Insurance + First Polish help

Alex Yap

Hi all

Anyone have any recommendations for insurance? i was quoted $1686 by PML - me aged 33 first car.

Also any recommendations for first time polish/paint protection for the car?

Thanks

Re: Insurance + First Polish help

Alex Yap;174857 said:
Hi all

Anyone have any recommendations for insurance? i was quoted $1686 by PML - me aged 33 first car.

Also any recommendations for first time polish/paint protection for the car?

Thanks
Bro, I was quoted the same amount. Age 31, first car.

Did you finally settle on the 323i? Hope you did and am or will be driving it around soon. Congratz again :)

Jase;174859 said:
Bro, I was quoted the same amount. Age 31, first car.

Did you finally settle on the 323i? Hope you did and am or will be driving it around soon. Congratz again :)

I settled on the 320i

hopefully no regrets hahahaha

so u took inhouse?? am trying to get quotes now...everything kinda so rush!!!!

Yah, I took in-house. Don't rush it... I think insurance is quite important (though you can change later, IIRC). Take your time unless you need the car desperately.

I've not had any regrets with my 320i. I love it to bits and gave it its first real bath yesterday :)

Jase;174864 said:
Yah, I took in-house. Don't rush it... I think insurance is quite important (though you can change later, IIRC). Take your time unless you need the car desperately.

I've not had any regrets with my 320i. I love it to bits and gave it its first real bath yesterday :)

isnt inhouse like more expensive or something??

anyway i kinda sick and tired of deciding what to do...thats why i just took the 320....am thinking of just taking inhouse then change next time or something...

I think in-house (Sime Insurers) is slightly more expensive. I didn't do a thorough search of all other policies but was told by some other current BMW owners that Sime is decent - it's not fantastic but not bad either. Wasn't too bothered cause I think that many of the policies are the same... most of it is in the fineprint, regardless of whether they promise you the sun, earth and all in between.

That said, there's no reason why you should rush. You can explore the options but that takes time and trouble... then again, nothing comes easy... or cheap :)

All the best. Hope 2 see you on the road!

Jase;174878 said:
I think in-house (Sime Insurers) is slightly more expensive. I didn't do a thorough search of all other policies but was told by some other current BMW owners that Sime is decent - it's not fantastic but not bad either. Wasn't too bothered cause I think that many of the policies are the same... most of it is in the fineprint, regardless of whether they promise you the sun, earth and all in between.

That said, there's no reason why you should rush. You can explore the options but that takes time and trouble... then again, nothing comes easy... or cheap :)

All the best. Hope 2 see you on the road!

why everyone say take my time?? i'm kinda liks rushed...

wed or thurs paying the balance of downpayment....sat or sun getting the car...so when do i need to decide on the insurance??

I decided on insurance when I paid my downpayment. Oh yah, you should try and take advantage of the credit card payment plan they have... I think it's UOB. 0% interest over 12, 24 or 36 months. This is great.

I paid a 12% downpayment using credit card (the most I could before my card exploded) and spread the payment out over 24 months. This cuts down my overall interest even more. See if you can do that - it makes financial sense.

I just called AutoGlym...$240 for a standard package. Is this a good place to do the first polish/protection??

Oooh... where's AutoGlym? Maybe if we do ours together, we can get a discount? I'm also considering doing one.

There are several options which I hear is good for grooming. I use Groomworks and have done so for years. They use Zaino Brothers which gives a high shine but you will need to go back every 2-3 months for maintenance. I go there because of quality as well as convenient location.
Of course, there is Spa for Cars, which many bros in the forum go to and rave about which is in Sin Ming Autopoint level 3.
There is also a super ex one called Swissol which is done by a new set up called Car-do which is in Kaki Bukit Road 1.
Juzz for Cars also have their in-house grooming service called Juzz Brilliant which is within their workshop but will be moving to their new unit.
Hope this is helpful to you guys!

Did someone asked for insurance? PML's inhouse......kekeke..:screwedu:..

FYI. I got a quote for my renewal which is $350 cheaper and same excess also elswehere. :lol2:

mysteryman;175210 said:
if both of you doing the polishing, i also wanna do it b4 cny. lol

hey we 3 do together?? then maybe cheaper??

should we try spas for cars? sim lim sounds easier to get to..unless u guys know how to get there?

Sing Ming Auto Care,

For Spa for Cars.. i know if 3 do together also same price.. and if u're thinking of getting a slot b4 CNY, don't think you'd get one dude, maybe next month ..

Ohh btw...just called Spa for Cars.....

1. They are fully booked from now till CNY...so havta do after CNY

2. What colors are your cars? Dark colours will be harder/more expensive.

He told me alot of things..sounds really complicated!! really regretted buying black........

hahaha..that is roy lah.....he is very technical and particular on dark color cars. just wait till after cny and u shld get a slot.

Actually if you insure through PML you typically get one huge benefit which you do not get from insuring "externally"; which is that you get to use PML for any body works. If you do get into an accident like I did some years back you will be thankful despite paying a lil' bit more. Other insurers will make you go to one of their "approved" workshops which typically do not include PML....

:) I paid only $680 for my comprehensive road tax this year.....Cheapest my whole life!!!!:nehnehhh:

Me age 31 50% NCD.:nehnehhh: :nehnehhh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok9wcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back