how to change a geart knob E36? pls help ....

absolut

dear bmw ownwers... this probably been asked many times... but can someone kindly advise me how to change a gear knob on E36(auto).. do i just pull or is there a screw to undo or what.... tried pulling real hard(trust me) with the "pillow" too, but i feels like i am breaking it instead, who can i go to to change it for me....

please help thanx.....

Re: how to change a geart knob E36? pls help ....

I assume it's a auto gear box u talking about.

Put the gear to neutral or D, with one hand's thumb facing down, yank it up, shaking it left and right.

Watch out for your nose

Cheers

erm...brute force will break something..there's a hex nut on the front side, under the "pillow". best accessed when u shift all the way down to "3" (or "4" dep on ur model).

get an allen wrenc in there, and remove it, the handle should slide off easily...

:p.

hope this helps..:)

Don't know much about auto.. mine manual.. I shift gear up down ferociously practising my heel-toe thingy and after about 7 km of twisty road, it came off by itself...lucky me.

hahhahh...at least only knob came off..and not shifter assembly!!!!!!!!!!!!..hahhahh..:).. if i did the same with the autobox, think i'll see the tranny as little bits falling off, thru my rear view mirror!!!!!!!!!!!..

lucky u,..:p

jawzsg said:
Don't know much about auto.. mine manual.. I shift gear up down ferociously practising my heel-toe thingy and after about 7 km of twisty road, it came off by itself...lucky me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
speedvay
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back