Life span of E90 Aircon

MaVrk

Hi All,

Would like to check based on your experiences; what's the normal lifespan of your aircon compressor.

My E90's aircon in its 4th year is still working fine, just that it has some weird noises when its turned on, i.e. something like a sizzling sound..sssss from the airvent and becomes more evident when its turned off for a couple of seconds. Other than that, aircon's still functioning as it should, cold air and blower levels unaffected.

I'm not too sure, but could it be the following issues:
  1. Aircon compressor going kaput
  2. Condensor going kaput
  3. Insufficient aircon gas
  4. Expansion valve faulty
Dunno why, but it seems that beemers are always having aircon issues. My previous e46's aircon went kaput in its 6th year. And its looking like my e90's gonna konk off earlier in its 4th year. Should i bring my car to motoaire or PML for a check? Could anyone share the ballpark damage?

Would be most grateful if you guys could share your input. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Re: Life span of E90 Aircon

MaVrk;591435 said:
Dunno why, but it seems that beemers are always having aircon issues.
I hear this comment since the era of E28. Go to Motoaire to check it out. My air con went out before & it seems like only regulator up lorry.

Re: Life span of E90 Aircon

aircon coil should be about 6-7 years or 150000km...

compressor should last the 10 years... i believe compressor oil can be renewed but not sure if anyone in town is technically competent to do it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back