Interior scratch and peel repair

alzoron86

Hi everyone,
The black plastic on the 07' E60's steering wheel and start stop button is peeling and also scratched in some places. Though its very minor, it's irritating as my interior is otherwise immaculate.

Can any bro recommend a place to get this touched up or even some DIY techniques?
thanks a lot for your help

Re: Interior scratch and peel repair

can try plastic dip
I ve asked Revol before and they said cant make it 100% and not adviseable to repaint the trim as it may peel again

I had very bad paint peeling problem with my 06 Golf GTi on the light switch, power windows switches, parts of door panel and the center gearbox selector panel. I thought BMW wouldn't have this problem? My 04 Open Zafira don't even have such problems.

ckbmwe60;822216 said:
can try plastic dip
I ve asked Revol before and they said cant make it 100% and not adviseable to repaint the trim as it may peel again

i see..hmm guess i ll have to live it with then

clamsgp;822390 said:
I had very bad paint peeling problem with my 06 Golf GTi on the light switch, power windows switches, parts of door panel and the center gearbox selector panel. I thought BMW wouldn't have this problem? My 04 Open Zafira don't even have such problems.

its really pretty minor..more nitpicking but an eyesore once u know its there..
that said rest of the interior's in pretty good nick

Pianoman;822486 said:
Some used car agents send cars for interior airbrushing for peeling issues

airbrushing? but the surface would still be uneven right?

alzoron86;822500 said:
its really pretty minor..more nitpicking but an eyesore once u know its there..
that said rest of the interior's in pretty good nick

That was my initial reaction too but the peeling became worse over time and big "chunks" started to fall off after that. I had to change all the power window switches and headlamp switch to the newer Golf Mk 6 switches. Luckily someone in the VAGSG forum was selling them at very cheap price.

It also happen to my Start button too. :mad:

I am wondering iszit becos we start and off too many times. :laughlik:

U all should use the flesh of your finger to press the Start Stop button instead of your nails....and do it gently lah, don't push it like u are doing it to a girl in ktv

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbetvote

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back