IS250 or 520??

regret

Guys..torn between these 2.....price is similar....depre is also similar....size diff oni...

Like IS250 looks/interior/specs....like 520 badge/image/size...If buy IS250 can get a higher price for my 318...no need to pay for trf fee...interest lower...sigh..

Any comments?

Re: IS250 or 520??

you not considering SLK liao? wow your option very wide lei.

got buyer for ur car already?

520i is second hand or new, thought PML now sells 523?

Frankly the IS250 will go faster, as its lighter and tuned for higher power. Question is whether you like the kind of drive or not that it offers. Or is the badge more important for yoru consideration, as you ve mentioned.

regret said:
Like IS250 looks/interior/specs....like 520 badge/image/size...If buy IS250 can get a higher price for my 318...no need to pay for trf fee...interest lower...sigh..
Any comments?

I guess it boils down to your space requirements. Personally, my vote goes out to the IS250. If it's a car used to generate business/sales, then I feel the 5-series is much more appropriate because of it's size and comfort, especially if you need to ferry people around.

regret, seems like you have too many choices at this point (prior to this, the SLK). Have you test driven all to get a feel of what you'd prefer?

Got buyer liao!! but very lok price..$78.5k..but @ least better den dealer!!!! .still trying to find a higher price..sigh..

hehe SLK l think is out la...not practical...IS250 chio la..but in terms of size, l think is almost the same as my 318 lei..so if l sell my 318 and buy tat like LPPL(dun compare power la)..tats wad is making me think of the 520.....dun wanna buy new 523 la...lose a lot when sell lei..so its either new IS250 or 2nd hand 520 lo..

Is it true tat 520 is underpowered?? anyone can share wif me what are the main diff bet 520 or 523?? Except one is 2.2(170bhp) vs 2.5(177bhp), active steering vs no active(wad does it do anyway??), Double Vanos vs Valvetronic(Better FC?)

Will the 520 have resale value becos of 523? Some dealers tell me it would be easier to sell off a 520 vs a 523 cause 520 2.2l, more affordable in terms of rd tax! True??

you can consider used 523i too.

if i were you, i will buy used 525i. :) else buy 325i lah.

regret said:
Guys..torn between these 2.....price is similar....depre is also similar....size diff oni...

Any comments?

Can I suggest an option C? (Think out of the box). :)

IS250 and the Mark X shares the same v6 2.5L engine.
GS300 and the Mark X shares the same platform (Chassis). The IS250 uses a shortern version of this chassis.

Stock Mark X has been timed at 7.8 secs for the century sprint at PG.

Other than branding of Lexus, PI instead of authorised dealers and the mature interior of the Mark X (which you can change by doing carbon fibre trims),...... Mark X seems to be the most bang for the buck. Selling new at unders S$100k. Check out the torque and power curve below.

Or if you want more power..... get the Mark X Modellista. This has a supercharger :yikess:
http://toyota.jp/toyopet/50th/markx/index02.html

Option D...... :lol2:
This is what I did. Bought the E90 320i over the IS250 :)

Pre Owned 520 is value for money, IMO. Can consider 520 or 525, but not 523, as it is in between.

IS 250 has lower maintenance.

Mark X 3.0l super charger....320hp....swallow saliva.......wow. wonder how much in singapore

Hi, is it true that Borneo Motor trade in value is really good if u get a car from them?

regret, if u are looking for just a car to ferry u ard ...520i does the job very well....but it is slightly underpower as it is a big car but the drive is still as good...

looking for more power, of course u need to pay more....like a 523 etc....

guess u have all the alternatives laid out in front of u...the rest is up to ur own requirements. :)

sigh....l did considered the Mark X cos its qt value for $$...powerful, big...just din like the interior as much as the IS250, and the badge as well.......How how how??

For 520, l need to drive 3yrs...but for IS or mark X..5 yrs...

So Can l drive the 520 for @least the next 3 yrs? or can l drive the IS250/mark X for the next 5 yrs????

how agonising! There is no comparison betx the two. One is head the other heart. Which is which depends where your head and heart is located, lah. he he he ke ke.

I for sure won't take the 520i. Too many horror stories. I will prefer to get a used 523i or a used 323i or 325i. Used 525i wld still be too pricey.

But as someone has suggested, think outta box. If I am thinking of IS250, Marx X automatically becomes an alternative and I will take Mark X for sure becoz of the huge price difference and space. Get it in black, slap on 18" staggered rims/tyres, spend a bit more on coilovers and ICE and I think will still be around $100k to $105k max. U will have some loose change to enjoy other aspects of life!

l have a crazy idea...hww abt buying a 5 yrs old Mx5 and Zhning it?? bodykits..slap a 18" rim..change to a 2 litre engine...respray the whole car??? :)

So are you looking for a two-seater or a four-seater??

Is there an "Altezza" version of the IS250? That should be something worth looking at...

no more altezza. just like no more harrier.

i think japan do not use to have the brand lexus hence they sold the lexus models under totyota brand. now it seems they have sparated toyota and lexus in japan.

I will also go for the Mark X instead of taking a IS250 for the price and everything else accept the Lexus logo.

Have been seeing quite a few new ones at the PI shops near Sin Ming when doing polishing there. Very nice and look quite good.

Maybe you would like to drop by the PI shops and take a closer look and do a test drive.

Unless you really want the brand name, then go for the ultimate driving machine!

Shit y is the resale of E46 so jialat???? Even see a dealer selling @ depre 7200!!!!!! knn..

Skip the 520...that batch has got gearbox problem.

IS250 all the way and lup in some bigger wheels...Will look very nice:)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb88london

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back