KW V2 coilover for F10

wt_know

hi,

i just installed KW V2 for F10. the ride is good, still need fine tune the rebound after the springs settled and the height is adjusted to my liking :D

the workshop did not install the so called "pre-stressed spring" made of flat wire saying it is not necessary for F10 520/528 N20. it is only applicable for 7-series

i checked f10post.com the usa dudes (mainly 535, 3L engine) all install the pre-stressed spring which come with the package. if i read correctly, the pre-stressed spring is merely help to absorb the load during adjustment and not necessarily help in day-to-day drive. is this correct?

here is the diagram from kw website. not sure the diagram is refer to what model.

7728870326_0335254281_o.jpg

the funny thing is the pre-stressed spring is install at bottom but the diagram show the pre-stressed spring is at the top which is close to the shock mount :thinking:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: KW V2 coilover for F10

wt_know;1009891 said:
hi,

i just installed the KW V2 for F10. the ride is good (still need fine tuning after spring settled) and hide is adjusted to my liking :D

the workshop did not install the so called "pre-stressed spring" made of flat wire saying it is not necessary for F10. it is only applicable for 7-series

i checked f10post.com the usa dudes all install the pre-stressed spring which come with the package. if i read correctly, the pre-stressed spring is merely help to absorb the load during adjustment and not necessarily help in day-to-day drive. is this correct?

here is the diagram from kw website. not sure the diagram is refer to what model.

7728870326_0335254281_o.jpg

the funny thing is the pre-stressed spring is install in the lower bottom but the diagram show the pre-stressed spring is at the top which is close to the shock mount :thinking:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Congrats.........

Coilover Rocks....
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

KW V3 also comes with pre-stressed spring .... any comment from V3 users?
ac323 ... your V3 got installed the pre-stressed spring ... is it a must to install?

wt_know;1009893 said:
KW V3 also comes with pre-stressed spring .... any comment from V3 users?
ac323 ... your V3 got installed the pre-stressed spring ... is it a must to install?

yes i did.....................

swee swee.....
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ok ... waiting for coilover guru to chip in for their comments

i agree not having the pre-stressed spring installed because i find the spring gap is too narrow and might create sound as my car height is not slamdown which means i need to push the purple ring nut upwards that makes the gap even narrower. beside it is flat wire and not really spring

still confused why kw diagram shows pre-stressed spring is on top but in real application it is installed at the bottom next to the purple ring nut ....

Interesting. I didn't pay attention to this when I installed my v3. I think it matters only if you go super slammed down.

wt_know;1009896 said:
ok ... waiting for coilover guru to chip in for their comments

i agree not having the pre-stressed spring installed because i find the spring gap is too narrow and might create sound as my car height is not slamdown which means i need to push the purple ring nut upwards that makes the gap even narrower. beside it is flat wire and not really spring

still confused why kw diagram shows pre-stressed spring is on top but in real application it is installed at the bottom next to the purple ring nut ....

This could be a generic KW diagram.

:)

The springs need pre-load so that you don't experience clunks when it drops into a pothole or rebounds over hump.

I pre-loaded mine (v3) and my current coilover as well.

thanks RBB.
in this case, i probably agree not to install the pre-stressed spring since my front fender gap is 2.5 fingers
if i put in the pre-stressed spring it probably stack up without gap or very close
will look out for potholes ... in term of hump ... i am well trained to drive slow over hump ...

for slamdown, the pre-load is definitely useful as it can bottom out easily .... hehe

Red_Bean_Bun;1009935 said:
The springs need pre-load so that you don't experience clunks when it drops into a pothole or rebounds over hump.

I pre-loaded mine (v3) and my current coilover as well.

wt_know;1009940 said:
thanks RBB.
in this case, i probably agree not to install the pre-stressed spring since my front fender gap is 2.5 fingers
if i put in the pre-stressed spring it probably stack up without gap or very close
will look out for potholes ... in term of hump ... i am well trained to drive slow over hump ...

for slamdown, the pre-load is definitely useful as it can bottom out easily .... hehe

Assuming you don't adjust the height, adding e pre stress springs will Increase the fender gap not slam it down further.

Y would you remove something that came with the shock?
They r there more for comfort reasons.

noted. thanks

horrible;1010021 said:
Assuming you don't adjust the height, adding e pre stress springs will Increase the fender gap not slam it down further.

Y would you remove something that came with the shock?
They r there more for comfort reasons

Well done Alex, finally! Congrats on yr new ride!! Taxi ride lei ... after yr KW has settled.

Cheers / Vic

no problem ... coilover rocks .... lol

Vic;1010035 said:
Well done Alex, finally! Congrats on yr new ride!! Taxi ride lei ... after yr KW has settled.

Cheers / Vic

wt_know;1010101 said:
ac323 ... is it MTL???

946803_425238590917016_1594954332_n.jpg

1000100_425238537583688_2084989072_n.jpg

when it arrives.............go for it.....

MTL................
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

wt_know;1010103 said:
please give me your SingPass .... cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

PM sent........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

PM received ... i think that's toto or a famous laMWyer number ..... lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads