Is Juzz for Cars expensive?

Gizmo

Hi to all bros,

Having been on this forum and heard all the bads things about PML, I have only serviced my BM in Juzz for Cars since owning my car (E39).

however, having serviced my car at Juzz a few times, I am not entirely sure if its cheap at all. So far, my servicing, including change of parts, cost me about $2K during each visit. That is certainly not cheap by my standards. I have a couple of friends who said that Juzz for Cars are quite expensive actually.

Just 2 weeks ago, I have done a type II inspection. and my radiator overheated over the weekend. I have topped up the radiator but found no leaks. With my friend's opinions and my episode, this is certainly making me doubtful about the quality of Juzz for Cars.

What do you guys think? Is BVO better? some of my friends says its better. Or should I just send it back to PML. I am no mod craze... just a normal guy who is happy with factory stock.

thanks and regds

Re: Is Juzz for Cars expensive?

Price is always subjective, however if u have an issue with the service standard then you shd approach the workshop directly. i dont think it would serve your purpose to pose this question. As for the owner buying 6 series i think its totally unrelated. I have never been to juzz for cars, i actually service at PML. bc i m under warranty. My opinion is just go back them if u have concerns abt your ins II,

If you want to save $$$, buy the parts and ask them to install. Market practice is they will charge XX% more if they get the parts for you. $2k+ per service ! what did they change for you ? can share :)

Yes. expensive or not is subjective. But I'm looking at the angle of comparing between Juzz, BVO and PML. surely it won't be that subjective anymore. All I seek for is some form of transparency, just like what the government is doing to Singapore healthcare, which has since improved leaps and bounds in terms of price transparency, and there is less people cutting throat out there.

As for my servicing. Basically it included

1. Inspection 2
2. Air con microfilter ($96)
3. Valve cover gasket ($95)
4. Oil filter housing gasket set ($25)
5. Oil sump gasket ($280)
6. Fan belt tensioner C/w bearing ($95)
7. Roller bearing ($45)
8. Air con belt ($24)
9. Air con blower resistor ($185)
10. Air con belt tensioner ($95)
11. Inspection 2 labout ($80)
12. Labour for other stuffs ($120)

All in all about $2K. Comments?

Very simple. Next servicing u send car to BVO and compare loh.

What is inspection-2?

my thoughts:

the bulk of your bill seems to come from replacement parts. i think you would have paid an equivalent amount, if not more, for the same parts if purchased from PML, most of which are wear and tear items that would not have been covered under warranty. i believe PML charges close to $1000 for inspection II, excluding replacement parts.

PML also charged me $278 once for a wheel alignment - that's about $200 more than what J4C charged you for the whole Inspection II labour according to your breakdown above.

also, go to RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog to check out prices and compare. although the prices in the website are in USD, i've found that PML prices are more or less similar after conversion to SGD. you could always buy your parts yourself if you can get a better price but that isn't necessarily always the case. there are some parts that J4C can get for a cheaper price than if you were to call up a stockist yourself.

for sure they try to make a little from the parts, but in exchange they provide another layer of warranty. you don't have to worry about buying the wrong parts nor do you have to call around for part numbers and if anything should go wrong, they'll replace and fix it.

and really, what's wrong with the boss driving a 6 series? he is the boss of a successful business afterall.

cheers

Speaking from personal experience... i've been servicing my ride at J4C for the last 5 yrs and i've always left the wksp with a smile on my face...

Gizmo;225508 said:
All I seek for is some form of transparency, just like what the government is doing to Singapore healthcare, which has since improved leaps and bounds in terms of price transparency, and there is less people cutting throat out there.

as you have said, price is subjective, so could you please highlight to us who you're making a comparison to when you say that local healthcare professionals were "cutting throat"?

always call up and check prices on a few places before sending in your car.

if they have a certain degree of reputation, they should be able to quote you an approx. figure and the parts they are going to replace.

try doing some homework and compare a few others next time. let them know your budget before they start the job.

i spoke to J4C, they are friendly guys.

Having been to BVO and J4C, i feel their prices are competively similar..yr price is due major parts being replaced..

each workshop has their strong points...J4c expanding well...nice office and now even got dyno..

Thanks for all the replies. I totally agree that J4C have a bunch of very friendly chaps. I just needed some expert opinions from the more experienced guys here, to make sure that I am paying for my money's worth.

Thanks again.

many people have the perception that if they service outside, the service cost would be $200 ~ $300. Get real. BMW parts are not cheap.

anyway, as long as they are cheaper than PML and most importantly, FASTER. I am happy. From my own experience, I can say J4C service is right up there with PML. Seldom see workshop that is so clean, properly organsied and the ppl are professionals.

i've always been happy with the service from j4c.. pricey or not, the people do know what they're talking about and they don't tell you to buy stuff that you don't need... no hard sell there either...

I just feel they need to expand more. not enuff space liao.

i didnt know the iboss is driving a 6 series...... when i grow up, i wanna open a BMW workshop too.

you still not grown enough?

it's always fun going there, even if it's just to carwatch

Gizmo;225496 said:
Hi to all bros,

Having been on this forum and heard all the bads things about PML, I have only serviced my BM in Juzz for Cars since owning my car (E39).

however, having serviced my car at Juzz a few times, I am not entirely sure if its cheap at all. So far, my servicing, including change of parts, cost me about $2K during each visit. That is certainly not cheap by my standards. I have a couple of friends who said that Juzz for Cars are quite expensive actually.

Just 2 weeks ago, I have done a type II inspection. and my radiator overheated over the weekend. I have topped up the radiator but found no leaks. With my friend's opinions and my episode, this is certainly making me doubtful about the quality of Juzz for Cars.

What do you guys think? Is BVO better? some of my friends says its better. Or should I just send it back to PML. I am no mod craze... just a normal guy who is happy with factory stock.

thanks and regds

Gizmo;225508 said:
Yes. expensive or not is subjective. But I'm looking at the angle of comparing between Juzz, BVO and PML. surely it won't be that subjective anymore. All I seek for is some form of transparency, just like what the government is doing to Singapore healthcare, which has since improved leaps and bounds in terms of price transparency, and there is less people cutting throat out there.

As for my servicing. Basically it included

1. Inspection 2
2. Air con microfilter ($96)
3. Valve cover gasket ($95)
4. Oil filter housing gasket set ($25)
5. Oil sump gasket ($280)
6. Fan belt tensioner C/w bearing ($95)
7. Roller bearing ($45)
8. Air con belt ($24)
9. Air con blower resistor ($185)
10. Air con belt tensioner ($95)
11. Inspection 2 labout ($80)
12. Labour for other stuffs ($120)

All in all about $2K. Comments?

Gizmo;225623 said:
Thanks for all the replies. I totally agree that J4C have a bunch of very friendly chaps. I just needed some expert opinions from the more experienced guys here, to make sure that I am paying for my money's worth.

Thanks again.

Like what Louis was saying, PML alone on labour would have charged you more than 3 times the labour quoted by J4C. Looking at your list above, seems pretty reasonable to me. Labour to replace all the parts SGD$120.00, not bad...

I think your paying for what it's worth, Juzz 4 Cars got an excellent team of mechanics and a beautiful after-sales staff, plus they really take good car of your car.. you send in car.. they fix.. wash car for you.. give it back to you clean.

service all my 3 cars at J4C.. never felt they over charged me.. give really good service, wash my car.. make sure no greasy hands or uniforms taint my interiors..
I will keep using them for any cars that i buy... even non BMW..

I cannot even remember the number of years that I've been going to Juzz for Cars.. but for you, I try to recall the cars I've maintained through them.. in no particular order.. 4 BMWs, 2 VWs, 1 Audi and 1 Subaru..

Would it please you to patronise a workshop whose boss drives a Datsun 100A? Would that be the indicator that the prices there are reasonable?

Have you seen the types of cars that the boss of Crystal Jade drives?

kl88;225922 said:
I cannot even remember the number of years that I've been going to Juzz for Cars.. but for you, I try to recall the cars I've maintained through them.. in no particular order.. 4 BMWs, 2 VWs, 1 Audi and 1 Subaru..

Would it please you to patronise a workshop whose boss drives a Datsun 100A? Would that be the indicator that the prices there are reasonable?

Have you seen the types of cars that the boss of Crystal Jade drives?

no. wat do they drive? if it is lambo i dun eat crystal jade anymore.....:nehnehhh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportooo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back