K&N Open Pod

Re: K&N Open Pod

lincyeo;403454 said:
bro is that for sale? will it fit an e36 318im?

I'm also looking for this bro... kekkek.... maybe we should order together?.... Erm... I guess there's 2 dealers here....

hi
advise needed.
open pod vs box wat's the diff??
thank you so much

open pod means that there's no airbox - intake air is affected by the engine heat. you will lose low-end performance, but you will gain high-end, but only at the very high end (above certain rpms and definitely not daily drive, unless youdrive like a madman everyday).

there is a lot of discussion in other forums (e46fanatics, bimmerpost, e90post, etc.) on the pros and cons of installing an aftermarket air intake. some have even posted empirical evidence after conducting tests. go have read...

rodney (of r2d) and i have been doing some experimentation ourselves to improve the air intake, but with the stock airbox. we have even made prototypes and installed on our own cars. not ready to share yet until we get more feedback. do drop by r2d and have a chat if you want to find out more.

hmm does not seem to add alot of power....
bros how often do you hit above 5000rpms?

err i thiink just adding a better filter is not going to add even 1 horse. its a combinition of stuffs.

Unless you can ensure isolation of heat in engine bay from K&N, don't do it. I've done a full circle and came back to original. K&N adds sound but you'll notice lag and loss of power.

:D... I also got yuz K&N open port.... don't know got extra horse power or not...but sound damnz shiok even when I'm road hogging.....*swee*...:yummie:

for our weather, closed airbox with good filter and direct feed of air into the ducting is probably best....

tried that K&N Typhoon 69 on my prev M3, ....car felt retarded in hot weather , low end tq was badly compromised.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88promo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back