Just got my X1 - is there a need to install solar film?

Tarpal

Hi want to find out if there is a need for solar films eg vkool to be installed for my new ride? Understand it is not Preinstalled.

Any other must do upgrade? I am trying to keep the car stock andante add a bicycle carrier on the roof rail.

Appreciate feedback from fellow x1 driver here.

Thanks

Re: Just got my X1 - is there a need to install solar film?

Tarpal;943650 said:
Hi want to find out if there is a need for solar films eg vkool to be installed for my new ride? Understand it is not Preinstalled.

Did you just answer your own question?

I just got my X1 too. I am also considering to install solar film. Any brand to recommend?

Think 3m or vkool. Ur x1 is the s20i? I have not decided on which to install yet

Yes its the 20i. By the way what is your FC? SO far after 2 tank, I calculate it to be 8km/l.
I didnt active the Eco and auto start/off because I read that the auto start/stop cause parts to wear faster

install it ..... better cooling efficiency and safety - keeps the glass from shattering ......

Alson_G;946998 said:
Yes its the 20i. By the way what is your FC? SO far after 2 tank, I calculate it to be 8km/l.
I didnt active the Eco and auto start/off because I read that the auto start/stop cause parts to wear faster

Mine is the older s18, well actual city driving with mixture of highway and roads is also around 8-9km per Litre. The s20i should be more fuel efficient.

S18 does not have Eco mode and Idrive as well as auto start/stop. So cannot compare.

Maybe we can send in together to for sub film to have some discounts? Ha ha

Red_Bean_Bun;947057 said:
install it ..... better cooling efficiency and safety - keeps the glass from shattering ......

Oh, so which brand and from which workshop u using?

How come din get it free?

Most of us got the 3m tinting (car mats, service vouchers etc) free when we bought.

Guys,

How come u guys did not get the tinting for free? It's part of the package... Including the 3M mats. Performance motors uses 3M n it's better then Vcool.

Just got my X1 - is there a need to install solar film?

Maran08;947119 said:
Performance motors uses 3M n it's better then Vcool.

i wudnt say better. vcool is really good too. but 3m free so kennot complain... tinting the x1 not cheap cos got additional panel (panoramic sunroof) to do...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubproorg

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back