Long long long long wait.....

Alexxx

Sianzzzz....at least 4 more months before my car arrives...

Anyone ever collected their car in Germany? I see some owners from US collecting their cars in Germany for test drive etc before getting it shipped back to them.

Wonder if i can do the same...then got excuse for an Europe trip haha

Re: Long long long long wait.....

which agent u ordered from?

Drive back frm germany to sg la.. Shiok.. And do able..

That is only for LHD vehicle. RHD no luck.

Alexxx;498532 said:
Anyone ever collected their car in Germany? I see some owners from US collecting their cars in Germany for test drive etc before getting it shipped back to them.

Wonder if i can do the same...then got excuse for an Europe trip haha

Thats the Euro Delivery program. If you manage to score a RHD then you can actually apply for temp plates and insurance and drive around before shipping back. Great way to run in the engine and take in the sights at the same

Slater;498538 said:
which agent u ordered from?

Vin car

Hmmm havta check with them coz i doubt they ordered from factory...most prob from dealer there...so dunno if i can actually go test it before taking delivery

Alexxx;498549 said:
Vin car

Hmmm havta check with them coz i doubt they ordered from factory...most prob from dealer there...so dunno if i can actually go test it before taking delivery
i doubt its direct from germany. many of the PI's go through the local distributor in say UK or HK. almost like the PML here in singapore. Hence they will not have direct links directly with germany.

Slater;498551 said:
i doubt its direct from germany. many of the PI's go through the local distributor in say UK or HK. almost like the PML here in singapore. Hence they will not have direct links directly with germany.

Thats what i thought :9

BTW...you know why people seems to keep referring to their 135 as 2010 model?

I read in 1addict about these people taking delivery of their 135 last week etc 2010 model...but its not 2010 yet?? So my is built in 2010 means its a 2011 model??

dont worry about running it in yourself there coz the friendly workers at the docks will already help you play need for speed with your car and help you explore the redline several times to make sure your BMW revs to the limit like it says on the box. that's life.

Racebred;498568 said:
dont worry about running it in yourself there coz the friendly workers at the docks will already help you play need for speed with your car and help you explore the redline several times to make sure your BMW revs to the limit like it says on the box. that's life.

Nahh not worried about running in...just borred of waiting ... thought can go see it first or something...guess not....

Slater;498551 said:

Correct. If RHD, most likely from BMW's UK plant:

BMW (UK) Manufacturing Ltd Headquarters Address
Plant Oxford
Oxford, Oxfordshire OX4 6NL
United Kingdom

pengful;498704 said:

Plant Oxford
United Kingdom
that also explains why the speedometer is in both KM/h and miles per hr. if UK import anyway to change the speedo to reflect only km/h?

pengful;498704 said:

Plant Oxford
United Kingdom
Not necessary. It depends on model.
1 series are mostly from Regensburg
3 series are either from Munich or Regenburg
5 series are mostly from Dingolfing

you can actually.. have to change the whole instrumental cluster and reprogram it. I tho of doing that to my car but gave up the thought as i dun want to rip anything out.. for now.. hehe

Slater;498707 said:
that also explains why the speedometer is in both KM/h and miles per hr. if UK import anyway to change the speedo to reflect only km/h?

Dan Ong;498714 said:
you can actually.. have to change the whole instrumental cluster and reprogram it. I tho of doing that to my car but gave up the thought as i dun want to rip anything out.. for now.. hehe
reprogram?! isnt it just the panel with the readings that need to be changed? have always seen it as just a cosmetic change. the needle will still point to the correct angle be it the km/h face or the mph face no?

davidtch;498709 said:
Not necessary. It depends on model.
1 series are mostly from Regensburg
3 series are either from Munich or Regenburg
5 series are mostly from Dingolfing

We are talking about parallel channel. My E90 was from Munich factory, which I believe is a contract to produce for PML (authorised dealer) in SIN. I don't think any other people can get a RHD model directly from the factory.

It is highly possible parallel importers get their stock from UK, the only Euro country on RHD. Correct me if I am wrong.

i don't think you can just change the panel.. at least for my car i need to replace the whole cluster just to show only km/h.. too much hassle for me and i already got used to the km/h and mph readings

Slater;498717 said:
reprogram?! isnt it just the panel with the readings that need to be changed? have always seen it as just a cosmetic change. the needle will still point to the correct angle be it the km/h face or the mph face no?

Dan Ong;498722 said:
i don't think you can just change the panel.. at least for my car i need to replace the whole cluster just to show only km/h.. too much hassle for me and i already got used to the km/h and mph readings
ok thanks fer advice. seems like to much trouble just for aesthetics.

Racebred;498568 said:

this is what i am scared about also..but i heard these people have speed limits at the docks..and they are proffesionals...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8dog

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back