HID Standard for e90?

spursburger

Hi... I bought my e90 about 1.5 months ago. Was told by the salesperson that the headlights are HID and I have to pay extra for Xenon. I decided to save the money. To my surprise, I went to a mechanic today, he told me that my e90 has only normal lights and not HID. Which is true?

Re: HID Standard for e90?

HID and Xenon are the same thing. My friend got conned by his salesperson too..... But he bought a Honda Accord.....

spursburger said:
Hi... I bought my e90 about 1.5 months ago. Was told by the salesperson that the headlights are HID and I have to pay extra for Xenon. I decided to save the money. To my surprise, I went to a mechanic today, he told me that my e90 has only normal lights and not HID. Which is true?

Your salesperson must be a newbie!! HID is High Intensity Discharge almost the same as Xenons.

U got conned!! :lol2:

'The Great White'

how can we tell the difference between hid, halogen n xenon (unless they are the same as hid)? i know 4 hid we should look out 4 a "gap" between the wires in the bulb.. (i think)

hid_headlamps.MainPar.0003.Image.gif

i feel so upset... sigh.... this was one of the things that i considered when i was choosing between the IS250 and the e90. But I am not regreting though... the prestige of IS250 can't beat a BMW! The problem with Beemers... after owning japanese cars all my life... is the cost of doing up the car! Everything cheap voids the warranty, everything original burns a hole in my pocket. I was warned by an internal PML technician that they are rather anal about non-original parts... even non original wheels will void the warranty if anything goes wrong... the same for body kits! bodykits cost $6k wheels cost $6k... with 12k... i could have done a lot to a IS250!! Sorry guys... just wanted to grumble and let it out.... haha... feels better now! :p

HID is same as Xenon. Go kick your SE's butt, unless the goondu mix up projector lamp with HID ??
When I test drove the 535 ~ 1month ago, was told HID is standard.
But for 3 seires, every damn thing is non-standard, not even cruise control...

SuperChargeMe said:
HID is same as Xenon. Go kick your SE's butt, unless the goondu mix up projector lamp with HID ??
When I test drove the 535 ~ 1month ago, was told HID is standard.
But for 3 seires, every damn thing is non-standard, not even cruise control...

Somehow I'm not convinced the SE mixed it up........

Yup... snd it will cost you at least $5K from PML to installed the XENON light... I was very tempted to change but then, its damn expensive...

If you go outside to change which is cheaper, the warranty will void....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cakhiatvcoffee

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back