Intake without exhaust upgrade

BMWSiao

Hi brudders,

I will be sending my E90 for ECU tuning very soon. Was recommended to change the intake and air scoop for hp and torque boost.

On the other hand, I was recommended not to change my intake and air scoop if I am not considering to upgrade my exhaust. It is just like eating too much, but got nothing to let go.

Don;t think I am going to upgrade my exhaust as mine is still under warranty.

Should I wait to do up the air intake when my warranty is over and get the exhaust at the same time, or go for it now since I am doing the ECU tuning?

Any advice? thanks!

Re: Intake without exhaust upgrade

BMWSiao;795466 said:
Hi brudders,

On the other hand, I was recommended not to change my intake and air scoop if I am not considering to upgrade my exhaust. It is just like eating too much, but got nothing to let go.

Any advice? thanks!

i wonder who gave u this advice...haha

if using this analogy, what if change to a good exhaust.....will the car die of diarrhoea??

Last edited by a moderator:

sszone;795470 said:
i wonder who gave u this advice...haha

if using this analogy, what if change to a good exhaust.....will the car die of diarrhoea??

LoL!!! that was a nice one !

Bro its depend on you, changing a new exhaust it gave you a better blowing sound. And by changing intake it help you to get better air flow, i dont think it really got link with exhaust. i just changed my intake, LoL my exhaust sound still the same =) .Bro btw your car is still under warranty better think twice before u decide to touch yr ecu and other mod =) Cheers! hope this help you abit!

Hi BMWsiao,
U mentioned warranty issue. That you are not going to upgrade your exhaust as your car is still under warranty.
Yet you want to tune your ECU?
I think the later poses 10 times more risk to your warranty than an aftermarket exhaust.

BMWSiao;795466 said:
Hi brudders,

I will be sending my E90 for ECU tuning very soon. Was recommended to change the intake and air scoop for hp and torque boost.

Don;t think I am going to upgrade my exhaust as mine is still under warranty.

Should I wait to do up the air intake when my warranty is over and get the exhaust at the same time, or go for it now since I am doing the ECU tuning?

Any advice? thanks!

Stock is best.... Dun mod.

intake + air scoop gives you max +2bhp nia ... eat liao also nothing much to let go ... :D
exhaust upgrade (assuming not 335i or M) ... it's mainly for sound upgrade rather than performance upgrade

On the other hand, I was recommended not to change my intake and air scoop if I am not considering to upgrade my exhaust. It is just like eating too much, but got nothing to let go

C3P0;795495 said:
Hi BMWsiao,
U mentioned warranty issue. That you are not going to upgrade your exhaust as your car is still under warranty.
Yet you want to tune your ECU?
I think the later poses 10 times more risk to your warranty than an aftermarket exhaust.

+1 :whattheh:

newbie here. so don't know much about car. I just feel like my car is sluggish in terms of pick up compared with my previous car. Was poisoned by site sponsors on some mods, but yet hear otherwise. So seeking bro's opinions.

Was told that PML will hardly check on ECU. As the investment for intake + stock is not much, again was told that +7 gain. guess that it is not very true.

IHE mods (intake, header, exhaust) comes as a basic upgrade. power gain will be at its peak after proper tuning afterwhich (but mostly better mid to high end). u can get anywhere from 10 to 20hp usually but it is not the mod u want if u going for better pick up. u should look at throttle controllers, lightweight camgears, chasis lightening, lightweight rims, etc...... alternatively, step on the throttle harder to attain ur better pick up, n save all that money....

relaxed;796878 said:
IHE mods (intake, header, exhaust) comes as a basic upgrade. power gain will be at its peak after proper tuning afterwhich (but mostly better mid to high end). u can get anywhere from 10 to 20hp usually but it is not the mod u want if u going for better pick up. u should look at throttle controllers, lightweight camgears, chasis lightening, lightweight rims, etc...... alternatively, step on the throttle harder to attain ur better pick up, n save all that money....

Agree. IHE apply to most cars... I learnt this during my JDM time..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebai799com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back