety first. Then engine maintenance.

Actually the car runs well. I test drive it and it is fine. Of course, things will appear here and there as time goes by.

I do not intend to mod it really. I just want to make it look and feel good. that is all really.

An old but well maintained car that has the look of a new. :yikess:

SC_IS;448837 said:

Thks bro !

This is a very nice community here!

Nice to be welcomed in such a warm way !

I may mod a few things but not too much. A pair of alloy wheel and an new sterring wheel would do.....maybe a pair of angel eyes. That would make my heart happy.:yummie:

kim_pioneer;448835 said:
Hey buddy,

Welcome on board

Hope you enjoy it here as much as your ride. Enjoy you mod, I m sure it will be fun.

Insurance you can try First Capital.

Sori, cant give advice on where you can do up ur interior, pai seh.

Anyway, enjoy... but remember have a great n safe ride

Cheers

SC_IS;448837 said:
Interior you can screw i for now. You can have it beautiful inside but when the engine gives you shit it wont matter at all how comfy you are inside.

It also won't matter if you got a damn good engine but when u sit inside it feels like shit....... It's like cycling a bicycle w/o a bicycle seat..... (but if you are robot then it's ok.... becoz he like to be poke...) :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Well,one cannot go without the other. If you drive a superb engine, you will indeed miss the superb interior. :thinking:

But I will i any case focus on the engine and mechanical parts.

But knowing that it will not be easy to find a second hand interior, I am asking already now. If by chance I find one, I'll snatch it. :juggle:

milk15;448890 said:
It also won't matter if you got a damn good engine but when u sit inside it feels like shit....... It's like cycling a bicycle w/o a bicycle seat..... (but if you are robot then it's ok.... becoz he like to be poke...) :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Except for the sagging door panels, the rest of the interior can wait...focus on engine and chasis maintenance/mods.

Imagine whenever close door cannot pull the door handle cause whole door panel will pop out, must wind down window and pull the door frame to close...that's what happened to me.

I love the E36 timeless design..always get looks of disbelief when I tell people (non-enthusiast) it's a 15 year old car. But when they get into the car, they know I'm telling the truth..my interior cannot make it!

There's a period when the left signal lights of my e36 wasn't working. On 1 occasion, I need to filter to leftmost lane from rightmost lane on highway. Ask my passenger to wind down her windown and help me hand signal.

Then realise her window also cannot open. Classic.

This is the exact case of my car. It looks great on the outside but the interior needs TLC.

I think 8 cushion will become my best friend in the coming months.

I agree on the timeless design. I remember when the car came out in the 90's, I fell in love with it. Today, I have the opportunity to buy one cheap cheap as a second car. So, my teeth grew longer and the big bad wolf in me woke up. :ultrasho:

I just had to have it.

marklee;448897 said:
Except for the sagging door panels, the rest of the interior can wait...focus on engine and chasis maintenance/mods.

Imagine whenever close door cannot pull the door handle cause whole door panel will pop out, must wind down window and pull the door frame to close...that's what happened to me.

I love the E36 timeless design..always get looks of disbelief when I tell people (non-enthusiast) it's a 15 year old car. But when they get into the car, they know I'm telling the truth..my interior cannot make it!

:lol2:

Yeah seems that electrics are not really that good on the E36. When I went to view the car the headlight switch was completly mad. When you switch the lights on, it was flickering like a Xmas tree. :lol2:

But it has been repaired. :yummie:

C3P0;448902 said:
There's a period when the left signal lights of my e36 wasn't working. On 1 occasion, I need to filter to leftmost lane from rightmost lane on highway. Ask my passenger to wind down her windown and help me hand signal.

Then realise her window also cannot open. Classic.

Well what model did you get brother?

Post a picture and share. We are organizing a e36 outing soon. stay tuned. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33win108

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back