How to play my iPod?

Jarren

Hi, I have just collected my pre-owned E90

I have some query:

1. Is the AUX-in mend for playing stuff like iPod Nano?
2. If can play, where can I purchase the cable?

Please advise, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: How to play my iPod?

I guess you could use a simple aux jack with the other end that fits an iPod Nano. However if you need a Y-Cable, one that display the titles etc on your sound system, I have an almost brand new one to sell. PML sells for about $130.

limac;651652 said:
I guess you could use a simple aux jack with the other end that fits an iPod Nano. However if you need a Y-Cable, one that display the titles etc on your sound system, I have an almost brand new one to sell. PML sells for about $130.

Yours from PML or OEM?
Heard Y-Cable can play.. can charge.. correct?
Also heard that can change volume.. but not song using buttons on steering wheel.. correct?

Thanks for offer

But think I need all the above.. can play.. can charge.. can charge volume & song from the steering wheel control...... cos I have a habit to change song while driving:ehhh:

I will try to find & install one which can perform all the above mentioned.

Jarren;651940 said:
Thanks for offer

But think I need all the above.. can play.. can charge.. can charge volume & song from the steering wheel control...... cos I have a habit to change song while driving:ehhh:

I will try to find & install one which can perform all the above mentioned.

Y-cable can do all these.

BUT, your pre-FL E90 dun have the USB connector to fully enable the Y-cable function.

Anyone know where is the USB and AUX jacks are? My car is E60, 09 model.

Does your E90 comes with iDrive navigation (not the portable Garmin)? If yes, then you can use the standard white Apple USB cable... no need Y-cable

jylam;668317 said:
Anyone know where is the USB and AUX jacks are? My car is E60, 09 model.

On my E60 '08, the aux is located on the rear air con vent, between the two power jacks.Yours should be there too. No USB.

Bat69;836989 said:
On my E60 '08, the aux is located on the rear air con vent, between the two power jacks.Yours should be there too. No USB.

Hi, I'm wondering does anyone know where the aux in is for the e92 coupe? It's underneath the arm rest right? There's also a cig jack there..but they claim that there's no cig jack n it's empty and meant for iPhone? A bit curious..Tks.

there's no need to buy a BMW OEM Y-cable. my less than $10 "Y-cable" from dealextreme works fine with my iPod nano. i can control the ipod with steering wheel controls and MP3 song name is displayed on the professional radio screen. the only thing is that my car (E90 LCI) does not recognise my iPhone using the cable and i need to use the Aux-in for playing music from iphone. charging of iphone/ipod works fine with the cable as well.

anyway it's easier to just load music into a usb thumbdrive and play music from there compared to using the cable and ipod nano. saves space in the arm rest compartment as well.

limac;651652 said:

How much u selling?

Have 08/2005 E60 530. iDrive comes with the navigation system. Any idea whether iPod integration is possible? Any aux that can be used?
Thanks

gp;837487 said:
Have 08/2005 E60 530. iDrive comes with the navigation system. Any idea whether iPod integration is possible? Any aux that can be used?
Thanks

Just made the same enquiry as you. Also 2005/8 E60 but mine is 523

Contact Kelvin at Soundwerkz (see site sponsor page for details)

He has a simple aux in retro fit with programming of I drive. 3hour job.

BoneDoc;837745 said:
Just made the same enquiry as you. Also 2005/8 E60 but mine is 523

Contact Kelvin at Soundwerkz (see site sponsor page for details)

He has a simple aux in retro fit with programming of I drive. 3hour job.

Thanks bro.

kon;836855 said:
Does your E90 comes with iDrive navigation (not the portable Garmin)? If yes, then you can use the standard white Apple USB cable... no need Y-cable

Hi, I just got my 2006 E90 (325i) with iDrive navigation. Can someone advise how I can connect my Ipod/Iphone to the iDrive system? I see that there is an AUX inlet under the arm rest

Thanks in advance

jimbo8118;933462 said:
Hi, I just got my 2006 E90 (325i) with iDrive navigation. Can someone advise how I can connect my Ipod/Iphone to the iDrive system? I see that there is an AUX inlet under the arm rest

Thanks in advance

3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable. Select aux input from your iDrive. But no steering wheel controls for iPod since you do not have USB 6fl option

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
188betlinklink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back