Lower 320i while maintaining comfort

Thinkbig

Hi friends,

I'd like to lower my 320i e90 (2008) while still maintaining then current comfort.

Need your advice on what to do. Brand and item recommendations (extimated price) please?

Heard that there are even shocks that we can adjust the comfort to our liking? Not sure if have any for bimmer (spelling edited).

Thank u in advance for your help :)

Sharm

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Lower 320i while maintaining comfort

Thinkbig;660165 said:
Hi friends,

I'd like to lower my 320i e90 (2008) while still maintaining then current comfort.

Need your advice on what to do. Brand and item recommendations (extimated price) please?

Heard that there are even shocks that we can adjust the comfort to our liking? Not sure if have any for bummer.

Thank u in advance for your help :)

Sharm

bro u mean bimmer?

Ooops! Bimmer, yes! iPad 'autocorrected' from bimmer to bummer lol

Coming back to lowering my bimmer.....?

Thinkbig;660179 said:
Ooops! Bimmer, yes! iPad 'autocorrected' from bimmer to bummer lol

Coming back to lowering my bimmer.....?

Hi Thinkbig,

can try KW V3..............do a search in the suspension section...

cheers

coilover = check out KW V2 = performance + comfort

spring = eibach or h&r, personal view eibach should be more comfortable than h&r

shock = original (if still new) or bilstein B8 (designed for lowering spring)

If you want only looks and not compromising comfort, check out ST V1 or KW V1. Cheaper too.

How low do you want to go? See mine. Low enough? I opted for Bilsteins B12 kit, non-adjustable...anyway don't intend to adjust. Cost below 1k.

B12 kit < $1K ? that's really value for money in view that bilstein is a reputable product.
for street driving that's good. not everyone wants a slamdown look
BTW, that's 18" or 19" rim ? i recalled you posted you are on 18" with 235/265. if that's correct, the wheels look big :thumbsup:

pengful, Bilstein B12 kit is what? $1k damn wu hua le.

If I know got such kit at such price confirm chiong liao last time.

pengful;660270 said:
How low do you want to go? See mine. Low enough? I opted for Bilsteins B12 kit, non-adjustable...anyway don't intend to adjust. Cost below 1k.

swee......

cheers

wt_know;660271 said:
B12 kit < $1K ? that's really value for money in view that bilstein is a reputable product.
for street driving that's good. not everyone wants a slamdown look
BTW, that's 18" or 19" rim ? i recalled you posted you are on 18" with 235/265. if that's correct, the wheels look big :thumbsup:

A little hard on the ride but you'll get used to it. It's 18" and I do agree they look large.

C3P0;660273 said:
pengful, Bilstein B12 kit is what? $1k damn wu hua le.

Just a lowering shock/ spring kit. Fixed height, cannot adjust therefore cheaper than coil-overs.

pengful;660340 said:
Just a lowering shock/ spring kit. Fixed height, cannot adjust therefore cheaper than coil-overs.

Where did u get your bilstein from ?

nobkia;660372 said:
Depends on how big and heavy your rims too

Just wondering... what has weight got to do with lowering? Care to enlighten?

Probably he was trying to say, bigger rims and lower tyre profile will bring more discomfort. Hope u had found your "right" coil. I m a sucker for Taiwanese things (need not pay for the branding) even after driving a conti car now. You can try drift racing or BC BR. Both are height + damper adjustables. So u can choose the desired flavor of your ride. What I feel soft may be too hard for others. Thus, a bit more to be able to adjust damper is always useful. Btw, aftermarket coils can be repaired. No worries on warranty issues and normally proven gd even after 3-4 yrs with easily 100k km clocked. That's my experience using such coils. I used to change my ball joint every 6 mths. Hope it's a good gauge on my driving style and the durability of these coils.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79boston
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back