Hit n Run

Hi everyone...
Wat should i do when someone hits me and speeds off ? :( happened today and im upset :( please advice wat i should do the next time this happens :(

Re: Hit n Run

remember the no.plate, thats very impt.

bimmer_chick;236059 said:
Hi everyone...
Wat should i do when someone hits me and speeds off ? :( happened today and im upset :( please advice wat i should do the next time this happens :(

Number plate number is important, the car model, colour , the gender of the driver would be useful. For hit and run, file a police report (in addition to the Insurance accident report ) for traffic police to investigate. Repair and claim against oneself and then get your insurance broker to help to claim from the other party.

My personal experience, about 3 years back, my car was hit by a motorcycle and brake lights were cracked and bumper grazed. The rider sped off but i managed to take down the license plate no. Filed police report and insurance accident report and get the car repaired at own cost.

Insurance broker helped to arranged for a lawyer to claim the damaged.
Although the whole process took more than one year, i still got back the money I paid for the repair though traffic police investigation did not result in any action against the rider.

:( couldnt remember a thing didnt expect this and it happened too fast :(

in situations like these, is it advisable to chase after the hit n run car til u are near enough to see n record the license plates properly? provided your car can still move , of course

Yeah, totally agree with tj_9. There are people who are driving/riding without valid driving licences or driving/riding stolen vehicles and that might contribute to them driving/riding recklessly and sped off as fast as they could.

sad to hear this, if its not serious on the car and no injury, just log a police report and move on with it

I think the location matters. For instance, some carparks disclaimed all responsibility making claims difficult. If so, from a legal standpoint, makes sense to move on......

bimmer_chick;236059 said:
Hi everyone...

Usually people who hit and run, are drank, on drug, no driving license, blur etc. You should immediately take down the plate no and colour of the vehicle, then follow by make/model (not everyone know what make/model of all cars, hence not that important). Plate no is a must. If it is possible, get a witness name/contact.

Then make a police report on hit and run.

Fill a claim on your own motor insurance and the insurer would settle all the repair and legal cost required. It would be not cost efficient to engage your own lawyer. If it is proven that it is the 3rd party’s fault or it is a hit and run case, your NCD would not be affected.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motoringla

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back