Howdy! GTI owner considering a BMW.

waltgrace

Hi everyone!

I don't own a BMW (yet), but am trying to build up my base of BMW knowledge before taking the plunge to buy a used one. I currently drive a Mk6 GTI - love the car, but am relocating back to Singapore in the near future, and would like to explore a different ride. With my budget, I'm exploring the possibility of getting a used E92 325i. I've always admired the E92, and while it won't run as spiffily as the GTI, it is a good drive (test drove a friend's before) and can be quite the head-turner (which the GTI isn't much of).

I'm prob looking at an '08 to '09 E92 325i.. price point being abt S$100k.

The new M4s look really awesome - I'm not looking to get a new car, and that's also prob out of my budget for now. I just wonder how severely the release of the M4 will impact the used prices of the e92 325i, given that the M4 will go into production later this year.

Anyhow, I'm gonna be doing more research in this forum on the E92-related info, and hope to learn from you guys and make some good friends down the road.

Happy Lunar New Year!

Re: Howdy! GTI owner considering a BMW.

Welcome welcome. Don't mind me asking, where r u at now? Why relocate back to SG and pay insane $$$ for a piece of shit paper? LMAO.

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Your Q is two-fold, to which I will say: 1) moving back cos of job; 2) paying for COE cos I enjoy driving too much.

:dance:

waltgrace;955743 said:
Hi everyone!

I don't own a BMW (yet), but am trying to build up my base of BMW knowledge before taking the plunge to buy a used one. I currently drive a Mk6 GTI - love the car, but am relocating back to Singapore in the near future, and would like to explore a different ride. With my budget, I'm exploring the possibility of getting a used E92 325i. I've always admired the E92, and while it won't run as spiffily as the GTI, it is a good drive (test drove a friend's before) and can be quite the head-turner (which the GTI isn't much of).

I'm prob looking at an '08 to '09 E92 325i.. price point being abt S$100k.

The new M4s look really awesome - I'm not looking to get a new car, and that's also prob out of my budget for now. I just wonder how severely the release of the M4 will impact the used prices of the e92 325i, given that the M4 will go into production later this year.

Anyhow, I'm gonna be doing more research in this forum on the E92-related info, and hope to learn from you guys and make some good friends down the road.

Happy Lunar New Year!

Hi Wal,

welcome onboard....

* Sheer Driving Pleasure Rocks......
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thanks, ac. That's a beautiful car in your avatar... if only it could fit a set of golf cubs in the boot, and it were more affordable. :D

waltgrace;955753 said:
Thanks, ac. That's a beautiful car in your avatar... if only it could fit a set of golf cubs in the boot, and it were more affordable. :D

Hi Wal,

golf set no issue....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

waltgrace;955749 said:
Thanks for the kind welcome!

Your Q is two-fold, to which I will say: 1) moving back cos of job; 2) paying for COE cos I enjoy driving too much.

:dance:
:thumbsup: to certain extent.

ac323;955754 said:
Hi Wal,

golf set no issue....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Seriously? I'm going to have to check one out then - prob an '07 model, given my budget. Yours is the Z4, yes?

waltgrace;955759 said:
Seriously? I'm going to have to check one out then - prob an '07 model, given my budget. Yours is the Z4, yes?

E89 Z4...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Welcome to the fora, waltgrace, and welcome home to Singapore in advance. Hope you land your dream ride soon!

sell chicken rice or fried noodle, just dont come back!!!
wtf are you thinking?
100k can buy you a m3.

sometimes grass is not always greener on the other side as you thought ;)

Hi Waltgrace

I used to drive a GTI mk5. The gti has got quite a cult following here and the car is hard to beat in term of performance, functionality and running costs.

You should look at a 335 cos i think the 325 may be 'under power' for someone who is used to hp of 270 (i am assuming you are on stage 1).

Enjoy your car shopping :)

Darth Vader;955833 said:
sell chicken rice or fried noodle, just dont come back!!!
wtf are you thinking?
100k can buy you a m3.

Hahaha. But I can't cook. Too cumbersome to hire and manage chefs.

100k can get me an m3 in today's market? Pls show me how and where :whatthe:

detach8;955834 said:
sometimes grass is not always greener on the other side as you thought ;)

Singapore not that bad la....

Oh, you meant the BMW? :cool:

wmkok;955871 said:
Hi Waltgrace

I used to drive a GTI mk5. The gti has got quite a cult following here and the car is hard to beat in term of performance, functionality and running costs.

You should look at a 335 cos i think the 325 may be 'under power' for someone who is used to hp of 270 (i am assuming you are on stage 1).

Enjoy your car shopping :)

Hey wmkok, thanks! Yes, am familiar with the cult following of the GTI in Sg.. it IS an awesome car in the areas you mentioned.

But no I'm not on Stage 1 *horror*

I'd def prefer a 335 to a 325, but the bank account ain't gonna like it all that much. In fact, I can scarce believe that I'm even considering a BMW back in Sg. But hey, I gotta live my life, and so I gotta get with the programme (of coughing up the dough).

I'm not necessarily expecting the same type of torque response or pick-up with my next car. I just want something else, and I figured, "why not get something more classy, sexy-looking, and that is still a good drive?". Doesn't hurt if it helps with the ladies :woottt:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taixiugo88club
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back