iPhone and Bluetooth

hashimms

Hi Guys
Anyone knows how to pair an iPhone with our bluetooth handsfree, I tried but could not confirm the passkey. Is it compatible to our bluetooth. Called BMW and they said that it should work. Any inputs and help will be much appreciated:)

Re: iPhone and Bluetooth

hashimms;508587 said:
Hi Guys
Anyone knows how to pair an iPhone with our bluetooth handsfree, I tried but could not confirm the passkey. Is it compatible to our bluetooth. Called BMW and they said that it should work. Any inputs and help will be much appreciated:)

iphone works well..
what version of idrive bluetooth? what ride model and year is yrs?
do you get to the point you have entered the passkey in idrive? then iphone will prompt pass key input.. and should be done...

Im driving the 2009 E60 with the new i-drive system. I get to that point in keying in the passkey but cannot confirm the pass key, The confirm passkey selection is not highlighted. Thanks

hashimms;508618 said:
Im driving the 2009 E60 with the new i-drive system. I get to that point in keying in the passkey but cannot confirm the pass key, The confirm passkey selection is not highlighted. Thanks

you using simple character such as 1234..does it work?
the confirm passkey is at idrive side or iphone?

the steps i did was..
enable bluetooth thru idrive and yr BMW id will show up as being searchable
input pass key
iphone enable to search for BMW id
iphone prompt to enter pass key
enter passkey and BMW and iphone are paired..
done.

i did just that. currently my HP smartphone works well. My wife just got the iPhone 3Gs and I was thinking of getting one myself. So i tried to see if it can pair to the bluetooth. I followed the same steps but when i key in the passkey, even the 4 digits 1234, the confirm tab on the top left corner is not highlighted and thus i cant navigate to it. Only the return tab is highlighted. After a while a message "fail to pair" comes out. I was thinking that if it can pair then most probably I will get one for myself...but looks like otherwise:)
Thanks for your help:)

I can't seem to pair my iPhone3GS as well. My Blackberry Bold pairs without any issues. Here are the steps I took:
1. On iDrive go to the menu which says start bluetooth pairing
2. Turn on bluetooth on iPhone
3. iPhone shows BMWXXXXX name and I select it
4. iDrive as for key and I enter 0000
5. iDrive immediately reports a failure
Where did I go wrong?

Hi bros, do I need an idrive to activate the bluetooth link with iPhone? I'm not sure my car can connect with my phone or not, it doesn't have idrive....Will appreciate your kind advice, thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back