Is the E60 paintwork more resistant to scratches & dents

Puny

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No knowledge of the different paintwork on the E60s, perhaps the CSAs at PML can give some insight on this matter.

Besides the Mercedes, Volvos, Alfa Romeos also don't have side strips. But I've seen quite a few today (Volvo) with major dents on the door panels. :( Most of them were obviously knocks from adjacent car doors.

If we examine these dents, most of them are actually present on the rear door panels. I reckon this is perhaps due to rear passengers opening the door without the same care that the owner does..

I understand that Mercedes Benz had developed a new paint along those lines and was wondering if this is so for the new 5 series.
Now that you've mentioned it, the new Mercedes (blacks especially) have that deep gloss that turn heads.. Same for the Nissan Cefiros.. Has anyone noticed the same thing??

Alvin.

Dude

Puny said:
Now that you've mentioned it, the new Mercedes (blacks especially) have that deep gloss that turn heads.. Has anyone noticed the same thing??

Alvin.

I couldn't agree with you more.

lowerside3.jpg

i would say, protective strips were removed to achieve the more modern look. protective strips are getting backwards.

plus any paint in the world would chip or scratch when it comes in contact with the wall...

It's merely a design decision. They realised that these protective strips dont protect anything at all.

Yes, understand that it looks much better without the strips. But with the car passengers I usually encounter at public parking, the strips do provide some buffer.

I looked at my car's protective strips and there were many indents and marks - can't bear to imagine if they were directly on the paintwork. :verysad:

Cheers,
Alvin.

Another possibility is the shape of the curves and how the sky light hits the curves..

Also, metallic colors don't seem to give depth to the gloss that a solid color gives.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88nyc
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back