How to install camera to avoid warranty void?

Re: How to install camera to avoid warranty void?

I mean if I tap the car battery for the camera power, will it short circuit?

Are you going to DIY? Why not let the pros do it? That way should not have to worry about short circuit.

Thank you.... any good one to recommend? I am near East side. Preferably that kind of camera can turn on 24 hours even the car engine is off.

Look up on the site sponsors lists, there are a few specialized on installing car cameras. Elebest, Soundwerkz, JDM ... just to name a few. They bring in different brands, they are all good. You just need to do some research and depending on your own requirement and liking. The best is to call them up.

TUV2008;1106621 said:
Thank you.... any good one to recommend? I am near East side. Preferably that kind of camera can turn on 24 hours even the car engine is off.
Confirm your car battery will drain and dash error message will come on.

IMHO ...... Bypassing the IBS by connecting to battery directly not very good ......

IMHO ...... Bypassing the IBS by connecting to battery directly not very good ......

For me, camera is connected to T-Power. T-power charged via ciggy. No error code. No warranty issue.

I fixed mine to the ERP fuse .......

If anything goes wrong - blows up the erp machine at the most ...... Haha !

davidtch;1106633 said:
For me, camera is connected to T-Power. T-power charged via ciggy. No error code. No warranty issue.
I dun like the idea of a wire hanging in the air connecting the camera and the ciggy

Get ORIGINAL BMW CAMERA.....sound of mind. 24 hours recording. It is the parking mode everyone is keen.

BMWM3;1106678 said:
Get ORIGINAL BMW CAMERA.....sound of mind. 24 hours recording. It is the parking mode everyone is keen.
What is the damage? Get from PML?

TUV2008;1106676 said:
I dun like the idea of a wire hanging in the air connecting the camera and the ciggy
I have no loose wire hanging around. Everything is hidden nicely.

Search Elbest ...they have what u looking for.

TUV2008;1106615 said:
Anyone with a F10 install a camera and how to avoid warranty void if anything screw up?

There is a cigarette lighter point under the left glove compartment. Cig points go off 8 mins after engine shutdown.

The wiring can be routed to under the "A" frame, between the "A" frame and the front windscreen to the top and to where you site the camera. Wire can be pushed in between the framework and the glass with a plastic screwdriver.

That is, if you want to DIY.

Just call PML, they are going to sell one with front and back camera for $1300 next year, quite expensive!

Bro, the link I gave you is the BMW Car camera for front and back $898 done by Munich Auto, you can ask Munich but doing it there will not impact your PML warranty. They both roll into the same parent company.

PML camera is it the same one or a different one (i.e not BMW Advanced Eye?) I thought PML already installs the advanced car eye. No choice, you want warranty have to pay their asking.

Alternatively you can buy a blackvue and tuck the wires under the roof lining gaps, I done this for my mini and looks decent. Downside is no 24 /7 monitoring.

TUV2008;1106862 said:
Just call PML, they are going to sell one with front and back camera for $1300 next year, quite expensive!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
socoliveztv

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back