How to get my rims shining again?

Egolas

Hi bros,

Can someone share how to get the rims to be shining again? Able to also discuss the various methods and maybe the estimated costing as well?

Re: How to get my rims shining again?

From your picture, it appear to be original matt gray... how can we make it shiny if the original is matt gray? Need a respray to shiny gray or non-matt gray.

I keep my rims shiny via washing the rims twice a week. Of course after washing I apply a sealant a.k.a. rim protector, to prevent brake dust from 'sticking' onto the rim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baby1M;1099247 said:
From your picture, it appear to be original matt gray... how can we make it shiny if the original is matt gray? Need a respray to shiny gray or non-matt gray.

I keep my rims shiny via washing the rims twice a week. Of course after washing I apply a sealant a.k.a. rim protector, to prevent brake dust from 'sticking' onto the rim.

can share which kind of sealant u use ?? mine always stuck with thick thick dust...

ob3lix;1099248 said:
can share which kind of sealant u use ?? mine always stuck with thick thick dust...

I normally use Armorall but when able/possible i get the one from SONAX. There is another brand that carry such sealant/protector but i dont remember that brand coz i dont use it.

View attachment 64141View attachment 64140

Last edited by a moderator:

If your rim is polished surface, you can use autosol or sonax alupaste.

Remember wash thoroughly to remove all sand and dust first. Apply one thin coat of alu paste or autosol on oxidizel layer. Then use microfibre cloth to polish.

If you are not farmiliar with powertools, use hand, if not you will get hologram on surface.

My suggestion will be Sonax rim cleaner , sonax alu paste/autosol, then final with sonax rim coating.

Swee swee kim kim wheel will appear in front of you after few polish.

thanks Baby1M & 5 christopher ngo...

will try... thanks again... :)

After doing this, the black brake dust wouldn't stick on the rims?

christopher ngo;1099258 said:
If your rim is polished surface, you can use autosol or sonax alupaste.

Remember wash thoroughly to remove all sand and dust first. Apply one thin coat of alu paste or autosol on oxidizel layer. Then use microfibre cloth to polish.

If you are not farmiliar with powertools, use hand, if not you will get hologram on surface.

My suggestion will be Sonax rim cleaner , sonax alu paste/autosol, then final with sonax rim coating.

Swee swee kim kim wheel will appear in front of you after few polish.

F30BKSP;1099275 said:
After doing this, the black brake dust wouldn't stick on the rims?

U brush ur teeth once and forever no need to brush?

Same theory.

All these products lessen the dust build up, not ELIMINATE dust build up.

Brake dust build up slower?

MW;1099276 said:
U brush ur teeth once and forever no need to brush?

Same theory.

All these products lessen the dust build up, not ELIMINATE dust build up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinthethaothesport

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back