lost my key

Appetite

Hi Guys,

Do you know where else i can make another set of keys? I lost 1 set of it and PML quoted me 350 for the replacement.

Any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks!

Re: lost my key

Sounds about right. At least for the E39/E46, you can't get the keys duplicated outside of the BMW dealer network. While you can make the physical cut, the immobiliser needs to be programmed by factory.

You can ask them to disable the lost key, so that even if someone tries to start the car with the lost key, it won't start.

Appetite said:
Hi Guys,

Do you know where else i can make another set of keys? I lost 1 set of it and PML quoted me 350 for the replacement.

Any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks!

Unfortunately no way out. The only other people who come close to cutting an immobiliser key is Hwa Keat. Do a search on goggle, they are at Turf city, but they cannot do BMW. Anyhow, their price also pretty fierce.

I paid $350 to PML. They can duplicate my immobilier key for my S2000, but wanted $120, got it from the agent at abt $100 finally.

I just called PML parts today and told them that I'd like to purchase a key as I had lost one of 'em.
It would cost >400bucks for 1, plus another 70 bucks for programming it.

470 bucks for a key....ouch.

I'm keen to find out if any other forumers had other avenues of getting their key replaced?
Many thanks!

Toh Guan centre... grd floor, the side facing PIE, where the zaino, bronze carman and vkool is. There is a car key shop there, their eqpt looks sophisticated and i've seen bmw keys lying ard. You might wanna just check with them.

hi Benchmarc, thanks for the pointer. I would head there tomorrow. I've just ordered a blank spare and see how that works out. Would keep you guys posted. Your pointer much appreciated!

benchmarc;407785 said:
Toh Guan centre... grd floor, the side facing PIE, where the zaino, bronze carman and vkool is. There is a car key shop there, their eqpt looks sophisticated and i've seen bmw keys lying ard. You might wanna just check with them.

Markus, i think you're talking bout the shop Soxxi or smth like that.

it means key in hokkien.... very famous shop.
good recommendation...

Of course good la!!! They even sell locksmith tools... no shit... damn dangerous shop...

Here's my feedback from my trip to the key shop :

I asked how much did it cost to get a blank there for programming, quoted around 4-500bucks. (Note that PML is asking 400 for a new cut key matched to the car)
Next, I produced a blank and asked them to cut it : they wanted 60 bucks to cut it. (note that this is just cutting the key, not programming it).

What do you guys think of the pricing?

So I've programmed the new key to unlock and lock the car etc... all happy.

One final step : I need to get the transponder within the key to be recoginized by the EWS. Anybody knows who I can approach to do this?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jun88pcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back