iPhone OS4 OUT!!!

Re: iPhone OS4 OUT!!!

ody_2004;553571 said:
I upgraded but my Internet Tethering option is gone.. I with singtel. Anyone facing the same problem?

had to same issue, then i tried reinstall the entire OS.

remember to backup first tho.

now mine runs smooth as !@$#$%^&* :nehnehhh:

How to reinstall the OS? I did countless Restore still cannot get it working.

ody_2004;553578 said:
How to reinstall the OS? I did countless Restore still cannot get it working.

Bro,
1) first upgrade iTunes to 9.2
2) After plugging in your phone, iTunes 9.2 should tell you there is new OS. If iTunes doesn't tell you, click "check for update" at your iPhone module
3) It should backup, download new OS and voila!

pengful;553583 said:
Bro,
1) first upgrade iTunes to 9.2
2) After plugging in your phone, iTunes 9.2 should tell you there is new OS. If iTunes doesn't tell you, click "check for update" at your iPhone module
3) It should backup, download new OS and voila!

Thanks. But i with os4 oredi. How can i reinstall the os? Done restored. Is restore same as reinstalling the os?

ody_2004;553586 said:
Thanks. But i with os4 oredi. How can i reinstall the os? Done restored. Is restore same as reinstalling the os?

Restore means restoring to factory defaults, meaning all your apps will be gone. However, after completing restore, it will ask if you want to go back to your old profile. Click yes and you are back to your own settings.

etan1;553630 said:
My 3GS had no issues at all, smooth installation.

I have 2 other 3G phones, one installed after 2 hours plus, and the other failed. Called AppleCare, and they said os4 works for 3G as well. Gave up trying fir the second phone.

not issues about installation...

Will - read the link you posted, but find it bizarre.

I installed iOS4 a few minutes post mine on wife's phone. It wiped the phone clean, then when I Replugged it back in, it did a full restore. Wife hasnt used anything in terms of folders etc. but she is happy with the speed - says the phone is running much faster, plus she's happy with the threaded email jazz... so dont know how solid this article is abt the 3G issues. Told parents in India to install on their 3G phones - and they also report the phone runs much faster.

timechaser;553735 said:

I installed iOS4 a few minutes post mine on wife's phone. It wiped the phone clean, then when I Replugged it back in, it did a full restore. Wife hasnt used anything in terms of folders etc. but she is happy with the speed - says the phone is running much faster, plus she's happy with the threaded email jazz... so dont know how solid this article is abt the 3G issues. Told parents in India to install on their 3G phones - and they also report the phone runs much faster.

I installed OS4 on my wife's 3G and she's happy too. I personally felt that the delays and missing features reported by the article are not really felt that much... overall, I would say a worthy upgrade.

Anyone has issues on 3GS?

timechaser;553735 said:

pengful;553738 said:
I installed OS4 on my wife's 3G and she's happy too. I personally felt that the delays and missing features reported by the article are not really felt that much... overall, I would say a worthy upgrade.

delusion...it does run slower~~~ lol...

but i have installed it and am happy with it...if you don't...many apps will soon not be supporting 3.13 and below...and be more frustrated...

primary phone is a blackberry now...so the 4G will be a very compelling upgrade once available unless one wants to go for Android...wonders how much the 3G will fetch as trade in...or just be kept as an ipod like now.

pilotsnoopy;553754 said:
delusion...it does run slower~~~ lol...

but i have installed it and am happy with it...if you don't...many apps will soon not be supporting 3.13 and below...and be more frustrated...

primary phone is a blackberry now...so the 4G will be a very compelling upgrade once available unless one wants to go for Android...wonders how much the 3G will fetch as trade in...or just be kept as an ipod like now.

Go for the iPhone 4. Dump that crackberry :)

As for Android, what I cannot stand is manufacturers like Samsung making it look so much like the iPhone... super copy cat.

pengful;553781 said:
Go for the iPhone 4. Dump that crackberry :)

As for Android, what I cannot stand is manufacturers like Samsung making it look so much like the iPhone... super copy cat.

i will dump the iPhone 4 and stick with the Blackberry...its always gonna be an entertainment phone...for me.

think best Androids in Singapore are the HTCs? till the Motorolas, Nexus catch on here.

Tried using Starwood Preferred Guest app, auto shut down.

sszone;553801 said:
mine run swee swee.....only crapz is they somehow ruin the quality of the pics in the existing folders that synced to the iphone. will do a resync and see if that helps

Bro like I mentioned, you have to delete the hidden folder "Iphone Photo Cache" and re-sync. It will re-optimise all the photos and sync to your iphone. Mine had the same exact problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiabc8bot

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back